Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: Steam Deals  (Read 58938 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Deals
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »

Welp, Inventory got old pretty fast. Every game is "Tycho chain-folds while the Player clears out the other three guys. Tycho then cheats to win: he always folds if he will lose the hand, he always wins if the hand actually concludes."

Like I'm sure there is some middle-ground where I can peck him to death 1,000 bucks at a time or something but holy fuck it just makes the entire round so boring.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »

...I'm really having trouble coming up with five games I actually want off Steam.

Maybe go through the indie section and find stuff that makes you say "eh yeah I'd put ten minutes into that before deciding it sucks."

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »

Damn, check out that realistic draw-in action.  Just like a real farm.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »

Welp, Inventory got old pretty fast. Every game is "Tycho chain-folds while the Player clears out the other three guys. Tycho then cheats to win: he always folds if he will lose the hand, he always wins if the hand actually concludes."

Like I'm sure there is some middle-ground where I can peck him to death 1,000 bucks at a time or something but holy fuck it just makes the entire round so boring.

The game where I won the watch, Tycho matched my All In and revealed a pair of aces, and I had a King & an 8.

The flop made it a Full House, compared to his...pair of aces.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2010, 11:58:04 PM »

Make sure you have ten games on your list, not five.  That's a qualification that's kind of buried in the fine print.

Also you probably could have figured this one out, but they're not honoring package deals.

...I'm really having trouble coming up with five games I actually want off Steam.

I just picked 10 games that I'd play if given for free, which makes the threshold much lower.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »

Does it have to be exactly ten or can it be more? I've currently got 25

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2010, 08:02:54 AM »

The game where I won the watch, Tycho matched my All In and revealed a pair of aces, and I had a King & an 8.

The flop made it a Full House, compared to his...pair of aces.

I lost 3 in a row to Tycho's Two Pair after grinding out extraordinary card-play against the other 3.

I've also never actually reached a 1v1 finale against anyone other than Tycho!

I know somebody has to be the whiny, chain-folding statistics bitch but eh... boring.

Crouton

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »

Tycho's plays don't bother me. I play just like him, only better (or worse depending on how you look at it) until I have enough money to be stupid. What does bother me is things that should be impossible, 3 players with the same pair for example (on top of it, one of the 3 will win for nonexistent reasons, it WAS me in that case, but still). I actually find Strong Bad or Max to me more irritating 1v1. Heavy's almost always out first so I never get a shot at him.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

Three players can have the same pair in texas hold 'em, like if three players have a pocket 8 and the fourth 8 is on the table. In that case (and in several other occurences of ties), the highest other card in play (the "kicker") is used to pick the winner. There's also one bit that's unintuitive, in how the game announces the winner in the case of a side-pot*, because it announces the player who won the most money even if that person didn't have the best overall hand. But everyone still gets the chips they win.

*: If a player goes all in, but doesn't have enough money to cover the current bet, the portion of the pot he can't afford is put in a side-pot that is awarded to the next best hand if the poorer player wins. (You can tell who is eligible to the side-pot by the initials in the side-pot display.) This is to make sure that you can't go all in with like a hundred bucks and still proceed to clean everyone else out in a single hand. If the side-pot is bigger than the main pot, the game only announces the side-pot winner; in that case, the main pot winner still gets the chips he won.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »

Recettear is not five dollars today.

A collection containing Recettear is five dollars today.

I don't think they realize that.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »

I can't think of ten games I want to play. Even for free. What the hell is the matter with me?

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »

You'd only get five, so find five games you'd like to try, and then pick five shit DLCs for something.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »

I picked mostly games that aren't out, but are available for pre-order, so that if I win I'll get magic presents over the next year.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

i picked co-op games i wanted to play with you dudes :)

COD BLOPS because ice t liked it

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »

Anyone interested in going in on that DoW2: Chaos Rising 8-pack?  I want a copy of that before the sale ends but I'd rather not have to re-buy DoW2.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »

You'd only get five, so find five games you'd like to try, and then pick five shit DLCs for something.

Okay, let me put it this way. I can't think of one.

I'm really not trying to be some snooty game-hating asshole* I just haven't read a lot of reviews and out of what I have read, nothing really struck my fancy. A game has to bee really good AND coincide with my stupid interests to engage me these days. I start thinking "maybe I should read some game reviews and see if I find some I like" and then I'm like "wait, are you fucking crazy?".

It's kind of funny. A friend sent me five free games tonight. I doubt I'll play any of them.

*OH WAIT YES I AM AHAHA... WAIT, NO NO AH FUCK.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »

Mongrel: If you got the clever indie pack you should at least play World of Goo.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »

Mongrel: I sort of do the same thing, except I buy the games, download them, and then forget all about them. In my case, it's not snootiness or anything, just extreme absent-mindedness.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:54 PM »

Portal 2 counts as a game for the thing. It's #1on my list

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »

Anyone interested in going in on that DoW2: Chaos Rising 8-pack?  I want a copy of that before the sale ends but I'd rather not have to re-buy DoW2.
I would honestly like to but I got shorted out on a paycheck this week.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40