Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 40429 times)

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »

The ghosts don't drop souls either which is annoying because you need to do so much bullshit in order to actually kill them

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

You should have multi-tasked and killed them when you got cursed. :8D:

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »

Jesus christ, Anor Londo in fucking incredible.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »

Lost another 20,000 souls going through Sen's fortress.

And those Titanite golems in the basement are a bitch. They're actually not weak to lightning like they should be.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 03:49:02 PM »

So I just noticed that I've been playing this game for like twelve hours straight. I've killed four bosses that I can remember, not counting the Hydra, and I've just met Gwynevere and gotten the Lordvessel for limited fast travel. I made extensive use of white phantoms, because this shit is hard.

There's a whole world inside a painting that is a fraction the size of Blighttown, but a million times more horrible. At some point I got the entire Harvel the Rock set, including weapon and shield, but it's too heavy for me.

This shit is bananananas.

EDIT: Holy shit, I think I've gained access to the final boss. Wha-what the fuck do I do now? Fight him?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

I'm going to level with you all. I am seriously regretting getting the Xbox version. Yes, I understand you'd like to call me stupid for that, but I had hoped the game would have enough draw for enough people with xboxes to pick it up. It really doesn't, however. I can barely ever find a person to group up with and I've been invaded a grand total of 2 times. And that was in the ganking forest. Every one of my Blade of the dark Moon attempts fail, as does most looking for white symbols and red symbols. I guess I'm a little overleveled? But I'd expect to see something.

At this point I'm almost willing to do it all again. But that would involve getting my PS3 fixed and another copy of dark souls.
[spoiler]I'll still probably do it.[/spoiler]

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »

You wouldn't even see their signs if you were out of level range.  Have you got your xbox DMZ'd?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »

I've worked with people before. Had them join my game and I joined theirs. It's not a network issue. NAT is open and everything - it's an issue of population and numbers. I'm actually sitting here before the two bosses in Anor Londo with my white symbol down infront of the gate and nothing is happening. SL60, by the way.

6 minutes later: Oh hey I was finally summoned.

I was then focused down by the two NPCs and I was the first to die.
:imagination:

Edit2: Running around in human form now, summoned Knight Solaire and I restarted my modem and router just to make sure. There are officially no summon signs in this entire area of the zone.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:29 AM »

I think you're on the outer edge of the average level people reach that point.  Plus, like you said, 360 population isn't so great.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »

Anyone know where to get Ornstein's helm? Wiki said the vendor in the sewer, but that guy has been gone for a long time for me.

Oh, felt like randomly checking and apparently my forgiveness cost is 124k souls. Way of White -> Gravelord -> Way of White -> Darkmoon
:shrug:

To do:
-Find Ornstein's armor
-Kill Ceaseless Discharge [spoiler]probably not[/spoiler]
-Kill remaining Giant ontop of Sen's Forest
-Kill Remaining Demonic Titanite (Palace, 2x Sen's, Catacombs)
-ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE FOR THE DARKMOON COVENANT. Failing this, joining dragon covenant.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 01:26:58 AM »

If you're talking about the giant dropping boulders, don't bother.  He respawns and is only worth like 500 souls.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 04:43:48 AM »

False alarm, I still have at least three dungeons I can explore.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 06:02:07 AM »

Ziiro: There is a lot of conflicting reports about who you can play with at your level. Some people say around 10 levels +/- and Bandai is saying you have to be within 10% of someone else. And then aside from that the game puts you in lobbies that no one can understand right now that determines who you can play with. I have had moments where I saw about 10 soul signs outside of Sen's Fortress, and then 3 minutes later nothing. It is very inconsistent right now, and I think the bizarre system that is being used for multiplayer is to blame.

I am currently in Anor Londo at level 40, so you might be on the outside of what level people are at. I really wish the level requirement was like Demon's Souls, because that system was lenient and allowed you to play with people if you were a little over leveled.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

Ziiro: The sewer merchant moved to the underside of the bridge where the sacrifice ring is at fire link. You can safely get too and from that area by using the running leap to cross where the sword and board hollow is standing. He sells the Iron Golems body as armor, and the entire set of armor off of the spear knight. He might sell other stuff too.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »

I am currently in Anor Londo at level 40, so you might be on the outside of what level people are at. I really wish the level requirement was like Demon's Souls, because that system was lenient and allowed you to play with people if you were a little over leveled.

I was 55 when I went to Anor Londo, I believe? Or was it 51? I forget exactly. But yeah, there's a problem with the levels/zones and people joining up. Also the reason I'm consistently over leveled is because my distribution of stats is less than efficient in killing things. I trade off points in Strength and Endurance with a point in dex every couple levels.

"Fuck yeah, Ornstein's armor! It doesn't seem a lot heavier than my elite knight and it's just better! And cooler!"
Equip Load: 41.5/80.5
:rage:

Upon Further investigation: The armor has stats that seem around something like The Elite Knight +6 - +7 Area and it can't be upgraded. It also has higher lightning resist than usual as described.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »

Duke's Archives ain't nothin to fuck with. Toward the end there are Moonlight Butterflies as trash mobs. On the bright side, I found my fourth flame keeper soul.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »

Confirmed to transfer over to New Game+:
*All souls you have not yet spent.
l*All Equipment.
*All Upgrades to equipment.
*All consumables.
*All bosses souls (Obviously not Lord's Souls, but you cant beat the game without using them anyways.)
*All spells/miracles/pyromancies
*All upgrade resources (titanite for example.)
*Humanity, both the item in your inventory and the stat, carry over.
*Estus Flask level.
*All bonfires that have been previously stoked will still be at the level they were. I.E., if you reach a bonfire that you stoked to give you 10 Estus, it will still give you 10 estus in New Game+.
*Your covenant alignment carries over.
*Your Bottomless Box (cant remember actual name) and all of its contents carry over.

Things that do NOT carry over to New Game+.
*The Lordvassel. Duh. No warping to Anor Londo before beating the Taurus Demon!
*Your repair weapons/armor and upgrade benches. I honestly don't really get why this is the case since you meet the blacksmith that sells you these before you even get to the Gargoyles.
*Your sins! Thank goodness! If you sinned against a covenant in your first playthough, or killed or aggroed an NPC, you are automatically absolved at the beginning of New Game+!
*All key/quest related items. Obviously, so you'll have to find or buy all the keys and such again. Not too surprising. The one exception to this is, of course, the Master Key that Thieves get or that you can choose as your gift. That you get to keep.
*Any embers given to the blacksmiths will be forgotten. I don't know if they stay on your person if you didnt give them to the smiths before beating the game, if someone could check this that would be great!
*Human Form. You will revert to Hollow regardless of what form you beat the game as.
*Snuggly the Crow "Uses". In other words, if you gave Snuggly an item in your first run through, you can give her the same item again and she will reward you in New Game+.

As with all information about this game I'll say this probably isn't 100% accurate, but probably close enough.

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »

So, uh, lately I've been doing the Catacombs (have fun doing that without a holy weapon!) and Blightown (narrow walkways and lots of enemies that can easily knock you to your doom=lol). 

does the game get fun again

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »

THAT IS THE FUN. WHAT ARE YA, SOME KIND A' WOMAN CASUAL?

:hellamad:

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »

i went back to the tomb of giants and found another path down. i have passed the trunks of the trees that hold up the world and i have yet to stop. hammering in the deep...

I found the bottom. Nito was there. He took up his dread blade, cloaked himself in shadow, and destroyed me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33