Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 210

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 281988 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »

Oh I'm sure it's not my thing, just like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum aren't, but I don't like to blow off games that every motherfucker on the planet keeps talking about.

And rather shitty compared to fallout 2.

Fallout 2 is also free.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »

The Fallout 2 is also cursed.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2008, 07:40:43 PM »

Fallout 2 suffers from being much more difficult, buggier, and perhaps a little tired in some of it's concepts. It's also much bigger and takes itself much less seriously, for better or for worse.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »

Apparently it's not up on Gametap yet, but hey, Psychonauts is.

So is Daikatana.

In other news, MGS4 is officially as good as Ocarina of Time, Soul Calibur, Vagrant Story, Wind Waker, Nintendogs, FFXII and Brawl.  In other words, seven games I bought and either left to gather dust or sold.

Seriously there's only one game on that list I've been arsed to give a full playthrough.  Well I guess I've put my time in on Brawl but yeah gave up way before I considered it finished.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »

What is the chance of This. Making it to the us. I know capcom has the rights to darkstalkers, but most of NIS has been getting ported over lately.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2008, 03:30:59 AM »

It's actually a little astounding that Fallout 2 is buggier than Fallout, considering that Fallout is an ENORMOUS COCKROACH

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

I am told you can complete Fallout 1 without ever getting into combat.

On a fun note, only the US release of fallout had children...  And burning to death animations for children.  And if you happen to see that, and you caused it?  Prepare for a special mark on your character sheet, and dozens more fairly difficult encounters in the wilderness for the new bounty on your head.

I love Fallout.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »

I did like how, in Junktown, you can kill Gizmo AND the guy who asked you to kill Gizmo, and get both quest rewards.

There were only a handful of situations in which killing absolutely everybody wasn't the best option.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »

Fallout 2 on the other hand, will make you choose.  I think New Reno has several paths, where you can only take one.

(Plated boxing gloves YESSSSS)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2008, 07:54:07 AM »

Actually, with a little finagling you can be a Made Man for all four families.  It's tricky, but doable.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »

I did like how, in Junktown, you can kill Gizmo AND the guy who asked you to kill Gizmo, and get both quest rewards.

There were only a handful of situations in which killing absolutely everybody wasn't the best option.

These kinds of scenarios aren't the "bugs" you're talking about, right Kazz? Or are you talking about the [there are no spoilers for a game this old] terrible psychic wall doing enough damage to kill you no matter what you did?

Actually, with a little finagling you can be a Made Man for all four families.  It's tricky, but doable.

I needs me some proofs.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

I did complete the game once without ever killing anyone or anything, IIRC. I used a FAQ, though. It's doable, but you pretty much need advance knowledge of the game, and you have no leeway as to how you build your character since you only get EXP from quests and such.

But the very fact that it's possible to do it... well, that's a Thing.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2008, 09:37:46 AM »

Even if you don't do the entire game through conversation, every major encounter can be done that way, including the best way to defeat a last boss ever.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »

Classic: I think the best example is Boneyard, home to probably half of the game's bugs (and 75% of its spelling errors).  The fact that you have to go there to get advanced weapons is a shame, because most of the quest triggers and conversation trees are totally fucking broken.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »

Alternatively, the fallout games are incredibly different if you play with minimum INT score.  Other non-intelligent people are suddenly useful, and I think there are even one or two unique quests for that.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »

On a fun note, only the US release of fallout had children...  And burning to death animations for children.  And if you happen to see that, and you caused it?  Prepare for a special mark on your character sheet, and dozens more fairly difficult encounters in the wilderness for the new bounty on your head.

I love Fallout.

After chasing some little shit who stole some ammo for my ALIEN DEATH GUN
down i gave him some active tnt.

I am a fucking monster.

also, there is a fanpatch for Fallout 2 that fixes nearly every bug (including the random encounter that nets you the HOLY HAND GRENADE)

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »

Jack Thompson is going to be disbarred. Hell yes. Of course he hasn't technically been disbarred yet, but seeing that he walked out of the proceedings early on I don't think this is going to turn out well for him.
The captain of the gravy train!

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »

Also he personally insulted the judge in his rambling, 4500 word essay statement.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2008, 08:59:55 PM »

Personally insulting people is a large part of what got him there.

Of course it's also a large part of why we know about it.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2008, 11:50:47 PM »

I needs me some proofs.

From the Nearly Ultimate Fallout 2 Guide:

It's possible to be listed on your character sheet as Made Man for all four families at the same time, as outlined by Sébastien Caisse: "Once you've become a Made Man for a specific family, this family won't attack you any more. First you need to do all the possible quests for them, and not collect the final reward, and not assassinate Salvatore (until you're a Made Man for him). The trick is basically to sneak past everyone and collect your final reward by talking to the bosses before they engage in combat." Ryan P. Fialcowitz and Joshua Jansen then looked into the particulars and found there is another constraint: you must become Made Man for Bishop first, since Bishop's dialogue will change for the worse if you're already with some other family. This means that if you want all four you must end up allied with either the Wrights or the Mordinos. You will need to use a combination of Sneaking and running in combat mode to reach all bosses - saving a lot is recommended. Getting through the door to Salvatore is one of the tricky parts, but John Gaw points out: "If you talk to Mason while on good grounds, you can go into attack mode later and open the door with no problem whatsoever." Two more things should be noted. Firstly, despite what your character sheet says you will only be Made Man for one family at a time as far as the game is concerned, so there's no real reward for doing all this. Secondly, attacking the family you joined last will remove all Made Man labels from your list of reputations, but attacking any other family, including one you joined earlier, has no effect on them.

tl;dr: Technically it shouldn't be possible but you can do it anyway with elite sploits. :mikey:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 210