Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 210

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 281994 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »

Back to Jackie Boy: GP has a transcript of his hissy fit from the sanctions hearing.

JT: Excuse me Judge. Just to state my objection to your preventing me from doing what I have a right to do here today, note my objection to your ruling in that regard. Note my objection to the fact that you don't want to hear my objection, which I have a right to put on the record orally and heaving heard yet another erroneous ruling from you which simply digs your hole deeper -- with all respect for at least this Court -- let me then give you what I have in writing. May I approach?

JUDGE: Absolutely. Miss Tuma, do you have a copy?

TUMA: No, I don't.

JT: Let me give it to you. One for the court reporter (handing), one for Miss Tuma (handing), one for the Daily Business Review (handing). Ms. Roberts, try to get the story right this time [GP: Thompson made this remark to DBR reporter Alana Roberts]. Mr. Min, you're not supposed to be here, but here's your copy (handing)--

[GP: Barnaby Min is an investigator for the Florida Bar; Thompson has been highly critical of Min in the past.]

JUDGE: Let me just stop you right there. This is going to be a professionally conducted hearing. Whoever is in this courtroom has a right to be here because it's a public courtroom. I saw you basically throw onto Mr. Min's lap a motion --

JT: You saw me drop it on his lap because he wouldn't take it.

JUDGE: Mr. Thompson, he has no requirement to take anything from you. He's here as a person watching the proceedings... So I'd like us all to take a step back and to conduct ourselves professionally. Having said that, I have now received--

JT: Your Honor--

JUDGE: I have now received a motion entitled "Thompson's Formal Objection to June 4th Sanctions Hearing" and--

JT: It's not--

JUDGE: I will read it and when I receive a reply by the Bar, I will rule accordingly; but it's not going to stop this hearing from going forward.

JT: Nobody wanted to stop the hearing from going forward. Secondly, it's not a motion, It's an objection.

JUDGE: Okay.

JT: Thirdly, I'm entitled to give this to Mr. Min, if I feel like it. He wouldn't take it, so I gently dropped it on his lap. You can mischaracterize what I did if you want to, as you have before. Having stated my objection, Judge, which I wanted to do on the record orally, which I have a right to do, I want to wish you a very good day because I'm done here. Because I want you to understand that I cannot, Judge -- Referee, whatever -- object to the legitimacy of these proceedings and at the same time participate in them. I understand that. Others understand that. I don't know whether you understand it or not, but I'm done. I'll see you.

It is probably the very definition of schadenfreude that I laughed out loud at that part, but I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Or that I read Jack's babbling in my head in Milton's voice.

Dennis McCauley at GP deserves some serious accolades for the effort he's gone to in breaking this story.  I'd advise everybody to drop a "thanks" in his comments section.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:43 AM »

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

...Getting sort of pissed at all the FF4DS previews, because they make it sound a lot like a thing I want to purchase.

While I am opposed, in principle, to encouraging Square/Enix to continue cranking out remakes (DQ4-6 notwithstanding for obvious reasons), this one looks pretty damn good.

Also, I've only ever bought FF4 once.  If I'd bought it three times, I'd probably be less inclined to buy it again.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »

I had the original SNES cartridge and bought the GBA remake, and I'm still snapping this up on release day.  The trailer on the US website is subtitled, I wonder if the final version will be dubbed.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »

I really, really liked how they handled the graphics in FF3DS, and I'm sure I'll love them just as much in FF4, but I would feel like such a colossal whore buying that video game again. I draw the line here, Square. You want me to buy your damn game? Make a new one!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »

I had the original SNES cartridge and bought the GBA remake, and I'm still snapping this up on release day.  The trailer on the US website is subtitled, I wonder if the final version will be dubbed.

WHYYYYYYYYYY yes it is.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »

GameTrailers has a preview, which doesn't seem to want to play nicely with either the flash or the url tag.  If the embed below isn't working (I can't tell because my Flash is spotty as hell in the first damn place), hit up their main site and find it there; at the time of this writing it's linked on the front page.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35093.html

The speaker doesn't seem to have played the last two releases of the game (or assumes the audience hasn't), and the music sounds like it's all taken from the SNES version, but it's the best English gameplay footage you're going to find right now.

Parish has a hands-on preview with screenshots but no video.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »

Seh-sil?  God damn it, I've been calling him See-sil this whole time.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »

so does this play like you're in a time-slowed swamp full of molasses like ff3ds did?
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »

I heard they fixed that and battles go at a nice clip now.  FF4 never had much grindan anyway.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »

oh was there grinding in ff3?  i dunno i only played it for like six or seven hours

so i got through the second random battle.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »

I heard they fixed that and battles go at a nice clip now.  FF4 never had much grindan anyway.

And apparently this version has an auto-battle like Suikoden.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

And apparently this version has an auto-battle like Suikoden.

That seems weird. Parish has been going on and on about how difficult even the random battles are in FFIV DS, and how you actually need to use strategy and special abilities and such all the time.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:34 PM »

For early battles in a given area, yeah.  Maybe not for grinding/walking in circles for hours looking for motherfucking Pink Puffs.

Air

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • SoraCross Dev.
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2008, 06:22:37 PM »

An Open Letter to Chris Buffa: You don't get Metal Gear

Why do people feel the need to sit around and bitch when some random no-name game reviewer gives the game they like a score they feel is bad? Don't they realize that reviews are opinion?

(THAD EDIT: I really shouldn't have to fix long straight-URL links twice on the same page in the same day.)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

Hey, this weekend is another free TF2 weekend.  Awesome.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2008, 07:23:46 PM »

Why do people feel the need to sit around and bitch when some random no-name game reviewer gives the game they like a score they feel is bad? Don't they realize that reviews are opinion?

Of course they know that reviews are opinion.  They're the WRONG opinion.  They must be CORRECTED.

Never mind that this has never, ever resulted in anything positive or constructive.  It's a compulsion I will never understand.

The last review that pissed me off (from IGN, I believe) was one in which the reviewer claimed that, in TF2, disguised spies bleed when shot.  This made it very clear that the reviewer didn't play the fucking game.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »

:gasp: You say that about everyone when it comes to TF2!

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »

Meet the Sniper is up.

Pyro weapons is reveal tomorrow.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2008, 01:58:30 PM »

well, they kinda showed the pyro shotgun replacement in meet the sniper.

it's a goddamn flare gun.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 210