Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: Steam Deals  (Read 59025 times)

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Deals
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »

Champions Online: $6.79

:lol:
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 02:10:25 PM »

Gotta get Ghostbusters and the Introversion bundle pack.

Doesn't CO charge a monthly fee?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

THIS ISN'T FAIR TO PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »

Well yes but presumably there's a free month involved, which is enough to play everything in the game and get sick of it and quit.  It's a bad bad game.

I'm just amused because it hasn't even been out a full year yet.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

Tropico 3 Expansion, Bioshock 2, Insecticide, Overlord Pack, Ghostbusters: $38, barely more than half of what I can make in tips in a weekend.

EVERYTHING WENT BETTER THAN EXPECTED

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »

Doom: for the uninitiated, what are those games?
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »

MDK is an action-adventure platformer game in the third person: it's pretty frantic shooting action, primarily against alien foes and their death machines. The alien architecture is uniquely gorgeous and actually alien.

What makes it awesome is that it's just generally fun as hell: you have a machine gun and can fluidly strafe, you can spontaneously snipe with full miles away zoom, your jumps are augmented by an easy to deploy and really sleek parachute, and so on. It's also by the Earthworm Jim guys(Shiny?) so it's generally funny as hell. The first one is a bit primitive but solid.

... But the second MDK is a masterpiece. The humor and writing are ratcheted up and polished, there are two extra playable characters, the pacing and challenge is awesome, and I bet you lucky pussies can adjust the difficulty for the PC versions. It's gratifyingly hard and one of the most beautiful and tricky platformers I've ever played, the other two characters are fun as hell(Max is EVEN SHOOTIER, while they made Kurt a bit stealthier and sniper dependent to provide a nice mood back and forth. The Doctor's first level is kinda hard but his play-style is totally unique and he has the best and funniest writing)... and the boss fights.

Oh God.

The Boss Fights. They're so good. They're so robust. They're so fun.

MDK2 is one of my favorite games of all time and the finale is absolutely brilliant(you can choose which of the three to beat the game with and all 3 have a unique boss fight experience + stage + cinemas for it) and I can't recommend it enough.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »

I may just go for this, then.
...but is it art?

Lobst

• Apatosaur Dreamer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Chili Con Comrades
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »

Broken Sword 2 and 3 are mine for just over $3! I'd have bought MDK2 off the sale as well, but the GOG version is $1 more, DRM-free, and includes a series of swank extras, so I got it full-price from them instead.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »

Oh, bloody hell. You're right. I should've bought it there instead.
...but is it art?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

Jesus Footlocking Christ, of course this happens when my PS3 is like two days old and I'm saving up to move out of here.

I have no business buying anything off Steam right now.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

He said, filling his cart to the brim.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:37 PM »

Well I got Killing Floor because why the hell not, maybe somebody I know will want to play it, but man the servers are fucked up right now.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

My recommendations:

Introversion Complete pack for £5/$5, which includes Darwinia, Multiwinia, DEFCON and Uplink. Darwinia is a short but interesting god game set inside a virtual computer world, and Multiwinia is a sort of fast-paced wargame involving mobs of little doods. I haven't played the other two. Definitely a good deal at $5.

The original X-Com game, included in the Complete X-Com pack. Tense turn-based squad combat, and 4X-style management of research, production and finance. Aside from the dated graphics and interface, it's very good.

Mount & Blade Warband. The original Mount & Blade is a single-player real-time mediaeval combat game, and comes approved by Stush and Thor. You can raise a personal army, fight on horseback or on foot, and trade goods. Warband adds a multiplayer mode, new features, and improved graphics.

Stush quite likes Jagged Alliance 2. A friend who enjoys flight sims recommends IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »

He said, filling his cart to the brim.

Actually I didn't see a single thing I wanted except Indigo Prophecy, which I suspect is better to get somewhere else.

Telltale Pack is always tempting but the way it works means there's also always incentive to wait.

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

Rocket Knight is also pretty darn good at $7.50.  It doesn't have the patented Treasure wackiness of RKA, but it's a fun, solid platformer.  Well, as long as you don't play boring pussy-mode, anyway.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 08:13:25 PM »

If you like Heroes of Might and Magic and didn't pick up the King's Bounty games during the last sale, grab 'em this time around.  They might go up for a daily, who knows.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »

Hey, so is anybody else having trouble downloading games off of Steam? I bought the Fallout 1/2/tactics pack, but I can't seem to install them. Or any game demos, for that matter.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 08:34:55 PM »

Steam's servers are probably pretty busy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40