Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Mother  (Read 23644 times)

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Mother
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »

I'm going to play another Mother game. Should I play 1 or 2? I already beat 3 and LOVED it, If I play 1 I'm gonna easy-patch it. Also, should I do a fan translation, or go with the US version?

I don't think the game ever had a fan translation.  Once the official version was found, there was no point.  I could be wrong, but the Nintendo translation is good enough.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »

Play Mother 1 with the easy patch on an emulator with frameskip, if you just wanna see the sights.

p.s. que fuck?
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2009, 02:15:52 AM »

The following is the entire story of Mother 1. Don't play it, the tech limitations of the NES hamper it, and there are a few game-breaking glitches that may pop up.

[spoiler]Ninten woke up one day with his house attacking him. He defeated them, then found his Great Grandfather's Diary, who said that he was a destined child. He found part of an old melody in a music box. He found another part from a bird in a cemetary.
Ninten then came across the magical land of Magicant, where he was welcome. There, Queen Mary told him to find all 8 parts of the melody, because she couldn't sing it, and wanted to hear it again.
He found a third part of the melody from a singing monkey.
He came across a nerd everyone picked on called Lloyd, whom he made friends with.
He came across a girl called Ann who simply knew it was her destiny to travel with Ninten. The trio found the fourth melody in a piano in a haunted house. They found the fifth melody in a cactus in the desert. The sixth melody was given to them by a dragon in Magicant.
They traveled to the city of Ellay where they beat down a gang called the BBs, and their boss, Teddy, asked to travel with them to avenge his parents, whom were murdered. Teddy told Lloyd to take a break, he'd take over for him.
In the city of Youngstown, children everywhere beg and plead for you to get their moms and dads back, who are being held at Mt Itoi.
At Mt Itoi, you are assaulted by a gigantic robot. Lloyd comes with a tank and saves you. Teddy is wounded, so Lloyd takes his place.
You go to the lake on Mt Itoi, where you find your great grandfather's lab, and a robot named EVE who is sworn to protect you.
You climd Mt Itoi where the robot from earlier attacks you. It destroys EVE, but EVE's explosion kills it. EVE gives you the seventh melody, it's mission fufilled.
The 8th Melody is given to you from a strange stone that has "XX" carved in it that speaks telepathically to you. You return to Magicant and sing the melody to Queen Mary.
Queen Mary is your Great Grandmother, who begins sobbing, saying that Giegue is behind the whole mess, and that she raised Giegue when it was a child.
Magicant dissolves. It was nothing more than an illusion held together by the ghost of your Great Grandmother Mary.
You return to the XX Stone, which is revealed to be your Great Grandfather's gravestone. It was him who spoke to you earlier.
You go foward to confront Giegue, who attacks you in an incomprehensible nature. He says he will wipe out all of humanity, and then offers Ninten a place in his ship, spared from the slaughter. Ninten refuses.
You sing the melody to Giegue, forcing him to retreat as he can't reconcile the pleasant memories of his 'youth' with the desire to kill everyone. He swears to return one day.

Giygas is Giegue after he has lost what little humanity remains in him.[/spoiler]

Cyan Prime

• a little queer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »

Oksy, I  played throught the biginning on my PSP and there wern't any crows when I left to find Picky, but on my PC there was some, and it seemed like there were more enemies. How many crows show up in the outside of the house (right outside, where you can still see the house) in hard-type? Is it really more than one? cause there was only one in my play through, and zero in my first play through.  :wat:

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »

Cyan Prime

• a little queer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »

tried it. seen no change. can someone send me a emulator and rom confermed to work?

Cyan Prime

• a little queer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

In return Piggy Guys/Husle for Pride remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAS3mo6SpI

Cyan Prime

• a little queer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2009, 09:21:29 PM »

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

Those are good albums.

Buy them.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »

Good Albums that don't include Natural Killer Cyborg Theme and [spoiler]Final Boss Porky Theme[/spoiler]

nice try general greivous

Cyan Prime

• a little queer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »

Natural Killer Cyborg
0:53-0:60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »

Play Mother 1 with the easy patch on an emulator with frameskip, if you just wanna see the sights.

p.s. que fuck?

when did Gigue get turned into some kind of shitty Mewtwo

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »

Right about the Mother final boss fight.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »

I'd hit it.

[spoiler]With a baseball bat.[/spoiler]

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

The following is the entire story of Mother 1. Don't play it, the tech limitations of the NES hamper it, and there are a few game-breaking glitches that may pop up.

[spoiler]Ninten woke up one day with his house attacking him. He defeated them, then found his Great Grandfather's Diary, who said that he was a destined child. He found part of an old melody in a music box. He found another part from a bird in a cemetary.
Ninten then came across the magical land of Magicant, where he was welcome. There, Queen Mary told him to find all 8 parts of the melody, because she couldn't sing it, and wanted to hear it again.
He found a third part of the melody from a singing monkey.
He came across a nerd everyone picked on called Lloyd, whom he made friends with.
He came across a girl called Ann who simply knew it was her destiny to travel with Ninten. The trio found the fourth melody in a piano in a haunted house. They found the fifth melody in a cactus in the desert. The sixth melody was given to them by a dragon in Magicant.
They traveled to the city of Ellay where they beat down a gang called the BBs, and their boss, Teddy, asked to travel with them to avenge his parents, whom were murdered. Teddy told Lloyd to take a break, he'd take over for him.
In the city of Youngstown, children everywhere beg and plead for you to get their moms and dads back, who are being held at Mt Itoi.
At Mt Itoi, you are assaulted by a gigantic robot. Lloyd comes with a tank and saves you. Teddy is wounded, so Lloyd takes his place.
You go to the lake on Mt Itoi, where you find your great grandfather's lab, and a robot named EVE who is sworn to protect you.
You climd Mt Itoi where the robot from earlier attacks you. It destroys EVE, but EVE's explosion kills it. EVE gives you the seventh melody, it's mission fufilled.
The 8th Melody is given to you from a strange stone that has "XX" carved in it that speaks telepathically to you. You return to Magicant and sing the melody to Queen Mary.
Queen Mary is your Great Grandmother, who begins sobbing, saying that Giegue is behind the whole mess, and that she raised Giegue when it was a child.
Magicant dissolves. It was nothing more than an illusion held together by the ghost of your Great Grandmother Mary.
You return to the XX Stone, which is revealed to be your Great Grandfather's gravestone. It was him who spoke to you earlier.
You go foward to confront Giegue, who attacks you in an incomprehensible nature. He says he will wipe out all of humanity, and then offers Ninten a place in his ship, spared from the slaughter. Ninten refuses.
You sing the melody to Giegue, forcing him to retreat as he can't reconcile the pleasant memories of his 'youth' with the desire to kill everyone. He swears to return one day.

Giygas is Giegue after he has lost what little humanity remains in him.[/spoiler]

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

What did you think Gigue looked like before?

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

Just wait until Tomato releases his SNES Mother 1 hack.

I mean, you're not in a hurry, are you?

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »

What did you think Gigue looked like before?

the other fanart I've seen had it as more of a bluish spade-eared thing, but now that I've seen the actual sprite, that could be fucking anything.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »

oh morphine

yes of course pokey was protecting giygas because of all the HOT BUTTSEX THEY HAD

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »

Porky was just a dick who was self-centeredness/greed incarnate.  He wasn't protecting Gygas, he was protecting himself from Gygas by helping Gygas kill everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13