Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 101230 times)

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2009, 04:50:55 PM »

I hate when they struggle to death. Anyway, long battles are the perfect opportunities for timer balls :3

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »

I actually use Mesprit on my default team of: Mesprit, Metagross, Hitmonchan, Gardevoir, Gallade and another Gardevoir using only a single STAB each while everything else is varied across all the other various move types to keep it versatile.

But I also avoid any sort of metagame tourneyfag nonsense and keep to my small group of friends when battling, so that team is amazingly functional for me.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

My default team is Gallade, Charizard, Luxray, Charizard, Blissey, and either Cherrim or Milotic depending on if I'm doing doubles or not.

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »

God help me, I'm giving this thing a shot.  I'm a total newbie, ridicule me if you must.
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

The single-player mode is pretty easy to faceroll through, the trick is that pretty much nothing you do to be good in single-player is worth a thing playing against another human.

Though playing against another person can be shitloads of fun unless you want to make a team which requires complex breeding chains to pass moves along.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2009, 12:38:05 AM »

I don't know why but I'm going to get in on Pokemon again. Platinum won't be out here for eight weeks so I may import. A few questions:

1. Aside from exclusive Pokemon, am I missing anything by skipping Diamond/Pearl (or Gold/Silver/Crystal/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)?
2. Other than trading from GBA games, is there a drawback to playing a US version in the UK? (Compatibility with local events?)
3. How am I supposed to get Mewtwo or Mew? (Trade from someone who got it at an event back in Leaf Green/Fire Red? Use a DS emulator with cheats and trade via an R4?)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:18 AM »

I wasn't aware there were any regional limits on importing from GBA, or, for that matter, on anything. However, Platinum is by all accounts an improvement over Diamond in Pearl in every way that was changed, so there's no real drawback.
...but is it art?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2009, 03:44:06 AM »

I don't know why but I'm going to get in on Pokemon again. Platinum won't be out here for eight weeks so I may import. A few questions:

1. Aside from exclusive Pokemon, am I missing anything by skipping Diamond/Pearl (or Gold/Silver/Crystal/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)?
2. Other than trading from GBA games, is there a drawback to playing a US version in the UK? (Compatibility with local events?)
3. How am I supposed to get Mewtwo or Mew? (Trade from someone who got it at an event back in Leaf Green/Fire Red? Use a DS emulator with cheats and trade via an R4?)
1. No
2. No
3. There were no events for them as far as I know, so cheating. But why do you need them at all?

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2009, 04:28:38 AM »

Mew had an event
As did, well, everything up to (as of right now) Arceus. So it is entirely possible, assuming you have a well-traveled copy of FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, (Or a friend withone) to have a completely legit pokedex of 492/492, that last pokemon being God (Arceus).

And I'm pretty sure enough people here can do the clone dance and internet trade with you JDigital.

And before Duke swoops in screeching about it, I have already replaced my Shaymin & Darkrai with legit event ones. A friend hooked me up with legit copies of Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Celebi.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »

Not that non-legitimacy suddenly makes you a lesser person or anything.

Unless it's got retarded moves, stats or abilities.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2009, 05:17:26 AM »

Only pokeymans that are brazenly hacked (IE, are full on illegal as per game code) were the Marumine and the Wondertomb you gave to me.

Well, that and God-Derp, The Bidoof from which all others were made from.

800 IN EVERY STAT.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:57 AM »

Battle Tower nonsense doesn't count!

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »

JD, I have an extra Mewtwo you can prolly have, though the Mew you are certainly on your own.  Mew events are few and far between.  And agreeing with Bongobill, Platinum is an all around improvement on D/P and you can get more legendaries and just more pokemon in that version alone.

And I don't know how event compatibility goes, but if it doesn't matter where the cart came from and you are still capable of doing events, go for the U.S. version; otherwise I'd suggest waiting because it isn't like the UK doesn't get events.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »

I have a copy of Japanese Diamond, and while it DOES play in the American DS, I brought it to try and do TRU event pokemon, and it wouldn't work.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2009, 12:08:47 PM »

It's dumb that the two aren't just compatible.  If a japanese game can play in an american ds, then damn it, it should also play nice with events.

Still no shiny turtwig either.  And I'm wondering if I will be able to hold out for a DSi or just cave and get one on launch.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »

Some posters on the Gamespot forums say their Japanese carts didn't work in US events and vice-versa. I'm assuming this is true, as I can't find anyone who says theirs did work.

Can't find anything about UK/US though. I'd have to find a UK user who imported the US version of Diamond/Pearl and attempted a UK event.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »

I am having an issue (other than my hopeless quest for a shiny starter).  There's a milotic event soon, but it's only going to be in these areas:

May 9 at Seattle, WA,
May 16 at San Francisco, CA,
May 23 at Phoenix, AZ,
May 30 at Dallas, TX,
June 6 at Philadelphia, PA,
June 13 at Nashville, TN

Does anybody with Platinum live in any of those areas that would be willing to get me that shiny milotic?  I'm guessing pretty much no, but it's worth asking anyway.  I have things I can trade for said milotic.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »

I know someone in Phoenix, but I don't know if he is going.

I know several people in Seattle, but same as above.

I know a guy not far from SF/Dallas, but same as above. I guess I will ask around. If I can get one, you can have it.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »

There's a slight chance I might be around Philly at that date. I'll let you know.

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »

I could be in Seattle, but I refuse to play this game in public.
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 78