Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 40348 times)

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »

There's a bonfire that's much closer to the end, but there's still like three or four of those bear thing skellies and a few giants between you and the baby spawning pool.

If you're a rank two Chaos Servant, there's a respawning prowling demon that drops two demon titanite and 5k souls along the unlocked path to Lost Izalith.  for souls it's not as efficient as farming the forest chumps, but you can't get demon titanite anywhere else, and it's a guaranteed drop.

You can't teleport to any of the bonfires in that part of the world except to the one in Nito's chamber.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »

Oh, well that's true.  Gonna have to just man up, or get back to farming sewer rats.

Upcoming patch:

http://forums.demonssouls.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10422

Good times.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »

Nerd, if you go into the first tower or onto the second floor of the second tower they can't get to you and you can magic/arrow them to death. They also damage each other with their attacks if you get multiple aggroed on you in a tower.

I'll be pretty happy with easier matchmaking.

And yeah I guess you need it to leave but what the hell is the point of being able to warp to nito's bonfire?  You can also make 15k xp a pop without too much hassle by white phantoming the painting boss, who is really easy

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »

If you killed the black phantom Leeroy in that last stretch to Nito's cave, his armor is available in the cave proper, AFTER you beat Nito, leave, then return.  Kinda a dick move, but whatever.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »

how is it? I've found that a disappointing amount of the armor I find is just strictly worse than armors I already have. I guess this is less of a problem for players that don't ocd and look for every item in every area.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2011, 11:38:16 PM »

It's not too shabby, actually.  Decent weight-to-def. ratio, reasonable poise, rather high curse resist.  Looks pretty snazzy, too.  Helm can be pretty easily replaced though.  Also, requires twinklings to upgrade, so that can be an issue.

Beating Leeroy himself gives you his hammer and shield.  The hammer has the best scaling stats for any hammer, I think, but the demon great hammer probably still beats it out through raw damage.  Of better note is the shield, Sanctus, which is pretty decent on element resist but only has 95% physical block.  On the other hand, I believe it is the only source of passive regen, at a walloping 2hp/sec.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2011, 11:56:42 PM »

yeah I have the shield and hammer but it needs a ton of faith to wield properly

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:28 AM »

Being in human form affords you the chance to face several black phantoms who will first drop their weapons, and then, once the boss of the area is killed, their bodies will spawn somewhere with their armor on it. This also works for [spoiler]Yurt of Carim. If you let him kill the flame keeper at fire link shrine and loot the Black Eye Stone from her corpse you can take it to Anor Londo, where, when you reach the area outside Abbot and Costello's room will resonate, and allow you to invade his world as a blue vengeance phantom. After killing him and then the boss his corpse will appear on the top floor of the boss room, opposite the bonfire, near the windows, with all of his gear, including weapons, armor set, and badass ring[/spoiler]

Paladin Leeroy (yeaaahh) lets you play out any Garl Vinland fantasy you may have, with his giant, faith and strength scaling hammer. His whole set is perfect for a str/faith (vit and end go without saying) build. Go Sun-Bro and you can just be straight up Thor. NG+ Sun-Bros get to throw real god bolts.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »

Does being human do anything other than letting you summon or get invaded?

Also I have to backstab fucking everything to kill quickly

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »

Does being human do anything other than letting you summon or get invaded?

no

having a lot of humanity on hand (the stat, not the item) also makes your drop rate go up

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »

wait no, yes. it also makes you a bigger target for invasions from certain pacts iirc, and also makes vagrants more likely to appear in your game.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »

Dark Souls PS3 Sales
Dark Souls 360 Sales (Dark Souls was not released for 360 in japan.)

Xbox has approximately 1/4th the players of PS3. ::(:

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »

So if you open up the short cut to Lost Izalith using the Chaos Servants covenant, not only do you open a basically straight path over the lava, with no need to fight any giant bottom-half-of-a-dragons, but you also get a respawning titanite demon that drops two titanite every single time you kill it.

Also you don't have to fight the Lava Centipede unless you really want to (which as a pyromancer, I really don't. Technically, you don't even have to fight the big stray demon before him either, but that opens up a checkpoint that's, that's right, right next to the Chaos Servants bonfire. They also don't seem to mind that I've killed their progenitor. Good times. Oh, also in that hall are bugs that have a chance to drop a hat that acts as a passive lantern. So if you're having Tomb of Giants problems, there you go.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2011, 10:45:43 AM »

Kinda need his ring if you want to make chaos weapons, but otherwise he's not required.  And the hat is guaranteed to drop.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »

I really wish the multiplayer worked so I could invade some bitches.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »

Works fine for me. The only kind of invasion I have yet to encounter is the Gravelord, because no one bothers with it I suppose. Not sure if I've ever run into a Darkwraith. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

The most ridiculous combo for invasion I've seen so far is the slow aura spell combined with the fog ring to basically render you completely helpless. To top it off, the first guy also had Great Magic Shield cast, so he was invulnerable for the duration of the regrettably brief fight.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »

I'm a current gravelord and I'm going to do some experimenting tonight. I'm going to put my Gravelord sign in the chapel of the undead near the gargoyles and whatnot. However, as the mechanic is entirely transparent, I'm wondering if my first priority should be to hide it or put it near the enemies I would wish to be cloned and stronger. (If I hide it too well, it may be out of range of a monster to turn into a red monster)

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »

even better, there's a swap glitch that allows casting enchants on weapons it shouldn't, and so enhanced the stone sword's gravity aura also becomes a damage over time effect.  Hopefully that whole swap glitch ting will be fixed in the next patch.

RE: gravelord, you need to set it in an area that you haven't cleared the boss yet, or bitches can't invade you.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »

Oh. Forest of eternal pain it is then. (Thanks for the idea, Bal)

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »

So if you open up the short cut to Lost Izalith using the Chaos Servants covenant, not only do you open a basically straight path over the lava, with no need to fight any giant bottom-half-of-a-dragons, but you also get a respawning titanite demon that drops two titanite every single time you kill it.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter and learn more on how to open this shortcut.  I killed the titanite demon and saw the door, but had no way to open it.  Is this a feeding humanity to the Chaos Covenant witch thing?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33