Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 210

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 281988 times)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #1400 on: June 22, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »

Wow, Bayonetta's like some child of the Prince of Persia and Vanessa Z. Schneider.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 22, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »

Her clothes come off every time she finishes a combo.

Which brings to life the very likely thought while playing the game:

"Why the fuck isn't it dead!!?  I got naked didn't I?!"

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »

Black Sigil, a blatant Chrono Trigger clone I was getting a bit excited about, an irredeemable mess. I'd say it was rushed out of the door if I hadn't been following its development for the past three years.

the time I invested in Black Sigil was more than enough to make me realize that this is one of the least entertaining RPG I've ever played. In fact, the more I played, the worse it got, and the hopes I harbored for improvement at the adventure's rough but promising outset were steadily dashed.

Sigil feels less like a professional release and more like a ROM hack, similar to those fan-remixed versions of Zelda or Super Metroid designed to beat down experienced players with cheap, untelegraphed traps and gimmicks. No amount of warm nostalgia provided by visuals traced directly from Square sprite sheets and a truckload of familiar, clichéd characters can compensate for the fact that Sigil's foundation is inherently rotten. Much as I want to like it -- tried to like it! -- it has rebuffed my efforts at every turn.

Oh welllll  :shrug:

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »

Wow, they even ripped off the font from Chrono Trigger.  That's some dedicated plagiarism.

Yet constant enemy ambushes are never a burden when they're built atop a solid battle system; see Final Fantasy V.

Yyyyyyyeah I'd say that's pretty much a perfect counterexample to the point you're trying to make there, Mr. Guy With a Website.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

Worms 2: Armageddon coming to XBLA July 1st, PC later this year.

I'll be holding out for the PC version, I got the first Worms released on XBLA and I hated using the controller.

The naming is kinda confusing, it seems like it should be "Worms: Armageddon 2", the current name sounds like an expansion pack for Worms 2.  As a side note, when Worms: Armageddon first came out, I thought it was an expansion for Worms 2.  It wasn't until after I bought it that I realized it was a sequel.

Still, 2D Worms with full Armageddon arsenal and new weapons = happy Det.

I don't know what it means that I recognized the remixed music in the trailer.  I played that game a lot back in the day.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 24, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »

Totally up ons.

I might even be convinced to pick up the PC version when it comes out.

Sounds like all the weapons that should've been in the first version of Worms Live are in now.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 24, 2009, 06:37:27 PM »

Worms 2: Armageddon coming to XBLA July 1st, PC later this year.

I'll be holding out for the PC version, I got the first Worms released on XBLA and I hated using the controller.

The naming is kinda confusing, it seems like it should be "Worms: Armageddon 2", the current name sounds like an expansion pack for Worms 2.  As a side note, when Worms: Armageddon first came out, I thought it was an expansion for Worms 2.  It wasn't until after I bought it that I realized it was a sequel.

Still, 2D Worms with full Armageddon arsenal and new weapons = happy Det.

I don't know what it means that I recognized the remixed music in the trailer.  I played that game a lot back in the day.

wait, they are adding completely new weapons?

I hope they bring ninja rope sheep back

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:17 PM »

Concrete Donkey.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Transportation

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 25, 2009, 06:40:59 AM »

Quote from: That Article
Among the additions to the new game are weapons like the bunker buster, electro magnet, sentry gun, and concrete donkey, as well as the new fort and rope racing modes, and persistent fire. The full feature list can be found here, or you can check out the trailer above for a look at what to expect from next week's release.
Quote from: Some article I couldn't find the link for
Sentry Gun! Defend your position with this deadly guardian.
Electro Magnet! Attract or repel deadly metallic explosives with this unique item.
Bunker Buster! Use this vertical missile to dig out enemy Worms that have snuck away!
Buffalo Of Lies! The Donkey’s nemesis, this Trojan Buffalo will cause havoc!
Super Bunker Buster! Devastating below ground charge!

I think the buffalo thing was the one running along the ground and causing explosions when it hits the ground in the trailer? Like a horizontal Donkey, I guess.

The bunker busters/sentry gun/electro magnet seem imply they're trying to make darkside infrastructure strategies more interesting, which is nice.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »

so basically bunker buster is  the molebomb without the REALLY FUCKING HARD TO ACTUALLY HIT ANYTHING?

Transportation

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 25, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »

Was that your problem with it? I always leaned to "puny damage" since ludicrous firing arcs always give you style points and are therefore not a problem. I'd have to boot it up, but isn't it just a parabola?

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 25, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »

it ran along the ground, then when you hit the button it does this weird little hop (which is the first thing that makes hitting anything hard) then it starts to dig in an odd arc

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 26, 2009, 04:32:59 AM »

Now I want to play Scorched Earth again.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 29, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »

I'd like to take a second to call

MASSIVE FUCKING BULLSHIT

Mass Effect 2 is not going to feature a New Game + mode. Especially stupid considering that there's a fucking level cap ME1.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 29, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

Oh yeah, they couldn't just allow you to make another file, copying the character file from another, or hell, save a character file up to a point early in the game which can be used in multiple files.  And then come ME3 ask which file to continue from.

No, that's not possible at all!!!!
 ::(:

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 30, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »

There will be brawl episode 6.

:ohshi~: Ending.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 02, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 03, 2009, 05:23:34 AM »

So, what, Fez is like if Super Paper Mario were a graphical adventure game?

Keen.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 210