Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: You Can Hear Me How?  (Read 17627 times)

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: You Can Hear Me How?
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

I agree completely with TA on both counts.  I've made it very well so far without an internet phone.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »

Currently on T-Mobile G-1 paying a pretty low price for unlimited data and texting, and minimum minutes. However my hardware isn't looking so hot these days. Might go Evo or might go droid. Evo with 4G seems pretty hot by the specs, but I'll wait for some opinions on it and see what they can do pricewise.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 04:17:14 AM »

Sorry I meant SCD.  Got distracted while I was replying.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »

"Hey, that HTC Evo 4G is pretty incredible. But that two year contract is really ugh.. Wow! The Droid X has close specs to the HTC Evo! I'll go with Verizon!.. Oh goddamnit."

:facepalm:

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

Hey, so http://twitter.com/droidlanding is giving Droid X phones now. It's twittering lat/long coordinates where you'll find a certificate or someone handing out a certificate to get one of the phones. If you're looking for a quick way to make $600 or a free smart phone, pay attention, one may be near you.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

I'm moving to Ottawa, into an appartment ALL BY MYSELF. What should I do for telephoning machines, Brontoforumus?
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:54 PM »

Don't bother with a landline. Save cash by buying a cell and using it sparingly (you can always leave it at home and just pretend it's anchored to your wall or something, if you're that OCD about cellphones). That way, it's easy to take with you if you move apartments. Setting up two lines (land & cell) is pretty redundant and mobile beats landline. I don't know your exact phone useage habits, so I can't give you exact plan/provider advice.

The exception to the above advice is the fact that you'll need an internet connection. Whichever ISP you choose may give you a sweetheart deal on a basic landline, in which case I guess you can forget the cell (since I know you don't like cellphones, and I'm guessing you'll just go with whichever option makes the most financial sense). You'll probably have to do some research into stuff like activation fees, moveability (relevant only to landlines), bundles, whether or not you can cut deals, etc.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

So on Friday I switched from the iPhone on AT&T to the Droid X on Verizon, and I'm pretty happy with it so far.  The camera is definitely a step up, and I like the level of customization that the iPhone could never and probably still can't do.  Anyway, I've got it setup to where Gmail and Text Messages notify me by going "BONK!", but what should I use for Facebook notifications?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »

MAGETS!

or Control point capture DING!

or Sentry lock on and rocket fire?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »

I was hoping for a non-TF2 sound

EvaKisu

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Kaitlin McCullough
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »

I was always fond of the Moo.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »

Got my Droid X. It's so amazing.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

but what should I use for Facebook notifications?
My friend is using Navi's "hey listen!" Surprisingly even though I've heard it go off about a thousand times in two days it hasn't made me want to kill her yet.

Oh right, and while I'm here:

I have a Motorola Cliq and despite SDK recognizing it, I can't manage to get RSD to which is preventing me from going android 2.1. If anyone has some tips I'd be grateful.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »

Pre-orders finally open for the Epic 4G, at least if you're one of the EXTRA SPECIAL Sprint customers like I am.

It's dropping the 31st, or in other words half a goddam month later than projected.

Whatever, I put in my reservation.  On the 31st I'll be able to do a final throwdown between this new toy and the Evo and walk away with whichever one is truly the better techno-fetish object.  Or walk away with a plan to buy an Evo later, since apparently both manufacturers for Sprint like to employ the Sony style of new product releases.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »

I like the large internal memory of the Galaxy S, assuming it can just be used for storage, but I am hearing bad things about Samsung's UI hack, and also that the GPS is terrible.

I'd be very interested in your comparison though.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »

Three Best Buys, two Sprint stores, a Sprint kiosk in a mall, and a Radio Shack.  Fuckin' nobody has Evos.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

I have one!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »

Supposedly the Epic's GPS is fucked sideways, which isn't really something you can tell by demoing it at a store.  Glad I heard that one early.

It better be one damn good keyboard, is all I'm saying.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »

I'm starting to get the feeling that the industry is moving away from physical keyboards.  I prefer physical, but if that's the wave of the future then I wonder if I might as well start getting used to onscreen keyboards.  At least it means the phone's thinner and lighter.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »

I'm starting to get the feeling that the industry is moving away from physical keyboards.

As someone who swore off Software keyboards entirely, these days I find software/touch keyboards to be functional enough to switch from. I really like how Swype handles. That said, if you want a hardware keyboard, I believe the Droid 2 will be your best bet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9