Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 110

Author Topic: MTG  (Read 153458 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: MTG
« Reply #500 on: July 17, 2010, 06:48:59 AM »

Any baneslayers or nantukos?

Got one Nantuko. Starr and I already have our playsets (all foreign languages even) going way back to Torment, so any we open are free tradebait (as are the four Garruks). No Walletslayers (was hoping to open a Russian one... we have German Spanish, Portugese, and French ones already... Russian angels are :luv:), but we did get a Fauna Shaman, Grave Titan, Primeval Titan, the Garruks, and only a couple of the trashy mythics (I think we got a Lilliana and a Demon of Death's Outhouse as our 'mostly worthless' mythics).

We may buy a little bit more, probably mostly Russian, since we did get Spanish & French M10, but no Russian and we want to try for Russian Honor of the Pure and Russian Baneslayers.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 17, 2010, 04:16:34 PM »

Picked up a third box* worth of various packs today (the store we go to gives us box price on 36 packs, even if don't buy a sealed box, so we can play mix n' match with the foreign packs). Didn't get a Russian walletslayer, but we did open another French one (and our first from M11), as well as our first Sun Titan and a Russian Honor of the Pure (which I did want quite a bit). Got a few other things to flog, another Natuko Shade etc.

Probably buy another handful of packs in a day or two and call it a day. Like M10 this is a GREAT set for rebuilding our hobo soup kitchen trade binder through addict-level pack-cracking (as opposed to say Worldwake packs, which are more like Powerball tickets).

*Three boxes sounds like a lot, but since both Starr and I are buying, it's really like a box and a half each (giving us each a playset of the set's commons and most of a playset of most uncommons). We typically buy between a box and a half and 3 boxes per set, depending on how much we like that set.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »

One that lacks anything besides empty pages and a handful of awful ten-cent rares.

Basically, a trade binder with nothing worth trading for in it.

EDIT: "hobo soup kitchen trade binder" isn't some kind of MTG expression or anything. I just made it up in that post.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 17, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »

Basically, a trade binder with nothing worth trading for in it.

So, my binder.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #505 on: July 18, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

I bought a Fat Pack that had two Grave Titans in it. I can't say I'm not impressed.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 18, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »

Here's a stab at a semi-serious Standard deck.  Red/White/Blue Allies.  I know I can take out the Angels for either more allies or more hard control such as Mana Leak.  I might change it in to a blue/white mill/pound deck with Jace's Erasure and Ajani's Pridemate.

Cancel x4
Halimar Excavator x3
Hada Freeblade x4
Soul's Attendant x3
Ajani Goldmane x2
Talus Paladin x1
Journey to Nowhere x3
Join The Ranks x4
Highland Berserker x2
Akoum Battlesinger x3
Lightning Bolt x3
Platinum Angel x2
Prophetic Prism x3
Island x6
Plains x7
Mountain x7
Glacial Fortress x2
Celestial Colonnade x1

I know it's pretty eclectic, but I'm looking for ways to streamline it.  I can't decide if I want to do lifegain or allied beatdowns.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 18, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

Red/White/Blue Allies.

Coalition of the Willing?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 18, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »

What?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »

You know, because Red White and Blue are the colours of America? And you're using "allies?"

Allies of America? Like what they sent in to Iraq? And Bush called it a 'Coalition of the Willing'...?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 18, 2010, 12:14:38 PM »

...It's really sad when a damn foreigner knows more about your country than you. 

I love you Buge.

Anyway, back on topic:

I need Juwari Shapeshifters for my proposed mill deck if I want to take it to just blue/red.  Hada Freeblade, Join the Ranks, Halimar Excavators, and Juwari Shapeshifters.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 18, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

Best ally colours are G/W/U 

Key Allies are:

G

Harabaz Druid
Oran-Reef Survivalist
Turntimber Ranger

W

Kazandu Blademaster
Hada Freeblade
Talus Paladin
Kabira Evangel (maybe)

U

Jwari Shapeshifter
Sea Gate Oracle (maybe)

Also, to hell with Cancel, Mana Leak's back in M11. Baneslayers are a better, faster finisher than platinum angels if you can get them, but even if they're out of your reach for now, there's still more appropriate cards to play to help your deck: oblivion ring, condemn, path to exile, various plainswalkers - especially the regular Jace Beleren (that's the $3-$5 Jace, not the $80 Jace), etc. etc.

If you want to keep the Mill theme, and only go partial allies, go for Hedron Crab, Archive Trap, etc.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 18, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »

Yeah, I'd like to, but my trade binder's kinda lacking, and will be for a while yet, although I did get a few keen rares that can help.

I already have one Archive Trap, and yes, I would like more.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »

Well, 12 posts above is my current recommendation for improving a trade binder. :slow:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »

Last trickle of packs was pretty decent. Sweet fuck all in three packs of French or Spanish, but the only three Chinese packs we've purchased this set had Voltaic Key, new Maze, Fauna Shaman, and Walletslayer. O___O  A dozen Russian packs also nabbed us a second Grave Titan (ffffuck yeah).

Didn't really expect to get a Russian Baneslayer, but I'm kinda pissed that we didn't open a single copy of the white leyline in ANY foreign language. Oh well we did really well other than that, so NO COMPLAINTS.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #515 on: July 22, 2010, 06:09:09 PM »

From the Vaults: Relics contains an artifact that previews Scars of Mirrodin. Not sure about the exact wording, but this is basically it:

Sword of Body and Mind - 3
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from blue and from green.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, then put a 2/2 green wolf creature token onto the battlefield
Equip 2
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »

They deciphered that tiny, burry image? Hm.

Anyways.

That's... pretty fucking retarded.

And by 'retarded' I don't mean 'amazingly good'.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 22, 2010, 06:34:45 PM »

Well it does do two of the things blue and green are known for. Milling, and putting out weak tokens.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »

Yeah, I think people were hoping for something just a little more in line with the SoFI and SoLS.

The biggest problem is that yeah, equipment is repeatable, but 5, 6, 7 mana for casting + attaching is still a lot. Like even the Sword of Vengeance from M11 seems really good at first, but is just a little too weak. Tournament playable equipment (other than Skullclamp, which was really just a broken combo piece rather than normal pimp-yo'-creechaz equipment per se) can be counted on the fingers of a blind carpenter: Jitte, SoFI, and MAYBE SoLS and Behemoth Sledge (the latter two saw some standard play).

EDIT: By the by, Starr got six weeaboo packs yesterday and opened us another Primeaval Titan. *Thrusting gestures*

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 22, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

What about Basilisk Collar.

Edit: I hope to god we never see another Jitte/Skullclamp honestly.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 110