Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 110

Author Topic: MTG  (Read 153450 times)

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: MTG
« Reply #1420 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »

Reading the Australian article, it strikes me as almost assuredly an intentional troll for the purposes of getting traffic/money, yeah. Shrug. Meanwhile the Honey Badger is in Africa eating larvae and not giving a shit

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 30, 2011, 08:26:01 PM »

:glee:

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 31, 2011, 03:44:59 AM »

...Kinda lackluster, but I dunno.  The + ability is sort of a steep cost, but this, I think, captures the idea of a black planeswalker.  Her power comes cheaply, but at a steep price (forcing your own discard).

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1423 on: August 31, 2011, 04:12:52 AM »

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 31, 2011, 04:45:53 AM »

...Kinda lackluster, but I dunno.  The + ability is sort of a steep cost, but this, I think, captures the idea of a black planeswalker.  Her power comes cheaply, but at a steep price (forcing your own discard).

Yeah, I was nerdraging that red gets blueballed on a 3cc planeswalker, but black gets this.

She's maybe a niche card, but yeah unless there's a deck that can use her first ability well, she's not going anywhere. Oh well, that's that much less we have to see that eyesore art (did we talk about that on these boards or was that only elsewhere?).

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1425 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:59 AM »

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Perhaps the same could be said of ALL religions....
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 31, 2011, 05:28:16 AM »

Hellooooooo dredge/madness enabler!

Yeah, I was nerdraging that red gets blueballed on a 3cc planeswalker, but black gets this.

She's maybe a niche card, but yeah unless there's a deck that can use her first ability well, she's not going anywhere. Oh well, that's that much less we have to see that eyesore art (did we talk about that on these boards or was that only elsewhere?).
:oic: And what's your issue with the art?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 31, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

It's terrible? Steve Argyle is a great artist and has done several really nice Lilliana pics. Only this is easily the worst of them. It's stiff, the anatomy is bizarrely off, she looks like she's made of plastic, and the colours are generally bad. It's just way below his normal skill level.

Larger size version can be seen here

This pic looks like something a biker would get tattooed on his back. I don't know, maybe Steve was just trying too hard.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

Or maybe he was just setting himself up to do some amazing art modifications.  Like Glissa The Traitor Riding a Shark.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 31, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »

Well, women riding chrome sharks ARE a Boris Vallejo fantasy art classic.

Haha I'm not actually kidding. Boris is/was fucking nuts.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 31, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »

Soooo... does that mean you'd part with the card at a reduced price on general principle?

:whoops:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 31, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »

Weeelll we opened 2 to 2.5 boxes of M12 and managed to not get a single new walker at all. And that's about the usual luck for us. So I guess what I'm trying to say is the laws of fate will take the decision out of my hands anyway fuck you!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

The set is the best set in years, I swear.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »

Are there many blue zombies?
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 31, 2011, 09:43:47 PM »

There will be some in this set.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1436 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

Are there many blue zombies?

Although it isn't strictly a tribal set, Innistrad block will have a tribal component. It's been explained that werewolves are in green and red, vampires are in red and black, zombies are in black and blue (black as "traditional" zombies, with blue being Frankensteinian products of mad science), and ghosts ("geists") are in blue and white. Humans are in all the colors, but they're mainly in white and green.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 01, 2011, 03:38:12 AM »

I'm excited for this set, even though I have no money and am still, ah, "butthurt" about how the last set was all about who could buy the most Jaces.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 01, 2011, 03:39:31 AM »

YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY, BRAH.

(just kidding.  Combo winter suuuuuucked.)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 01, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »

Jeeeeezis

Quote from: B-bot
it's probably the most complicated card made in the past 10 years
or ever maybe
Quote from: FMM
I'm gonna agree with this.  Even shit like Ice Cauldron was easy enough to understand; not that Garruk is hard to process, but he just does so goddamn much. He has two full text boxes, with small text, and that's not to mention that planeswalkers themselves have a lot of rules associated with them, as do transform cards.  Gah, what a nightmare!
i'd love to go back in time to the beginning of magic and show people this fucking card lol
Quote from: KCW
so it's the first planeswalker to ever have a non-loyalty-related ability, it's the first planeswalker with five abilities, it's the only non-creature that transforms (that we know of), it's the only card that can only transform one direction (that we know of), it's the only multicolor (that is, "gold") card ever to not have one of its colors in the mana cost or text, it creates two different tokens that have the same creature type but different p/t and one has an ability, it has an implementation of a newly-keyworded ability but works differently and doesn't use the keyword, and it has more sentences than ice cauldron.

fuck this card

In the last post, KCW's wrong about the one-way translations (the blue test subject that turnes into a 13/13 abomination is also one-way), but I can't fault the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 110