Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 110

Author Topic: MTG  (Read 153450 times)

Amuro Ray

• TOTAL DORK
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: MTG
« Reply #1020 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:06 AM »

So I bought a MTG deck yesterday "Pirexian Posion." It's a green/black infect deck. I haven't played type 2 since Onslaught, but I thought I'd give it a try since they're back on Mirrodin. I only read the Moons of Mirrordin book, so I was like WTF when I seen the awesome "Glissa, the Trader" card. Why doesn't she have infect!?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 26, 2011, 01:36:16 AM »

'cause she's got first strike and deathtouch.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1022 on: February 26, 2011, 04:24:22 AM »

Yeah, Phyrexia isn't exclusively infect. That's a major part of their arsenal, but look at Decimator Web: it's just one part of a larger overall strategy of winning any way they can.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 27, 2011, 05:24:18 AM »

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 27, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »

That's just brilliant.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 03, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »

Everyone's probably seen this but I felt like sharing it anyway.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2449-Its-Magic

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 18, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »

So I just saw a trailer for MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, and during the trailer, it shows each of the five colors, and the core planeswalkers associated with them, except...

Red: Chandra
Blue: Jace
Green: Garruk
Black: Sorin???
White: Gideon???

I'm thinking this might be a teaser for Core 2012.  But yeah, I was expecting to see Liliana and Ajani for black and white.  I saw the trailer in association with The Spoony One's PAX East coverage, so head over there and check it out and confirm it if you can.  I'm pretty sure the black planeswalker is Sorin, because of all the bats in the shot.

EDIT: During the interview, Spoony cuts to a screenshot of DotP, and the active card currently resolving in the screenshot is Go For the Throat, and it doesn't have the Mirrodin Besieged set symbol.  Not really indicative of anything, but reprinting Go For the Throat would be snazzy.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1027 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

Sorin and Gideon are confirmed for M12, yes.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 18, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

I hear it's Liliana and Garruk's turn for 2.0 versions next Block.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 18, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »

Hmm.  Interesting.

Tezzeret got an amazing 2.0 makeover this block, didn't he?

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

Hmm.  Interesting.

Jace got an amazing 2.0 makeover last block, didn't he?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:21 AM »

Oh, and one of my FNM buddies used a pretty good countermeasure against my Blightsteel Colossus/Shape Anew deck last week:

<Him> I play Tezzeret, turn him in to a 5/5 Artifact Creature.
<Me> ...Okay.
<Him> Then I swing with my Necropede.
<Me> I don't like poison counters...Block with Trinket Mage.
<Him> Necropede dies, and Blightsteel gets a -1/-1 counter.  He's a 4/4.

He got him down to a 1/1 before he killed him off with -1/-1 counters.  If I had gotten another Shape Anew, I would have dumped him back in to the deck and spat out another Blightsteel.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 19, 2011, 06:29:01 AM »

Have a logic puzzle!

Jim, AJ, Sam and Dana are playing EDH. Between them, they have all five colours in their decks.

Two of them are playing red.

Two of them are playing white.

One is playing blue, one is playing green, and one is playing black.

None of the decks have more than two colours.

Jim's deck has blue in it.

AJ's deck has only one colour in it.

Sam's deck is the only one with an allied colour pair.

WHO IS PLAYING WHAT COLOUR???

also, rules question: someone casts Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant with 40 life. Is it on the field as a creature long enough to Swords to Plowshares it?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 19, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »

Since I ran Rune-Tail in my life-gain deck, I might have some experience with it.

"When you have 30 or more life..." is the condition requirement for Rune-Tail to flip.  Immediately upon coming in to play, it would check for this status, and if it is true, then it would immediately flip.

On a related note, Serra Ascendant couldn't be, say, killed with a Grasp of Darkness on a first-turn EDH one-drop.  She would immediately become a 6/6 Flying Lifelink creature.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1034 on: March 19, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »

jim - blue & green
aj - white
sam - red & black
dana - white & red

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »

jim - blue & green
aj - white
sam - red & black
dana - white & red

Out of curiosity, how did you reach that conclusion, Zara?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »

Have a logic puzzle!

Jim, AJ, Sam and Dana are playing EDH. Between them, they have all five colours in their decks.

Two of them are playing red.

Two of them are playing white.

One is playing blue, one is playing green, and one is playing black.

None of the decks have more than two colours.

Jim's deck has blue in it.

AJ's deck has only one colour in it.

Sam's deck is the only one with an allied colour pair.

WHO IS PLAYING WHAT COLOUR???

also, rules question: someone casts Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant with 40 life. Is it on the field as a creature long enough to Swords to Plowshares it?

Lemme take a crack at this.

[spoiler]We have two reds, two whites, one blue, one green, and one black, among four players, and we know nobody is using more than two colors.  So we have one single-color deck and three two-color decks.  We know that AJ's deck is the single-color one, and that Jim's using blue, so AJ is either a red, a white, a green, or a black.  We know that Sam's deck is the only one with an allied color pair, which means that both Jim and Dana are using enemy color pairs - so Jim is either Blue/Green or Blue/Red; Sam is either Red/Green, Red/Black, or White/Green; and Dana is either Red/White or White/Black - all of Sam's solutions use up either the only Green or the only Black, so Dana can't be Green/Black.

From here, we play with it.  Two possibilities for Jim, let's see what happens if we assume he's Blue/Green.  That means nobody else can be Blue or Green, so Sam must be Red/Black, and since we don't have two Blacks, Dana must thus be Red/White.  This leaves AJ with mono-White.  Two Reds, two Whites, one Green, one Blue, and one Black.  So that's certainly a possible solution, but it's based on an assumption, so unless we can show that assuming otherwise is impossible, we can't say whether it's the only possible solution.

So, what if Jim isn't Blue/Green, and is instead Blue/Red?  Well, that tells us very little conclusively - his being Red doesn't rule out anyone else being Red, and we knew nobody else was Blue.  Dana could be Red/White, or could be White/Black - let's assume Red/White.  That's both Reds, so Sam must be White/Green, and that's both Whites.  That leaves AJ to be using Black.  Two Reds, two Whites, one Green, one Blue, one Black.  Another possible solution.

Go back a step, say Jim is Blue/Red and Dana is White/Black instead.  Now, we still can't conclude anything - Sam can't be Red/Black, but he could be either White/Green or Red/Green, leaving AJ with either the leftover Red or leftover White.  And these are all viable solutions.[/spoiler]

So, the answer is [spoiler]that there is not enough information presented to draw a conclusion.  Even if you assume that the "One is playing blue, one is playing green, and one is playing black" line means three different people, so no Blue/Green, Green/Black, or Blue/Black combinations, there would still be multiple possible solutions.  Unless the fact that they're playing EDH specifically, instead of just multiplayer Magic, imposes some kind of restriction - I don't know how EDH is played so if that rules out some of the possibilities, that would change the answer.[/spoiler]
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 19, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »

So, the answer is [spoiler]that there is not enough information presented to draw a conclusion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I was afraid of that. I didn't want to give too much away. The correct answer was Jim=Red/Blue, AJ=White, Sam=Green/Red, Dana=White/Black.[/spoiler]
 :nyoro~n:

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 19, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »

Now, for their Generals!

Jim: Jhoira
AJ: Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Sam: Boborygmos
Dana: Uh...