Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Street Fighter 4.  (Read 44620 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter 4.
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 05:40:45 AM »

I was sold on Makoto being in this game.

I hope her supers are as dramatic as they were in SFIII.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »

Hakan looks like the best character ever, though I'll probably be trying to rock Makoto or Dee-Jay. Though I'll probably end up just using more Ryu.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »

Staying classy and using dudley.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

Chun Li: Ultra 2 gets all 20 hits every time, if it whiffs for a while and you get hit by the very end of it, you still take the full damage.
 :jizz:

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »

I'm really glad that Ryu's new ultra is basically his version of Gouken's original one. I'm very sad that Gouken's new Ultra is his version of Ryu's original one. I'm sorry but a big fire ball is not cool. I understand the need for projectile ultras, but why can't they be cool like say Gouken knocks them into the other wall with two of his one handed fireballs, pins them up against it with his dragon punch motion move and then hits them in the chin with his second hit of his EX version of that move.

I think that Ibuki is basically going to be the non-Sagat Ryu counter if there is one.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »

why don't you go work for blizzard then

if you're so smart

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »

The thing with ibuki is that her kunai does not cancel fireballs.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »

Cammy's second ultra appears to be poopy.

DAN ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT VIABLE?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wowG-pr71y8

This blows every other preorder bonus I've ever seen out of the water.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »

The ranks of players increase, but I can only do so much to help people along... so heres a list of things YOU should do to prime your self for improvement.

1) Try and settle on a character. You don't have to MARRY the character and you can change if things don't work out, but try and find someone you're willing to stick with for a reasonable amount of time.  The reason is it's easier to learn one character and then catch other characters up to that level than to start from scratch.

2) Learn your moves. You don't need to be like, a ERRORLESS PRO (I drop so much shit you have no idea), but you wanna be out of the mindset and habit of just trying to do moves for the sake of doing them. "COME ON DP. WHY WONT YOU COME OUT. DRAGON PUNCH! DRAAAGON PUNCH!!!!" This is bad. It's more important to just accept if you can't reliably do a move (ultras) rather than try and mash on it in match.

3) Act with intention. I don't care if the intention is wrong. "Imma walk up an ELECTRICITY" is fine, even if it's not the right thing to do at a given time. "I wanna sweep him!", WHATEVER. No mashing. This is VERY IMPORTANT, because I can offer advice and corrections when someone is doing something wrong, but if they're not really thinking at all theres no advice in the world that will help. So try not to be random. It's okay if you're going "LOW ATTACK" not caring if it's mk or hk, it's just doing things semi-on purpose.

At this point I might actually be able to give advice. It's more of a mental barrier if anything. It's not much at all in actuality.

I'd also suggest looking at some match videos of the character you're interested in. Don't look too deeply at them, just try and get an idea of what they do. If your take away from a match is "Chun Li throws fireballs and presses medium punch a lot", you're doing fine. For bonus points you could also learn combos or whatever which can be done in single player, but honestly? Patito beats me in games fairly often with mediocre comboing abilities -- sometimes with no combos at all. You'll get more mileage in the long run by just trying to think clearly. Still, if its fun to you and you can do it, some combos never hurt. Also when you have your 'main', don't run to other characters when things aren't working out. A lot of people lose to a character and try and pick other characters to counter that character. Doing that denies your self experience and it probably won't work anyways.

Anyways I'm willing to play on the PC if anyone is stuck there or doesn't have a PS3. The hard part is just getting infprmed enough to see whats going on. After that, it's still not easy, but the self improvement is way more enjoyable! So again, hit me up if you want advice or questions, but just try and make sure you're ready for the advice you're asking for. I'll try and answer, regardless, but baby steps are best!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2010, 12:34:18 AM »

Exactly how much should I endeavor to protect my balls?

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »

If you mean your pride, not much! You've been playing for awhile, even if it's only been against the computer and maybe some online randoms. You probably have some idea what your moves do and can probably do most of them. You're probably at the ideal point to dive in. Whats the worst that can happen?

I beat you senseless with no effort? Ah well, whats lost? Maybe a half hour, and I'll still probably have advice. Even then, i'd know who you could play. I bet Joxam or Mali would still play the PC version. Having safe opponents to practice on comfortably helps a lot! Or if you don't get OWNED, Patito probably would play too. Patito might give me a fight, but he has this amazing ability to give EVERYONE a good fight, even those who are much weaker than him. I'm not so good at just flat out dialing back my skill (I can do it, but with Patito you can't even tell. With me, I'll just either go for really difficult stuff I know I'll screw up or repeat attack patterns and moves until they can be reliably beaten -- which is also a good way to learn). Theres really no shame.

I'm also not some God-Demon either. I'm solid and hard to beat, but generally just by being really clutch. I have a lot of good traits, but none of them are great. I generally don't run people into the dirt. And besides, again, no shame in losing. You get better by losing. I actually felt this way with Kazz and Geo. Geo wouldn't play me, passing it off as a beating, but I still had to wonder what there was to lose. A lotta folk are probably in a better place than they think they are.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:06 AM »

I used to think i was some pretty tough shit then I fought Kayin. I lost alot then I started to kick it up a notch and then it became the unstoppable force against the immovable object sometimes. Neither one wants to budge from there position yet we are each looking for that opening to just get in when the other screws up. If you wanna find some matchups of your favorite characters I suggest the SF4 boxee app. It's pretty snazzy.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2011, 09:23:22 AM »

Digging up this thread to see who else is going to be getting the Arcade Edition on PC!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »

I probably will in july.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »

Extra discount if you already own SF4? That's kinda neat. Will probably do that then.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »

Am available on PSN if people are still able-bodied.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »

Is anyone available on XBL is the question.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

I'm available on 3DS!

guys?

guys stop laughing
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »

I'm weak and it's a new edition so yeah I'll be picking this up on PC. More chances to play with you guys that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30