Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Pretend That North Korea Is Fucking Scary  (Read 29683 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend That North Korea Is Fucking Scary
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2013, 03:56:46 AM »

TOO WHEEZY
PRAYDICK TABLE

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »

China to everybody: be cool.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »

Yeah, I mean, sheer volume means you can't discount them; they'll do some damage for sure. But expecting efficacy that rivals a competent professional modern army seems like a bad bet here.

FWIW, you don't need good efficacy when you have an army of 3 million infantry and six thousand tanks. I think SK would be in for a serious hurt if the North decided to roll out tomorrow. Seoul would fall overnight, though I think that the south could eventually draw them into a stalemate long enough for the US to land troops to reinforce them.

There's no ground war scenario based out of south korea that isn't a nightmare, though. Even if we are outgunning them ala Iraq, the NK army is fucking huge. Unreliable equipment and poorly fed soldiers don't mean much when you have 3 million of them and a good percentage think, literally, that their leader is God and the only reason he experiences suffering is the enemies he is fighting right now.

Does this scenario also assume that South Korea has no army and afterwards NK comes over to America and kicks our asses too?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »

Yeah, I mean, sheer volume means you can't discount them; they'll do some damage for sure. But expecting efficacy that rivals a competent professional modern army seems like a bad bet here.

FWIW, you don't need good efficacy when you have an army of 3 million infantry and six thousand tanks. I think SK would be in for a serious hurt if the North decided to roll out tomorrow. Seoul would fall overnight, though I think that the south could eventually draw them into a stalemate long enough for the US to land troops to reinforce them.

There's no ground war scenario based out of south korea that isn't a nightmare, though. Even if we are outgunning them ala Iraq, the NK army is fucking huge. Unreliable equipment and poorly fed soldiers don't mean much when you have 3 million of them and a good percentage think, literally, that their leader is God and the only reason he experiences suffering is the enemies he is fighting right now.

Does this scenario also assume that South Korea has no army and afterwards NK comes over to America and kicks our asses too?

though I think that the south could eventually draw them into a stalemate long enough for the US to land troops to reinforce them.

Mazian

• Lullaby Supermarket
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »

FWIW, you don't need good efficacy when you have an army of 3 million infantry and six thousand tanks.

[citation needed]?  Sources I can find agree on about 1.1 million active-duty North Korean military personnel -- all of them, not just infantry corps -- against about 720,000 South Korean and already deployed U.S. troops.  Combine the technical and training advantages of the South Koreans with the sixty years they've had to prepare defenses against ground invasion, and I think the North would need an awful lot of efficiency indeed.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »

China to everybody: be cool.

This makes me wonder what would the US reaction be if somehow Mexico started threatening China and Beijing sent naval forces in the eastern Pacific to protect hypothetical South American allies/interests. I'm not trying to make a clever point, just idly thinking about it.

Though I bet it wouldn't be "everybody be cool" for long. :whoops:

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »

FWIW, you don't need good efficacy when you have an army of 3 million infantry and six thousand tanks.

[citation needed]?  Sources I can find agree on about 1.1 million active-duty North Korean military personnel -- all of them, not just infantry corps -- against about 720,000 South Korean and already deployed U.S. troops.  Combine the technical and training advantages of the South Koreans with the sixty years they've had to prepare defenses against ground invasion, and I think the North would need an awful lot of efficiency indeed.

It seems I was misinformed on that number, yeah. Sorry! I don't remember where I read it.

With the numbers evened out a lot more, yeah, I do believe you're right.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2013, 07:52:05 AM »

Anybody noted the recent lawnmower job on KJ Um's uncle-in-law?

My first thought was "Guess he was on the losing end of the internal family power struggle". Well, turns out there may be a bit more to things than that: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/13/north-korean-blood-feud-is-richard-iii-with-nukes.html
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]