Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Kazz's 360  (Read 7753 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: Kazz's 360
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2009, 07:47:12 AM »

Return Armored Core 4 to the store unopened, now.

Giant complex robots you can customize, except if you make a mistake you cannot go back a menu.

You are penalized if your mission takes longer than roughly 3 minutes.

Missions that require you to manuever in the air, only air controls are totally shit.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2009, 07:49:41 AM »

the newer one is better i hear.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »

ok, returned.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

Return Armored Core 4 to the store unopened, now.

Giant complex robots you can customize, except if you make a mistake you cannot go back a menu.

You are penalized if your mission takes longer than roughly 3 minutes.

Missions that require you to manuever in the air, only air controls are totally shit.

Get Armored Core for Answer instead.  It's pretty much the opposite of 4 in every single way.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »

Need XBLA advice.  Got 800 points to blow (don't want to buy any more right now, spent too much already) and I want something I can hop onto LIVE with.  Prefer something actiony because there's no decent strategy games really.  Was considering "Commanders: Attack!" but it looks like an oversimplified Advance Wars.  If all else fails I'm probably getting Catan.

Any recommendations?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, maybe? (assuming that it is 800 points). Lumines is all sorts of fun.

Or, hey, just download a few episodes of Gurren Lagann or something.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »

Need XBLA advice.  Got 800 points to blow (don't want to buy any more right now, spent too much already) and I want something I can hop onto LIVE with.  Prefer something actiony because there's no decent strategy games really.  Was considering "Commanders: Attack!" but it looks like an oversimplified Advance Wars.  If all else fails I'm probably getting Catan.

Any recommendations?

Have you gotten Doom yet?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »

You should get Uno.

...what? I love Uno.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »

SotN is tempting, haven't played it.  re Gurren Lagann, I'm not downloading anything I can Obtain Legitimately on the internet.  Lumines isn't all sorts of fun, it's one sort of fun over and over.  Not interested.  Doom is stupid and UNO is a game that you have to convince yourself is fun.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »

You should get Uno.

...what? I love Uno.
High five.
...but is it art?

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

SotN is tempting, haven't played it.

PLAAAAY IIIIIIT

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2009, 03:50:15 PM »

i think you're an awesome guy, noro, and i'd love to take your opinion seriously, but I saw the true face of madness back in the Spelunky thread.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

well in the interest of full disclosure that controller had already had a cabinet dropped on it so it's not like the seam was in great health and popping it back in place wasn't a big chore

i like to overstate things because it makes me feel better about my inability to slap derek yu on the back of the head for making his game so frustrating

but really SOTN is pretty much the best thing IGA ever made and it's fun to play through it, then any castlevania since SOTN's release and watch the process of him trying to bottle lightning a second time

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »

i'm picturing you, glowering at your controller, hefting a cabinet overhead and smashing it down on your gamepad

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »

I liked Aria of Sorrow better.

But yeah, totally play Symphony.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »

well in the interest of full disclosure that controller had already had a cabinet dropped on it so it's not like the seam was in great health and popping it back in place wasn't a big chore

i like to overstate things because it makes me feel better about my inability to slap derek yu on the back of the head for making his game so frustrating

but really SOTN is pretty much the best thing IGA ever made and it's fun to play through it, then any castlevania since SOTN's release and watch the process of him trying to bottle lightning a second time
this lie only works on people who have never played a game in which you were heard over ventrilo.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

I think Castlevania:SotN is a pretty cool guy. eh was the only truely great example of 2d platformers ever evolving into anything good for a long time and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also, the 2.5d graphic effects in places like the castle's chapel were really cool at the time although they have since been outdone (even earlier games in the arcade had cooler effects, like Gunlock).

But SotN is also the only castlevania with an open map where I really liked every area in the castle because they were all something cool that seemed like it should be a part of Drac's Castle.

My only problem with it as a game, is the fact that Orlock was never used as a reoccuring mid boss for other chapters in the series like Death always is. At least Granfalloon found extended life in the form of the Legion. I wish he had kept his old name though, as the definition of it is awesome.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »

Pac-man Championship Edition is great as is Bionic Commando.

and remember, EVERY ARCADE GAME HAS A DEMO.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 07:03:11 PM »

yeah i'm getting lots of trials.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

I'm going to second everyone else playing SotN. It is overhyped... but only slightly. It's pretty much the best Castlevania that ever was. Aria was pretty good too though.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5