Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101007 times)

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 02:13:39 AM »

stop breaking people's shit, people! D:

Somebody should really make a sign that says that and put it right in front of the spawn point.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 02:20:37 AM »

I know Upthorn was acting in good faith, and wasn't trying to break anything, but yeah: please don't disrupt other people's stuff, even if you're trying to "improve" it, without their explicit permission.

Anyway, my next project may involve building nested glass pyramids inside the current one, with alternating flows of water and lava. 

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

Yeah, there's a program that imports 3d models to minecraft.

True. This, however, is being built by hand. Should be neat when it's finished.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »

... I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO CROSS DEATH MOUNTAIN OR THE LOST WOODS!!!

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »

someone send him that picture of all the dungeons interlocking

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »

I was looking for that, and wound up finding this as well: a guide to mining and getting the most of the various minerals.

Also, I think it was Max mentioning the Portal adaptation? I didn't realize just how thorough it was.

Minecraft + Portal
Minecraft + Portal + Multiplayer
Signature:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »

someone send him that picture of all the dungeons interlocking

He's aware.  It's not useful, because they don't interlock with their entrances corresponding to the overworld entrances.  So you can't just toss the dungeons a layer below.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »

Whoever built the huge ass fort over the mystery path through the mountains, you're awesome.  You did that in less than a day?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2010, 08:30:13 PM »

I need to have this on my desktop or something. Shame I'm still running Windows from what is effectively a command-line interface. Joxam.no-ip.org:25565

Whoever built the huge ass fort over the mystery path through the mountains, you're awesome.  You did that in less than a day?

Don't tell me you guys found my new construction already! D:

If it's the one made primarily of sand, yeah, you did.

I wanted it to be a surprise once I actually finished.
Signature:

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2010, 12:50:08 AM »

I guess a bunch of you guys saw my lava falls, but it seems only Kayin has seen the sand castle so far. That's fine: it's not finished anyway.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to determine if a renewable obsidian mine is really possible. Even with the idea that "still" lava spawns obsidian as easily as "source" lava, there's no way to get water to still lava that doesn't cut off the path from the source. I thought I might take advantage of the fact that water moves faster than lava and try to get it to rush in by having two columns of lava and water right next to each other and removing the block in between them, but it still winds up in cobblestone right in the middle. I doubt it's possible.
Signature:

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »

I've done some testing and never quite managed to get obsidian from non-lava sources, even by dropping water directly from above onto a crossroad of lava fountains.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2010, 03:28:02 AM »

yo dawg I herd you like pyramids so I put a pyramid inside a pyramid inside a pyramid so you can have lava inside your water inside your lava

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2010, 07:54:46 AM »

We're going to have to establish a self-guided tour of some sort.  Smilers glass walkway is slowly turning out to be a good way to go about that.  Smiler, if you need more glass, I've got some down in the bunker on the other side of the lake you're building over (Near Kayin's airship).  Just go in one of the doors and head north until you see the sign that points you to the supplies.

We're developing some interesting monuments further and further away from the start point.  Is the server handling this okay?  We were sorta told not to wander off.

Megacactus slowly grows.  Farming cacti is going to be difficult when HP is implemented.  Cacti harm you if you're too close.  When a cactus is cut, the pick-up blocks are destroyed if they touch another cactus.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »

We're going to have to establish a self-guided tour of some sort.

The Slide (Day) - Minecraft
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »

Are you guys still setting shit on fire and leaving it? If so, fuck you.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »

That was an early indiscretion. I thought Ziiro said he'd already put it out. If not, I'll happily do so provided I can find my way there again. I've been putting out all the continuous fires I started before you guys said not to.
Signature:

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »

I tried to put it out, but half way through the task I was going to show ZedPower and Kayin where it was.

But then I forgot how I got there.
 ::(:

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »

In an attempt to make things easier to find in our ever-expanding world, I decided to make some street signs for the glass walkway that Smiler's been building.

I dubbed the main part that goes from Zed's pyramid all the way past Kayin's airship "Main Street", and the short branch that goes towards my Death Orb "Slowpoke Way".  I'll leave the naming of the other streets to more imaginative people.

I also had each sign indicate the compass directions in which it runs so it will be easy to say "Head north on Main St. until you reach..." etc.

I hope this is a better way of directing people than trying to have a billion signs indicating the direction of each individual project.  We could even create a directory so people can locate projects they may not have found yet.

which reminds me, when are we getting that updated map?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

Upthorn borked my lava pyramid...

stop breaking people's shit, people! D:
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It was a misunderstanding on my part. I mentioned on the server that I thought it'd look cool to convert Esper's pyramid from stone to glass, and people generally said "yeah, but it'd be a lot of work" or "yes, but it'd take a lot of sand", so I thought I had permission to do the work myself.
Which proved not to be the case, so yeah...
In the future I'll be sure to find out who owns a thing and ask them permission directly before I do any work on it.
signature
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 72