Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 210

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 281988 times)

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #1860 on: December 11, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »

I'm probably one of the few people who believes Roger when he says that he's not into it.  I'm also probably one of the few people to realize that credibility of the person questioning Roger's taste (or distaste) in an embarrassingly pandering, uncomfortably voyeuristic game is brought into doubt due to his having a picture of an embarrassingly pandering video game character whose on-screen actions come across as uncomfortably voyeuristic as an avatar.  Seriously, some guy imported the Japanese version ('cause it's region-free and all) and he beat it and watching it was kind of like playing FFX-2 only more.

Just sayin', is all.

...and near as I can tell all the Battle Fantasia stuff was just mock trailers for things and not actual games; seems kind of a waste to hire folks to do what Banpresto and the Queen's Blade artists are already equipped to do themselves.  Unless you meant the Battle Fantasia fighting game, what on account of the link being a little mangled.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 11, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »

Just imagine I've put a link to something Roger might find deeply embarrassing and would show what a hypocrite he is at the same time here.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 11, 2009, 11:15:50 PM »

also, what the hell does my avatar have to do with anything, mr robot waifu in a christmas suit
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 12, 2009, 12:53:28 AM »

There's a difference between military hardware whose appearance represents a subconscious expression of repressed desires due to the designer growing up in a deeply heteronormative traditionalist society, and a woman with no personality beyond "generic sultry vamp" seemingly designed to embody the worst excesses of Akibahara's virtual skin trade right on down to the implementation of single-button combat, a design decision which I would normally consider tongue-in-cheek were it not for the first-hand reactions of literally dozens of prospective buyers; an object fleshed out into a character versus a character designed to be an object, and to be honest I'd appreciate it if you didn't immediately try to shift attention away from yourself when I'm being a dick and calling you out on things.

It's entirely possible that the problem lies with me; that I simply can't just shut off my brain and stop thinking about what circumstances would have to come to pass to result in women attaining no small degree of combat experience without dying due to lack of armor or losing their supermodel good looks to an errant arrow or sword, or regard a woman gyrating for an unseen audience before her outfit lifts off her body, turns into a dragon and bites someone in half, leaving her nude save for two strategically-placed strips as an expression of empowered womanhood, forgetting of course that these were not and never were conscious decisions on their parts because they're fictional constructs designed by males primarily for other males; males who never quite seem to understand that there can be female characters who are competent and - dare I say - attractive without having to resort to having them bind enemies up in with whips and force them to straddle wooden ponies or parading them around in Japanese gym uniforms or cheerleader outfits.  Or if they do understand this they're either intimidated by the prospect of a woman who isn't either helpless or helplessly in love with them or only concerned with shallow parodies of human beings whose behavior and sexuality are as inflated and distorted as their breasts.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this and it feels like there should be another paragraph or two but there isn't so I'll just jump to the end: In conclusion, YOU ROCK-SHITTING KNUCKLE-DRAGGING BRICKPUNTER DESIGNERS SHE'S WEARING HIGH HEELS WITH GUNS ON THEM HOW ABOUT I FLY OVER THERE FORCE YOU TO WEAR HEELS AND CHASE YOU DOWN THE STREET SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT A COMPLETELY FUCKING HORRIBLE IDEA DOING ANYTHING OVER A SLOW WALK IN THEM IS OH WAIT YOU CAN'T SEE HOW MUCH OF A HORRIBLE IDEA THEY ARE BECAUSE YOU'VE FALLEN OVER AND I'VE BEATEN YOU BLIND

Fucking hell.  Fucking.  Hell.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 12, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

...and if anyone points out that I'm a giant hypocrite for saying all that I'LL FUCKING STAB YOU IN THE SOUL.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 12, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »

...and near as I can tell all the Battle Fantasia stuff was just mock trailers for things and not actual games; seems kind of a waste to hire folks to do what Banpresto and the Queen's Blade artists are already equipped to do themselves.  Unless you meant the Battle Fantasia fighting game, what on account of the link being a little mangled.

Nah, I meant the trailers. And yeah, it is a bit silly; I just thought the similarities in art style and awkward animation were worth noting. It's weird when a game about humans fighting has them being stiffer than the mechs the company usually animates.

Bleck

• Tailor Made Squid Unicycles
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 12, 2009, 01:12:23 AM »

I simply can't just shut off my brain and stop thinking about what circumstances would have to come to pass to result in women attaining no small degree of combat experience without dying due to lack of armor or losing their supermodel good looks to an errant arrow or sword,

how do you even play video games

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1867 on: December 12, 2009, 01:14:56 AM »

I simply can't just shut off my brain and stop thinking about what circumstances would have to come to pass to result in women attaining no small degree of combat experience without dying due to lack of armor or losing their supermodel good looks to an errant arrow or sword,

how do you even play video games

Have you not met OHakubi before, Bleck? He plays them by hating them.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 12, 2009, 02:19:12 AM »

There are some games where the ridiculousness of the concept is in fact central to the concept.  You don't necessarily have to like that concept though.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 12, 2009, 03:59:13 AM »

Says the man with the smiling ninja turtle for his avatar. :disapprove:

Oh- oh wait, nevermind. That's perfect. :imagination:

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »

ha ha ha holee shit

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 12, 2009, 07:05:55 AM »

LEAVE BAYONETTA ALONE!

PLEASE!

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 12, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »

...and if anyone points out that I'm a giant hypocrite for saying all that I'LL FUCKING STAB YOU IN THE SOUL.

...hypocrite.

But I still love yohgodmysoul

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 12, 2009, 08:33:03 AM »

Huh, without a NSFW board I forgot most of you people's kinks. This isn't the thread I expected the reminders to come pouring out into, though.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 12, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

Can I point out that you're a gibbering retard?

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: December 12, 2009, 11:23:36 AM »

There are some games where the ridiculousness of the concept is in fact central to the concept.  You don't necessarily have to like that concept though.

This, right here.

Although the difference between ridiculous exaggerations of violence and sex (well, titillation, really) is that violence actually wraps around at some point, going from awesome to stupidly overblown back to awesome because it's overblown to comic proportions (see: Devil May Cry 3, Shoot 'Em Up) and that winking asides about the absurdity of it are, if not humorous, then at least tolerable.  Meanwhile, sex never actually wraps around; the flesh pile just keeps growing bigger and more people who might actually be interested in the thing are instead embarrassed to even touch it, and all the clever winking asides to the player about how ridiculous it is just keep getting sleazier and sleazier.  If things like Queen's Blade were done tongue-in-cheek, nobody ever told the people who actually bought them.

The worst part is that despite designing a main character in what would normally be seen as a bid to drum up sales or obfuscate glaring gameplay flaws with breasts, Bayonetta is a good game!  I'm pretty sure me saying that just blew someone's mind, so I'll say it again:

Bayonetta is a good game.

It really is a worthy successor to Devil May Cry in terms of gameplay, and I mean the good DMCs when I say that, not like 2 or anything.  It's just that... well, the art department really needs to get out more.

I'd :tldr: everything but I've basically forgotten what I was thinking when I wrote all that.  Oh well.

Can I point out that you're a gibbering retard?

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 12, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

the worst part about bayonetta as sex object is how she is some kind of horrible stretched out rack victim for whom proportions do not exist and also why is she british and

she is basically the least sexy HEY LOOK SHE'S SEXY character since lara croft's original model.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 12, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »

The thing is I think the "infinite straight-faced sexualization" thing is really a specific thing to American culture.  No amount of sex is too much sex here, but that's not generally true everywhere else.  That's why hot women popping up out of nowhere is a joke on British comedy shows or why the Japanese consider a blonde woman with giant tits who talks endlessly about her tits and does mundane things using her tits and fights monsters with her tits is considered a joke character.  We get disproportionately exposed to the Japanese Pervert Underground here, but I get the feeling that most of them have a better sense of sexual proportion than we do and that something like Bayonetta to them is just fucking silly as hell, which gets awkward when it's ported over here and the unanimous reaction is "DEAR GOD THAT'S SO HOT!"

There's a reason why so many other countries view our behavior towards sex with a mixture of awe, fear, disgust, and mostly total bemusement, depending on their exposure to us.

she is basically the least sexy HEY LOOK SHE'S SEXY character since lara croft's original model.

See, this right here.  I'm pretty much convinced that Bayonetta is basically a parody of Lara Croft, a character who you were very seriously expected to somehow masturbate to.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 12, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »

Right, fapping to Bayonetta seems like an insurmountable task, but fanart can make anything hot. If it's really going to destroy my ability to hold an argument though, I'll change it to Lucia from Psychic World or something.

The reason I want to play Bayonetta is because I like Devil May Cry. The end.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 210