Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Nosferatus vs. Lycanthropes IX point V: NOSFERATUS WIN  (Read 43548 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Nosferatus vs. Lycanthropes IX point V: Day 1
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »

... vote in a way that doesn't unnecessarily hasten the end of Day 1, and don't make light, flippant posts that make you look like you're avoiding scrutiny that was never on you in the first place.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

So is the theme of this game going to be that we've all got a team of mathematicians drumming up equations to point us in the right direction or what.

If you're suspicious of someone, call them the fuck out. Don't say "I'm suspicious of 5 people right now because of these factors I'm not telling anyone about." Not telling the town who is suspicious and why isn't a good way to help the town.

Yeah. You can have all this crazy math or follow your guts or whatever but just posting a bold name is the wrong way to go.
So while Newbie is all sorts of bad here, I'm throwing my vote for LaserBeing. You really shouldn't vote along with someone without seeing WHY they are voting, unless you happen to know what they are thinking because you are on the same team.

And before you all get in a tizzy that I didn't vote for Newbie, I'm curious to see where he goes with this.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »

I'm not. Newbie.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2012, 08:46:23 PM »

Envy still hasn't posted, and neither Envy, Friday, or McDohl have voted, unless I miscounted.

I have stopped attempting to track the "number of waffles" statistic as well as voting history, because 1. we have a ton of players, 2. my free time has dropped by an average of 6.5 hours per day over the last week, and 3. the thread itself serves as voting history, assuming no monkey business.

Meanwhile, Dizzy's vote-to-post ratio is looking a little high.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

Envy still hasn't posted, and neither Envy, Friday, or McDohl have voted, unless I miscounted.

I have stopped attempting to track the "number of waffles" statistic as well as voting history, because 1. we have a ton of players, 2. my free time has dropped by an average of 6.5 hours per day over the last week, and 3. the thread itself serves as voting history, assuming no monkey business.

Meanwhile, Dizzy's vote-to-post ratio is looking a little high.
Envy made one post, actually (page 2)
Unless I missed their vote when going through the thread, the people who have not yet voted are as follows:
Bleck
Envy
Friday
McDohl

You didnt ask, but the following people have made only one post thus far(again, unless i missed it. I am not perfect):
Bleck
Defenestration
Dizzy
Envy
Syl

Anything else you want to know?

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »

So while Newbie is all sorts of bad here

Really? By my count he's only one sort of bad; the aforementioned "single word vote" sort, which is really only a very basic metric of badness and is basically all ANYONE posted for the first three pages, except in most cases with some added pointless filler text about random number generators. Raising the charge to "all sorts" sounds more like you trying to paint a conclusion as foregone when it isn't.

You really shouldn't vote along with someone without seeing WHY they are voting, unless you happen to know what they are thinking because you are on the same team.

And before you all get in a tizzy that I didn't vote for Newbie, I'm curious to see where he goes with this.

So... are you accusing Newbie of being a wolfpire or not? On the one hand you're insinuating that he and I are in sinister cahoots, but on the other hand you think he might be on the level. Isn't your entire case against me based entirely on he and I being on the same team? Which is it, then?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »

I'm not. Newbie.
I wish to clarify, for the sake of outsiders who may not know, that Newbie is jsnlxndrlv and jsnlxndrlv is Newbie and they are the same person who goes by jsnlxndrlv but used to go by Newbie and some people still call him Newbie because that's a much easier name to deal with than jsnlxndrlv.

What I am trying to say is, I understood this vote, and so can you.

Since I'm posting anyway, here is the current vote tallies, despite the status of the poll:
LaserBeing: 4 votes
Dizzy: 2 votes
Friday: 2 votes
jsnlxndrlv: 2 votes
dtsund: 1 vote
Envy: 1 vote
Kayma: 1 vote
Lottel: 1 vote
Nickasummers: 1 vote
...but is it art?

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »

welp I'm going to bed, don't kill me plz

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »

I am so sorry LaserBeing but day one must die

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »

I've made two posts, actually. Three with this one. I never have anything to go off of in Day 1 unless it's handed it to me like last time. I'm just watching and chillin'.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »

I've made two posts, actually. Three with this one. I never have anything to go off of in Day 1 unless it's handed it to me like last time. I'm just watching and chillin'.
So you did! My bad. I shall update my records.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

There's more then enough people to vote for a lynch without me voting, which I then use to determine if they voted for him and he turns up inno there's more than likely a chance one of those people is a bat or dog. If they end up being evil then they are more than likely innocent.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

But if enough other people are thinking the same way as you, there won't be enough to vote for a lynch.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »

There's more then enough people to vote for a lynch without me voting, which I then use to determine if they voted for him and he turns up inno there's more than likely a chance one of those people is a bat or dog. If they end up being evil then they are more than likely innocent.

So are you saying that you don't want to help us find batdogs? You just want to sit back and watch us find them? You can do analysis and still vote.

Help the town or be hanged by the town. We've got batdogs to find and if you're just going to sit around and watch then you are part of the problem.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »

Batdogs?

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »

It's like a catdog but more sinister.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »

That's not very sinister at all. But we're getting away from the point. Envy, are actively and publicly acknowledging that you are distancing yourself from the Town? Are you capable of making a sane decision in these games *at all?*

I feel like I should do something else, but I can't vote for him any more than I already did...

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »

At first I was like, "Envy's being kinda dumb. That's commensurate with his usual play style."
Then I was like, "Wait, how does that make sense? AAAH! IT'S CONTAGIOUS!!"
Envy I can only hope that this drink will serve as an antiseptic against (permanent) stupidity.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »

Lets all lynch envy day 1 for saying something silly but not inherently wolfy. I mean, this happens almost every single game, but this time i bet he really is a wolf!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35