Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101023 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2010, 06:37:36 AM »

if i were notch, i would drop the game right now and never return, after my players proved themselves to be complete fucking assholes

except for the part where he's not doing this for free like the Dwarf Fortress guy, and hasn't put out a meaningful update in like two months, and the majority of people playing the game have paid for it, and he's basically the most successful independent developer of all time simply because of word of mouth from the players who you think are complete assholes.

I'm not saying the DDOSers are right, but jesus christ, this isn't an issue of him doing something out of the good of his heart and being attacked for no reason.

shinra being shinra

maybe if he hadn't promised an enormous update and told everybody exactly when it was coming out (and here, if you don't know, i'm referring to the coming Halloween update) i'd think you made any sense

but you don't make any sense

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »

PCGamer is previewing the Halloween update. Ghasts are apparently flying monsters that shoot fireballs which can destroy blocks and set fire to the world, but only appear in the fast-travel hellscape.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »

I'll be curious to see how those ghosts target their fireballs (and this may be a question that skeleton targeting can make precedents for) - they can destroy terrain, sure, but do they shoot if they can't see you? i.e. if you constructed enclosed tunnels within the hell dimension between your hellgates, would they shoot the blocks of your tunnel when you were behind them, or just indiscriminately target non-hell blocks period, or just ignore them because they can never see you and thus never target anything?

In other words, will Hell provide an infrastructure in which we can (theoretically) establish a serverwide transit system that's mostly risk-free? (Of course, the construction of said infrastructure would be hilariously hazardous, but...
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »

Personally, I don't see how developing portals to a hellish dimension full of lava and fireball-shooting floating heads as a means of quick transport could possibly end poorly.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:15 AM »

Thank you for traveling with Pyoko HellLines. Mind the step.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »

A world in which we cannot develop rapid transit via a sidestep through the abyss is not a world I want to live in.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »

Subspace is cool. I like it.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »

If we were real men, we would build EVERYTHING in Hell and not just use it for traveling.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

I vow to mod the server to force you to listen to the subspace music from Star Control 2 while you're down there.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 22, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »

Hyperspace or Quasispace? Original version or modern remix? And, if Hyperspace, which new version?
...but is it art?

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 22, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »

If we were real men, we would build EVERYTHING in Hell and not just use it for traveling.

I'm pretty on-board with Operation: Hell World City USA

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #471 on: October 22, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 22, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »

See, here's something I find frustrating from Notch:

@notch I dont suppose SMP will be getting damage with this halloween update, will it?
@Gagtech we'll see next week during the crunch.
@notch @Gagtech PLEASE WE NEED THIS SOOO BAD!!
@Mast3r_Shak3r @Gagtech If it's not in for the 31'st, it will be soon after. SMP is highest priority.

So SMP is his highest priority, but the fix that would make SMP actual SMP instead of a glorified creative mode is might be delayed until after the content update. Which, might I add, contains new mobs that won't be in SMP, unless he updates health/damage.

:facepalm:

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 23, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

solution: DDoS minecraft.net on the 31st until the patch that includes SMP damage is finished
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 23, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »

Good idea. If I do that, then I guess Notch will just have to

Deal with it.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »

So SMP is his highest priority, but the fix that would make SMP actual SMP instead of a glorified creative mode is might be delayed until after the content update. Which, might I add, contains new mobs that won't be in SMP, unless he updates health/damage.

I'm not sure if thats actually true. Without a lot of other features, damage in SMP would just be obnoxious and make the game suck. For example: If SMP had health now. I'd just be an annoyance that punishes you for slipping. I don't care if it takes a bit more to add health, because without having other stuff, SMP will just be a piece of shit. I'd rather have creative then an obnoxious, unfun version single player.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2010, 06:34:37 PM »

Server is at minecraft.brontoforum.us right now, by the way.

If we end up running two instances I'll probably change it to something like zanzibarland and galuade.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #478 on: October 24, 2010, 06:25:42 AM »

I'm not sure if thats actually true. Without a lot of other features, damage in SMP would just be obnoxious and make the game suck. For example: If SMP had health now. I'd just be an annoyance that punishes you for slipping. I don't care if it takes a bit more to add health, because without having other stuff, SMP will just be a piece of shit. I'd rather have creative then an obnoxious, unfun version single player.

If damage actually worked, we could turn monsters back on.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »

What Zara said.  It's not that monsters aren't currently implemented, it's just that they function only as nigh-invulnerable irritations.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 72