Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 110

Author Topic: MTG  (Read 153452 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: MTG
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2009, 05:00:10 AM »

Say Envy, you got a Figure of Destiny in there? I've been needing another copy ever since the 2010 rules made my Goblin Legionnaires a fair bit crappier.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »

Ha ha I sent you a message with whats in there. You will be pleasently suprise Mongrel.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »

Buge, instead, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »

I like cards too ;-;

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »

I like cards too ;-;

Well, I'm hoping Max will send me his stuff. I'll send you all the slivers.

Is there anything else you need or are looking for?

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »

The only thing I diddnt add to what I'm giving out is the 4 foil reflecting pools, last stand's, duals, and FoWs. If you really want some stuff LD I can try to find more in my shed of what I shelfed away.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

Eventide Duals? Foil reflecting pools?

And do you actually have Force of Wills?

That stuff's actually worth money you know, you might want to try and er, get something for that. If you meant regular dual lands, I uh, might want to make you an offer on some.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »

I'm talking about old Dual. Taigas and crap. Yes I have force of wills. Sadly no offers on the duals. Those are a key part of last stand.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2009, 08:04:12 PM »

I'm talking about old Dual. Taigas and crap. Yes I have force of wills. Sadly no offers on the duals. Those are a key part of last stand.

Oh this is a deck you're keeping. That makes sense at least. I thought you meant Last Stand. Or do you actually have a deck based on that card?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »

By the way, I'd just like to say that while most folks I've talked to hate it, I can only find this month's FNM promo card to be PRICELESS.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

When Browbeat was T2 I remember it being fucking broken. How does ANYONE hate it?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Maybe they mean they hate having it used against them, because man I don't know any other thing they could hate about it.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

Oh this is a deck you're keeping. That makes sense at least. I thought you meant Last Stand. Or do you actually have a deck based on that card?
I am dead serious it is a last stand deck. Based on the card last stand and coalition victory.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

Maybe they mean they hate having it used against them, because man I don't know any other thing they could hate about it.

I just love that picture. It's like the cover for some horrible early 90's metal album.

WHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »

I know the picture is awesome and the effect more so. The deck has shadowmage infiltrators and the like in it, force of wills, just random awesome thigns to make the deck great. Cromat has much love from me though.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »

Haha, my friend Phil had a Cromat/Coalition Victory deck. It used all five Battlemages and "gate" creatures to keep things interesting.

Of course, he also built a Slivers/Damping Matrix deck, a Vedalken Shackles/Bribery/Spawnbroker/Imaginary Pet/Temporal Adept deck, a Timesifter/Sensei's Divining Top Deck, a Myr Incubator/Coat of Arms deck, an only-two-creatures/Proteus Staff/Raise the Alarm/Goblin Charbelcher deck....

Oh yes, and a Sins of the Past/Eye of the Storm/Seething Song/Stone Rain/Pyromatics deck.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »

I just like last stand cause it is so wacky and by the time you play it if you only have dual lands well you have so many effects going off at once. I still like forbidden Orchard/ and Oath of druids deck. Then again everyone and their mother had a Oath deck.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2009, 03:05:49 AM »

I'm one of those horrible people that builds decks and then never really takes them apart (unless the deck really bores me or Wizards kills it with errata). Got about 20 decks right now.

Years ago (around Urza's block), a lot of my decks started as sort of tributes/examples of decks that no one played anymore, that have since been re-popularised by Wizards (like big stupid green, white weenie, sllivers, etc.), so they've been tuned and have gained cards for years and are a little too good for average casual play now. They tend to be type one, but because they're usually fairly casual, they're only about as good as a proper Legacy (1.5) deck, maybe a little less than that.

I've been trying to add a couple of new decks for a while now based on my usual "find a pile of cards you like playing with and go from there". See I tend to just aquire cards slowly that I think will be fun or useful in a deck and eventually a new deck just presents itself from my binder pages. These days I pretty much spend my time now waiting for Wizards to print new cards that turn out to be the 'missing pieces' that I never knew I needed for any of my potential decks.

I just haven't been able to get anywhere lately though. Nothing really stands out as complete and the last two years have yielded some pretty slim pickings as far as cool new cards go. The closest thing I've got is the following pile:

4x Undermine
4x Countersquall
4x Mundungu

With possibly 3x or 4x Forsaken Wastes and maybe 3x Pillar Tombs of Aku

I could make it more controllish, with more counterspells etc. or maybe more board control (black kill spells, Damnation), but what really gets me is that Forsaken wastes isn't really a win condition on it's own unless I totally lock an opponent down (which this deck doesn't really do), and even then against a good aggro deck it's still not a sure thing. What the deck needs is a really fun win condition that's in keeping with the deck's "Quit hittin' yerself! Quit hittin' yerself!" theme, Maybe 4-10 more cards. But I have no clue what. I also wish it had at least one more really solid control spell like Countersquall/Undermine, but stuff like Psychic Venom, while funny enough to run, isn't quite good enough to actually do much. Sorin Markov seems funny as a 2x, but he won't win games on his own and his second ability might as well be blank as far as my deck is concerned (most likley the opponent ought to be down to at least 10 or so by the time I would get six mana).

Any suggestions?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2009, 04:08:44 AM »

Remember when we were talking about Bloodchief Ascension? Well, see, I think it's a perfect fit in your deck. It can come down on turn one, when otherwise you don't have much going on. Before you ascend, it cares about the opponent losing life; afterward, it cares about the opponent losing cards. Undermine and Countersquall work equally well for both sides of that arrangement. Merfolk Looter or the like can get rid of unnecessary duplicates. I'm fond of Blizzard Specter for additional life and card loss. If you're willing to go to three colors, you could go for Agent of Masks, which has been one of my favorites for a long time.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2009, 04:39:45 AM »

If your wanting counterspell and life loss. Dash Hopes is pretty good. 2 black and they either get countered or lose 5 life.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 110