Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 40351 times)

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »

30 humanity unlocks the path, apparently

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »

Yes, you have to join the covenant and give 30 total humanity to the chaos sister which will unlock the door, which is in the hall to the right of the stray demon's fog door in the Demon Ruins, and if you kill said demon the shortcut elevator is that disc right outside the chaos witch hidey hole, meaning a short run back, and the ability to warp there, because it's a covenant bonfire.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »

After some pretty solid testing: Gravelord's just doesn't work. The eyes put an effect on you (which only works in human form) which does some sort of indeterminate aura in the area you're in to summon stronger monsters in other people's games, I guess? But I've never had one give any kind of response. The effect is on, I'm watching it on my character right now - but nothing is happening.

Turns out the forest of griefing is a bad place to do it by the way. You have to be in HUMAN FORM in the INVASION PRONE FOREST.

:derp:

Yeah. Gravelord is definitely the "pick up to get the sword then leave it" covenant as far as I'm concerned. The eyes never worked once for me, and the mechanic is far too obtuse to be on something with limited uses that doubles as the currency for the covenant. The rewards are also pretty terrible.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

Yeah, the matchmaking makes pvp really annoying and confusing. I have no clue how to get any of it to actually work. I've been trying the darkmoon blade invasion stuff and it never catches anyone. Of course the one time I get summoned by wearing the ring, the dude I am invading has a white phantom, and while I am invading the dude and his helper, a black phantom also pops in. All of that shit going on in one instance, and I can never get any other multiplayer going.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »

Could you attack the Black Phantom? Because that's an obvious sinner right there.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »

It I spawned in front of the huge knights in the way of the boss fight in Anor Londo, and then I was pretty fucked 2v1, and then all of a sudden the white phantom runs past me and I see a black phantom attacking the white one. And then I start fighting the host. It was surreal as all hell. The white phantom had some sort of crazy fire sword and the host had a lightning weapon that knocked me out.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »

After some pretty solid testing: Gravelord's just doesn't work. The eyes put an effect on you (which only works in human form) which does some sort of indeterminate aura in the area you're in to summon stronger monsters in other people's games, I guess? But I've never had one give any kind of response. The effect is on, I'm watching it on my character right now - but nothing is happening.

Turns out the forest of griefing is a bad place to do it by the way. You have to be in HUMAN FORM in the INVASION PRONE FOREST.

:derp:

Yeah. Gravelord is definitely the "pick up to get the sword then leave it" covenant as far as I'm concerned. The eyes never worked once for me, and the mechanic is far too obtuse to be on something with limited uses that doubles as the currency for the covenant. The rewards are also pretty terrible.

As I understand it, gravelord just doesn't do enough to make it worth a target's while to invade you.  The effect is basically an overly complicated red soapstone, with all the limitations of that plus being a consumable that is also covenant currency.  Apparently, only one black phantom NPC is spawned in the target's area, for that matter.

On that note, if youtube is any indication, dragon covenant in the final area is the place for honorable combat.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

NG+ is a hell of a thing. Took out the Gaping Dragon, and it had to have had over 10k health at least. More than ever, one misstep means death.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »

Seems the best place for me to do some Darkmoon Justice is in the Anor Londo chapel. I keep finding people to fight with it more often than not. Also throwing on the darkmoon ring

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »

Did you get there again with New Guy or did you go back to your first character?

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »

The upcoming patch is going to nerf the gravity spell and fix matchmaking.

Where do I get more cracked red eyes?

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »

Well, Kaathe sells them, until you get the permanent invader stone from him, but that requires Dark Wraith, obviously. The rest seem to be looted from various locations in the world. I don't know if they can be farmed, but I can't find anything that indicates that you can.

I've been playing my NG+ character, and I've switched to full Black Knight mode. Black Knight Armor, Black Knight Greataxe, and Black Knight Shield. I look like a very well prepared grim reaper. It's really quite fabulous.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »

A +5 Black Knight Greataxe is in fact quite sweet, my first character sailed through the first run on one.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

Soon I will make Gwyn's Greatsword. It will probably underwhelm, but I don't care.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »

So the problem with the Xbox isn't just the small population. It's also the fact due to ultimately shitty netcode, you can't actually summon any of the few people you see.

This is dogshit.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »

I won't touch my remaining cracked eyes until they get shit sorted out
I used one for curse cures

Whoever decided that they are consumed regardless of if you actually invade is a dummy
Worse yet they aren't easily obtainable

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »

Unless you're a Darkwraith. Otherwise there are many other alternate/renewable methods of invasion. See, Demon's Souls style invasion is supposed to be the domain of the Darkwraiths.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »

Sorry if this is either extremely spoiler or extremely obvious to anyone playing the game: So is it implied that Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are set in the same world?

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »

No. They are just both really messed up places.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2011, 09:13:30 PM »

they have a fuckton of stuff in common, including characters and such, though. it's not "the same world" as much as it's like... FF-series style self-referentialism, i guess.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33