Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101007 times)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »

I'd probably want to keep the current map until we get bored of it and there's no building room left within any reasonable travel distance of spawn. We should have plenty of time before Notch fixes monsters.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:05 AM »

I am strongly against a full map reset. I do like the middleground option zara suggested and detonator rejected offhand without really reading.
The one where we erase all the chunks that don't have stuff built on them so that when we visit them again, they'll have biomes and stuff.
signature

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 05, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »

I think that would fit under option #1 or 2.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 05, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »

We could move the spawn point a few miles. That'd allow a fresh start while keeping the old material available.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

I don't particularly like moving the spawn. We don't get any of he cool new biomes stuff or anything, the old still can still be broken and old supplies, while difficult, can still be reobtained. 4 or 1 is really what I'm feeling, with 4 being my preference.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:34 PM »

We don't get any of he cool new biomes stuff or anything

Actually, that's probably not true. If the cliffs are any indication, Minecraft doesn't generate the entire world at once, so biome formation is probably dynamically done during play the same way the current landscape is. That means all we'd have to do to have biomes in our server is to visit places that haven't currently been generated on the map.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

If we keep a server for the old map, I'm all for cutting off the edges (if possible) so we can generate biomes.

I also think that we shouldn't jump the gun on generating a new map after the patch.  Chances are there will still be issues to resolve that may make multiplayer kind of a hassle.  We can test it out, sure, but I wouldn't commit to a map until we're sure most everything is implemented.

The old map is great, but keep in mind that things like minecarts and buckets don't work and that limited a lot of the potential things we could do.  If we start the map with everything implemented, we could design our buildings with a minecart railway in mind or make better use of the surrounding water sources.

That's just me, though.  I'm a sucker for planning things.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

Well, yeah, but we can always retrofit those things in just as well.
signature

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

I'm not trying to argue that I'm right or you're wrong, I'm just saying what my preference is.  That's why the poll is there, so we can see what people prefer and try to go with the majority.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2010, 05:18:39 PM »

Sorry, I'm used to TASvideos style polls, where people post arguements to support their decisions and can be swayed, and the end result tends to be weighted towards the side that is better reasoned.
signature

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »

So it's just like Duel Monsters!

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »

Sorry, I'm used to TASvideos style polls, where people post arguements to support their decisions and can be swayed, and the end result tends to be weighted towards the side that is better reasoned.
My apologies, I shouldn't have come down on you for giving your opinions when I've already given mine.  The poll does allow people to change their votes if they want.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »

Skindex has a phenomenally terrible interface. An endlessly long list of every skin anybody has ever uploaded, in most recent to oldest order, with no other sorting options possible? What's not to like?
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2010, 06:41:20 PM »

Well, tagged search helps it a bunch.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »

In a curious bit of synchronicity, Joxam burned Kayin's blimp down by accident today. We may be reverting the server, or maybe not.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #337 on: October 06, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »

Oops.

Seriously though. I'm sorry.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »

stop breaking people's shit, people! D:

Seriously? DO I have to say it every week?
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:02 PM »

I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 72