Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

How do you access the WFE?

Bookmark.
- 46 (51.7%)
Google (page rank!).
- 2 (2.2%)
worstforumsever.com into address bar.
- 7 (7.9%)
sharkey.gamespite.net into address bar.
- 19 (21.3%)
Wait we're not at either of those addresses any more.
- 15 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 74

Author Topic: State of the Worst  (Read 119597 times)

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Worst
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »

Over 9000!!???!?!

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »

:over9000:

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »

Alright, fixed the profile view thing, and on Niku's request, reset everyone back to zero.

Except like, Stush, and me.
You would destroy a man's self worth with the flick of a wrist?

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »

I WOULD DESTROY A MAN'S SELF WORTH WITH ONE DALEK

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

Friday batted that one outta left field.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »

I'm not sure if I miss have +42/-3 to most other people's +0/-1.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »

Because nobody likes me.

[Karma] +5/-0

I see how it is. Going after the sympathy vote.

I'm on to you.

Between the time you read that and the time you posted, it went up to +7/-0  :lol:

By the time I saw this, it was down to zero.  ::(:

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 21, 2010, 05:53:02 AM »

It seems every time I want to post something this week it's a videogame that I'm playing, has been out too long to reasonably get it's own thread, and the thread we do that in is closed.

Every time we kill a catch-all thread I want to post here a little less. When I have to make a choice between starting an entire thread to post a one paragraph complaint about how fucking shitty darksiders level design is, or just not post at all, I'm pretty much always going to pick option B. I have spoken to a few other people on the boards about this and have seen nothing but agreement.

:tldr:  - can we please have the videogame babble thread back? and can we please stop killing catch all threads because one mod does not fucking like them?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »

:scruffy:

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 21, 2010, 06:51:57 AM »

I think we just need a thread for when we're playing older or more niche games that don't really necessitate a thread. I was playing Jade Empire a little while ago, and I kind of wanted to talk about it a little.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

Yeah. I like catch alls when used properly.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2010, 06:59:38 AM »

Truly the only solution to not having one dump thread is to make millions of threads with several posts in it. Just make a thread.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »

If you want to talk about a game that you know will not facilitate discussion, why bother?  This isn't your personal blog.  If you're entertaining enough to make people want to read your complaints about old video games, people will follow your blog.

Truly the only solution to not having one dump thread is to make millions of threads with several posts in it. Just make a thread.

Or you can do this.  I don't know what this phobia is about creating topics that could possibly not get replies.  I've never seen a topic be closed because the subject matter was "too old".  If your real concern is that "no one has played this and has nothing to contribute to the discussion", then read my first paragraph.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »

If you want to talk about a game that you know will not facilitate discussion, why bother?  This isn't your personal blog.

:pimp:

I agree with the status quo. Make a new thread. For older games, you could maybe make a topic or genre thread: "Adventures in Adventure Games" or "Kayma Kidd goes to Master System Land" etc.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2010, 07:45:40 AM »

If you want to talk about a game that you know will not facilitate discussion, why bother?

But it might facilitate a discussion. I mean, check it out: 18 pages of discussion from a single, passive remark. Then again, it might not. That's the wonderful thing about dump threads: real conversation develops when interest is real.

I mean, if you don't mind hundreds of useless threads that never go anywhere, then we might as well unban SoraCross and let him talk about BlazBlue and Record of Agarest War.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »

I mean, if you don't mind hundreds of useless threads that never go anywhere, then we might as well unban SoraCross and let him talk about BlazBlue and Record of Agarest War.

I don't mind them, and SoraCross was not banned for making them.  I don't see why people are so scared of a problem that doesn't exist.  Are people really so afraid of clutter?

I don't want to revert the changes made when people haven't even tried the alternative.

Anyway, this makes me want to post my Gamebabel idea again to see if anyone is interested.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »

the establishment does not want you having things you want
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

Having more threads is not a bad thing, but sometimes you can't make a thread about the generic jrpg you are playing on the DS at the moment. In that case, you could try to make a thread for DS games. You get to talk about how shitty the game you are playing is, and so can everyone else. If a game ever comes out that may warrant more than 5 posts of conversation, then you could make a thread for it.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 21, 2010, 08:19:18 AM »

You could have a catch-all thread and if you prefer making a new topic to post a one-sentence comment you can go right ahead?

I don't think historically the catch-all thread ever stopped dozens of other threads popping up.  Basically as it is we're just cock-blocking one posting style in an attempt to make the other seem more active.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »

Again, big thing worth pointing out here is that Catch-all threads exist, and as said before - with active moderation, we've seen branches of thought and interest spawn into their own threads. 

I'm For the motion myself.  One possible reason for us not making too many threads on a zillion concepts is that we're all introverted as all heck and really don't want to be the guy whose made all those threads that barely even get the lookover.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 74