Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Priced To Move  (Read 10361 times)

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
Re: Priced To Move
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »

I ain't sellin' nothing but I've got three pairs of all leather size 12 chucks that I made custom on the converse website and that I can't wear to work so they're useless for me. If anyone wants them I'll send them to you for free. One pair is dark green, the other is kind of a browny tan and the last is red AND blue, pics if anyone is interested.

Silversong

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • silversong.pyoko.org
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »

I'd wear those, but I wear a boy's size 5 Converse. Don't you go anywhere outside of workshoes, Jox?

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »

No.

Silversong

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • silversong.pyoko.org
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:11 AM »

Hay guys, anybody want to sell me a GBA flash cart? Those things seem to have gotten hard to find and I want to play Mother 3 with the rhythm battles working. ;-;

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »

My sister is selling some lightly used* low-level professional photographer equipment, a graphical workstation and a camera specifically.  PM for details.

* Three months of use tops, she got sick shortly after upgrading her gear.  They've been sitting around for about a year though.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2013, 11:56:02 AM »

Upgrading my audio gear pretty much across the board, so I've got some redundant headsets to either stuff in my closet or ship off.  Choice is yours, scumbags.

One is spoken for, but the other one is a Monoprice 7.1 Dolby Digital Amplified Gaming Headset, if anyone wants that.  Lightly used but badly cared for, comes with DAC and I'll throw in an optical cable since I seem to have a mess of them for some reason.

Also my sister's stuff is still on the market.  It's a pretty hard sell, so if you know someone who might go for it, let em hear about it.  Thanks!

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »

I might know someone interested in that headset.  Whatcha looking for?
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »

Free obo basically, but preference given to Brontoids.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »

Ah, cool.  Well, if nobody else has interest, shoot me a line, I'm sure he's good for some dollars.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »

I would be very interested in a new headset with that warm-Brentai's-ears smell.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »

Not sure if there's a thread for "Anybody got a thing" rather than "Someone buy all my things", but uh

Hey, anybody got a digital camera they'd be willing to part with for R^2 money? Having the only camera worth anything be stuck on my wife's phone is causing some logistical problems with a project I'm trying to launch.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

I have a really old one. It's so old I wouldn't actually sell it to you, but I can just send it for the cost of shipping from Canada.

It's a *blows dust off* Kodak EasyShare CX7300.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »

I have a slightly newer Nikon Coolpix s200 for intranational shipping prices, but you'd also have to replace the missing charger.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »

Monoprice 7.1 Dolby Digital Amplified Gaming Headset

I legit spaced on this for a while, but it came to pass that I needed them as a fallback so I'll probably be keeping them around after all.  If for nothing else because I'm now reminded that they're actually kind of garbage.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2013, 06:34:02 AM »

Huh.  I've been pretty happy with their 5.1 speaker set.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

Considering flipping my Samsung Chromebook in favor of an Acer C720.  If I do decide to go that route, my family gets first crack, you guys get second, and I might try eBay if there's no interest from either corner.

It was refurbed by Best Buy, I've had it for less than two months and have treated it well (don't see any scratches or scuffs), and I paid $182.91 for it including tax.  I don't have original packaging as it didn't have any when I got it.

Perfectly serviceable as a Chromebook if that's your thing (in which case I can flash it back to factory, and either leave dev mode enabled or disable it, your choice).  Alternately, it runs Xubuntu just fine (and I'd be happy to give you a clean install of that, too, if you'd prefer).

Where I've been having trouble, and the reason I'm considering switching to a Celeron, is that Ubuntu on ARM just isn't as well-supported as I'd hoped.  Binary packages for emulators are surprisingly scarce (considering there have got to be dozens of different ARM ports of SNES9X for Android).  If you're comfortable typing "./configure && make" you should be able to get NES and Genesis emulation working okay, and DOSbox and ScummVM have binary packages.

But the big problem is I just flat-out have not been able to get hardware acceleration working with the graphics chip, and I've been trying for two months.  There are accounts of people getting it to work -- most of them are from last February, and are from one guy who has since left his job with Canonical and stopped using Ubuntu.  (And even the people who HAVE gotten it working say it's buggy and fbdev is better -- but I haven't been able to get Mali fbdev working, either, only the Mesa version, which isn't really any good.)

Now, I haven't tried EVERY possible option yet -- I'm currently going through ARM's own step-by-step instructions on how to get the Mali drivers to work; failing that, I guess the next thing I can try is rolling back to Ubuntu 12.10 or 12.04 so at least I'm using the same system as all these examples that say they got it to work.  Moving in the other direction, 13.10 should hopefully not be too far from an ARM release, and maybe it'll fix these issues -- but maybe it won't.

All this to say, if all you need is a machine that'll browse the Web, ChromeOS is fine for that.  If you want a fully-functional Ubuntu distribution, then this is perfectly good for simple day-to-day use.  And if you want to play simple, decades-old games, it'll handle that too -- it seems to run the likes of Phantasy Star 4 without a hitch (though I admit that's in a tiny window and I haven't tried fullscreen), and Wizardry 7 sputters a little in the opening video but is perfectly playable, and stuff that's actually running natively like Micropolis and ScummVM should run even better.  But if you want SNES or GBA emulation, or DOS games past the early '90's, you're going to have to figure out this graphics acceleration problem that I've been stuck on for the past two months.  I'm starting to think I'd be better off with an Acer, which means you probably would be too -- and they retail for the same amount new.  But if you don't need graphics acceleration, this is a Samsung Chromebook in Like New condition for about $80 less than you'd pay for a new one.

Oh, and purportedly Flash runs fine in ChromeOS and you can make it run in a Chrome browser under Xubuntu if you copy the libraries over from the ChromeOS partition.  I haven't tried.  Haven't tried 720p video either -- again, that should work fine in ChromeOS but might sputter a bit in Xubuntu without hardware acceleration.  If anyone's interested I can fire some up and let you know how it looks.

If anyone's interested I can figure out shipping; ballpark is probably around $10.  I worked in warehouses shipping computers for 3 years of my life so I know my way around bubble wrap and packing tape.

Or if anyone already owns one and has figured out this damn graphics issue, I'd be happy to hear some suggestions in that direction, too.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2013, 03:27:36 AM »

Selling a PC CD Key for Final Fantasy 14. $15.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]