Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 282034 times)

Roger

• Waiting for the next Smash Bros is the Pits
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #3460 on: April 15, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »

Concept art of Bad Boxart Megaman shows that Capcom had a lot of ideas for him.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3461 on: April 15, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »

Bad Box Art Roll is kinda hot in a few of those.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: April 15, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »

Chicks dig strongfats, apparently.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

Bad Boxart Megaman is built like a football... Whatever you call those guys whose job it is to just charge at each other at the line.

I also really dig the way they considered using the Howard & Nester buster from the Mega Man 3 strip.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: April 15, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »

Bad Boxart Megaman is built like a football... Whatever you call those guys whose job it is to just charge at each other at the line.

Lineman.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: April 15, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »

In-Shape Digger (the one pictured with Robot Boots Roll) is actually a pretty cool design.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

He's built like a lineman gone to seed, which is kind of what he's supposed to be. Old, fat, down and out Megaman. No more robots to fight. Just a small apartment and a big fat alimony check to go along with his gut.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #3467 on: April 19, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »

Original Apple II Prince of Persia source posted.  It's not really open-source per se:

As the author and copyright holder of this source code, I personally have no problem with anyone studying it, modifying it, attempting to run it, etc. Please understand that this does NOT constitute a grant of rights of any kind in Prince of Persia, which is an ongoing Ubisoft game franchise. Ubisoft alone has the right to make and distribute Prince of Persia games.

Not like there's much you could do commercially or practically with 6502 assembly anyway.

(Via The Reg)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 19, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »

Oh hey, it took long enough.  Someone finally linked the Norway shootings to video games.

Breivik said he played the computer game "Modern Warfare" for 16 months starting in January 2010, primarily to get a feel for how to use rifle sights. In 2006 he devoted a full year to playing "World of Warcraft," for 16 hours a day, he said.

I really have no idea which of my dozens of initial reactions here are the appropriate one.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the only proper thing to do here is to drop a Haddock and move on.

It bears noting that this paragraph is buried pages down in an article detailing Breivik's motivations in great detail, but the headline is still "Norway killer sharpened aim on computer games".  Looks like at least one editor knows his priorities.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »

Super Monkey Ball

川村ゆきえplays 川村ゆきえ

now with tits.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 19, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

::(:

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 19, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »

:disappoint:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:01 AM »

Oh hey, it took long enough.  Someone finally linked the Norway shootings to video games.

Breivik said he played the computer game "Modern Warfare" for 16 months starting in January 2010, primarily to get a feel for how to use rifle sights. In 2006 he devoted a full year to playing "World of Warcraft," for 16 hours a day, he said.

I really have no idea which of my dozens of initial reactions here are the appropriate one.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the only proper thing to do here is to drop a Haddock and move on.

It bears noting that this paragraph is buried pages down in an article detailing Breivik's motivations in great detail, but the headline is still "Norway killer sharpened aim on computer games".  Looks like at least one editor knows his priorities.

My understanding has been the crazy fuckface has been purposely trying to drum this up. For whatever reason the psychopath wants the media circus around it. His manifesto explicitly detailed that he used CoD to train himself, and he acted in court all smug and grinning when they talked about it.

He's purposely feeding them the bullshit and they are smearing it all over themselves so eagerly. I don't know why, maybe he's hoping for more controversy around his name, maybe he hates video games, maybe he wants to get off the hook, but he's doing it on purpose in a disgusting way.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #3473 on: April 20, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

Chuck Sommerville has a kickstarter going (just 9 days left so get going)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/niffler/chucks-challenge-3d

Also he answers some questions, including about Chip's Challenge 2, on this video:

Where is Chip's Challenge 2? and other questions answered by Chuck Somerville

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 24, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »

Apparently there was a mod released for Arma2 a few days ago "DayZ" and it's everything everyone wants out of a multiplayer zombie survival persistent RPG

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 24, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

Oh nice~ I'll have to try that out. Arma 2 rocks.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

It's so new that it has some serious bugs (mine gets stuck on loading) but from what I've seen it has serious potential.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 24, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »

My understanding has been the crazy fuckface has been purposely trying to drum this up. For whatever reason the psychopath wants the media circus around it. His manifesto explicitly detailed that he used CoD to train himself, and he acted in court all smug and grinning when they talked about it.

He's purposely feeding them the bullshit and they are smearing it all over themselves so eagerly. I don't know why, maybe he's hoping for more controversy around his name, maybe he hates video games, maybe he wants to get off the hook, but he's doing it on purpose in a disgusting way.

He wants attention and they're giving it to him.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #3478 on: April 26, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

Steam for Linux; L4D port included.

NICE.

Valve's move to OSX is the best news for Mac gaming since...probably ever.  This could be a real step forward in companies actually natively supporting Linux.  Valve itself is a pretty good start.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3479 on: April 26, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »

I had heard rumors and whispers that Valve has a Linux steam build they've been greedily keeping all to themselves; I'm glad to see there's some truth to it.

To be as stupid and cliche as possible, making this available to the public would be a gamechanger.