Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Every Day They're Out There Remaking DuckTales  (Read 2160 times)

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Every Day They're Out There Remaking DuckTales
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »

All they really need to do with the cutscenes is, get this, when I push "skip cutscene," I don't want to be moved on to the next cutscene, I want to play the damn level...
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »

The cutscenes fucking rule, though, holy shit
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty hard to decide whether I like the gorgeous fucking hi-res sprites or the voiceovers by the reunited original cast better.

This really is one of those games where there is a raft of totally legitimate complaints that, in the scheme of things, really don't have much of an impact on my deep and abiding enjoyment of the thing.  Nostalgia's part of it, sure, but it's not JUST nostalgia.
Pages: 1 [2]