Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: GOP Will Eat Itself  (Read 60405 times)

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Will Eat Itself
« Reply #600 on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »

So, I friended a friend of mine's mother on Facebook because I felt kinda bad (she's a bit of a hermit), and every day, without fail, she will share something from a Facebook hyperconservative ragefurnace, usually either a Las Vegas housewife who posts third-hand artifact-laden jpgs about Obama, or a limp-dicked tea party insurgency group that waffles between full-on vowing to murder authority figures and desperately asserting that they are a non-violent group.

After reading the comments, I decided to start a tumblr for some of the better ones.

Enjoy!

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #601 on: November 14, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »

Talking of the GOP eating itself, I heard news the other day that deep-pocketed donors are looking to start financing primary challenges of Tea Party House Republicans.

I can't really bring myself to root for moneyed interests buying elections OR for good old-fashioned grassroots democracy putting crazy people in office to defund the government.  But it does seem to fit the thread title.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 19, 2013, 04:05:46 AM »

Quote from: ewie
This is a pretty fitting coda to the Ron Paul OVERlution

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cb5_1372379074#mgobZQCerkfrRIt7.01

Anonymous Hacks Neo-Nazis, Finds Ron Paul

Well this just got interesting.

The hacktivist collective Anonymous set out to take down the white supremacist American Third Party (A3P) in what they called “Operation Blitzkrieg” but they may have done much more. In a document dump that includes private forum messages, emails, organization notes another other information the group found numerous connections between Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul and A3P. According to the documents, all hosted here, Paul himself regularly met with many A3P members, engaged in conference calls with their board of directors and engaged in a “bridging tactic” between A3P and the Ron Paul Revolution. Other excerpts show A3P webmaster Jamie Kelso (whose email account was one hacked by the collective) coordinating meeting between Paul and other members of A3P such as corporate lawyer and chairman of the neo-Nazi group Paul. “I’m going to go to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) with Bill Johnson,” reads an email to an A3P member dated January 2011. “Bill and I will be meeting with Ron and Ran Paul. I have a teleconference call with Bill (and Ron Paul) tonight. Much more later. Things are starting to happen (thanks to folks like you).” In another passage, Kelso, a former Scientologist and account owner of other German Nazi forums, wrote: “I’ll be at CPAC from Feb. 9 to Feb. 12. I’ll send back reports to you from personal meetings with Ron Paul, newly-elected Senator Rand Paul and many others. It’ll be here on WhiteNewsNow, a place that is really starting to get interesting because of the presence of folks like you. Birds of a feather flock together, and we are really gathering some quality here.” Accusations of racism and ties to neo-Nazi interests have plagued Paul since the 1990s and have re-surfaced during this campaign. So far Paul has issued standard denials, claiming not to have been aware of the ties between his camp and the racist right and denied authorship of a series of racist newsletters, despite confirmation from his closest staff that Paul signed off on every detail.

So what’s Paul’s explanation now?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 19, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »

Not surprising. Here's a photo of Ron Paul with Stormfront, a white nationalist website, director Don Black.

Also look at that guy's son. Just try not to imagine his OKCupid profile.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 19, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »

Nothing says I'M A WINNER, LADIES! like the Fedora + mullet combo.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 19, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »

I think that might be a stetson, but I don't think this really detracts from your assertion.
Party in the back ladies?!?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 19, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »

Now that I look at it, it might even be a Tilley hat.

Which is possibly worse?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 19, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »

Are you sure he's not just a Mennonite?

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #608 on: November 19, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »

You mean he's not wearing a Guy Fawkes mask?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 19, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »

Most Mennonites I've heard of or have met are actually pretty open-minded folk when it comes to race and stuff.

So bite yer tongue.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 19, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »

Most Mennonites I've heard of or have met are actually pretty open-minded folk when it comes to race and stuff.

:joke:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 03, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2013, 04:54:35 AM »

Czechoslovakia's in trouble now.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »

So I know you're all hoping this Duck Dynasty story is a ridiculous aside that will be dropped from the media's face as soon as possible.

Here is why this won't happen.

Phil Robertson is exactly what the Tea Party was looking for - a self-made Americochristian that lifted himself by his bootstraps with the twin powers of guns and family. He's all the extreme right wanted with Joe the Plumber and somehow failed to achieve.

The fact he's a ridiculous man just adds to the cult feeling. If you don't understand Duck Dynasty, it's not because the whole thing is absurd in 21st century civilization, it's because you're not in the group and don't respect the core values that made it great.

I've long held guns are Pokemon for rednecks. Well, Duck Dynasty is My Little Pony for rednecks.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2013, 03:12:03 AM »

The whole thing is silly in the first place.

"TV station hires pet rednecks to star in a show about rednecks, are shocked, shocked when said rednecks turn out to, in fact, be rednecks."

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2013, 03:39:34 AM »

"TV station hires pet rednecks to star in a show about rednecks, are shocked, shocked when said rednecks turn out to, in fact, be rednecks."

Yeah, that's certainly the meme, but it's fucking stupid.  It's 2013.  Being a "redneck" doesn't excuse being a racist homophobe on a national stage.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2013, 03:45:09 AM »

When your personality is the product you're selling, you better make sure it's a product people will like.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2013, 04:01:08 AM »

Oh, people do like it. Just not the people you'd like to like it.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 22, 2013, 04:13:42 AM »

Yeah, that's certainly the meme, but it's fucking stupid.  It's 2013.  Being a "redneck" doesn't excuse being a racist homophobe on a national stage.

Right, but what the meme gets right is that the fault lies with A&E for giving these guys a national audience more so than it lies with irredeemable rednecks having irredeemable viewpoints.

No matter how amazing your society, there will always be idiots with stupid viewpoints. The point is to marginalize those views, not romanticize them publically.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32