Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 15753 times)

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: One Piece
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »

Its great that Oda has enough skill as a writer to not make the end of the fight PAINFULLY FUCKING OBVIOUS.

if Tite kubo or Kishimoto were doing this, you'd see HURP DURP LUFFY USES HAKI AND WINS INSTANTLY coming from about 200 miles away. (also all the female characters would be entirely useless except for T&A)

Luffy will use Haki in some way or another in this fight, but it wont be some "OOPS I WROTE MYSELF INTO A CORNER, GOTTA GODMODE THE MAIN CHARACTER" bullshit.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »

[spoiler]Considering all the ways this fight could go, how could anyone see anything coming?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Hell, this entire arc originally began because in a shonen manga, the main character was entirely outclassed and defeated legitimately. And not by his retarded rival, of all things.[/spoiler]

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »

I'm fascinated by Oda's ability to make everything increasingly batshit, while at the same time completely believable in context.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »

episode 418
[spoiler]LOL BOA'S DELUSIONS.
DAMN YOU CENSOR CLOUD
oh god gentleman franky[/spoiler]

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2009, 11:27:58 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing [spoiler]how each strawhat powers up during the Seperation arcs. Luffy, obviously, learns about his overwhelming haki, Nami gets stuck on Weatheria and has already upgraded her weapon's capabilities with the Wind Knot, and Franky the cyborg gets all of Vegapunk's old toys. It's pretty obvious that Bartholomew Kuma is pretty well on the Strawhats' side, seeing as how he not only saved all of them, but sent each of them somewhere where they're going to grow more powerful.[/spoiler]

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2009, 01:07:23 AM »

You're all aware that as far as the manga is concerned, those are just going to be front page side tales, but in the anime they're going to server as the next round of filler content, but outlined by Oda. I'm actually excited to watch an anime based on a manga I am currently reading, which is just unprecedented.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »

Right, reft, right, reft, right, reft, right ,reft.

I love Franky

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »

Holy shit on a shit sandwich: the latest chapter of One Piece. There may only be 12 pages, but damn, there's more story in just that than there is in 50 chapters of Bleach.

[spoiler]There's no way the Revolutionary Army won't show up now, I think. There's just too much opportunity to fuck up the world order. Sengoku announcing the identity of Luffy's father all but guarantees it at this point.[/spoiler]

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »

[spoiler] Could Kuma be a mole? it would explain some of his actions [/spoiler]

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »

[spoiler]Wouldn't that theory mean that there was a positive, unambiguously Christian role model in Japanese media? It must be crap.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2009, 11:48:23 PM »

[spoiler]I love how Luffy makes friends with Whitebeard in zero seconds flat. To the point that he tells one of his subordinates that he wants Luffy to survive. Luffy, true bro to people he has even met before[/spoiler].

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »

Episode 419 is up.

Don't do it Sanji! It's a trap!

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »

Chapter 559 is up.

[spoiler]Well, looks like Luffy can't count on ol' Kuma for support anymore. Ten bucks says Doflamingo is the one pulling the body's strings. Also: I'm still convinced Doflamingo's power involves creating invisible threads.[/spoiler]

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »

Chapter 559 is up.

[spoiler]Well, looks like Luffy can't count on ol' Kuma for support anymore. Ten bucks says Doflamingo is the one pulling the body's strings. Also: I'm still convinced Doflamingo's power involves creating invisible threads.[/spoiler]
I just assumed that the kuma fighting was a [spoiler]pacifista rather than the corpse of Kuma being controlled like a puppet [/spoiler]

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2009, 09:08:50 AM »

Except [spoiler]he used his devil ability against Oars Jr[/spoiler].

Also, still thinking that [spoiler]Hancock's secret is gonna spill, more now than ever[/spoiler].

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2009, 09:35:12 AM »

Except [spoiler]he used his devil ability against Oars Jr[/spoiler].

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/08/
But didn't one of the [spoiler]pacifistas use someone else's df abilities? It could be like an upgraded pacifista using Kuma's df abilities[/spoiler] 

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2009, 09:41:26 AM »

[spoiler]It's entirely possible that Don Fla is just being a huge dick and drumming up Kuma's cyborging for drama. I.e. a turn of phrase, like "after the transformation, the man you knew is dead." We really don't know anything of what led Kuma to become a Cyborg, and the last guy we saw, Franky, did it to avoid bleeding out in a junkyard.

also man if half of these fights keep going we are going to be in BATTLE HEAVEN when the anime catchs up. Moria vs Jimbei? Hancock vs Smoker?!

also the Hancock moment was so adorable + awesome

also also FUCK YEAH CAPTAIN BUGGY and mega-lols Whitebeard.[/spoiler]

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2009, 01:17:43 AM »

560 is up on mangafox

[spoiler]aw man i was hoping buggy would fight milhawk, also GODDAMN IT ANOTHER WEEK BREAK? [/spoiler]

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2009, 02:54:20 AM »

And all of the negima fans are like, "Oh, your author is taking a week break for the second time in a month? Well, lucky it's not a regular thing then, bitches. We usually only get an installment every other issue. You needy whores."

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »

Chapter 561. Totally worth the wait a thousand times over.

[spoiler]As of Page 7 it seems like Zorro still might not be strong enough to best Mihawk. Damn, dude.[/spoiler]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12