Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PSP Go  (Read 7289 times)

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: PSP Go
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »

I am confused as to why anyone would purchase the thing, as it does nothing the PSP doesn't, costs more, and has a smaller screen.  Also, even shittier ergonomics.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »

Hell yeah!  HIGH-FIVE!  (holds hand up high, is left hanging)

*leaps across time and space to high five you  :hi5:

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »

If you don't play Monster Hunter you are not hardcore. :humpf:

I'll have to look into this Brave Story business.

I know I do, and possibly Lottel. For the love of god read the book.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »

I'll have to look into this Brave Story business.

Good. Make sure you read the novel first if you can! It's a touching, action-packed novel with an amazing story. You can play without reading but it may ruin a few parts if you read it later.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »

So is there anywhere I can get a complete list of what's available for download on the PSP Go without actually downloading their store software?

Not planning on getting one, just kinda curious.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile

Superface

• Captain Obvious, AWA-A-A-AY
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • The HOTWWATR Conspiracy
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »

I don't think I like the games *people* like, because whenever I think of all the PSP Metal Gears, I go "ugh" and I suddenly feel nauseous. And I loved every one of the Solids.

But like, if I could get a portable system with the graphics of a console (PS2), then yeh, I can dig that. And I can definitely dig portable FF7.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

So, uh, what's the final verdict on this thing, anyway?  Ars basically said it sucks and you're better off getting a PSP3K (and if you don't want to deal with load times, it works just as well with the downloads as the Go does).

PSP3K's are getting cheap enough (I'm starting to see multiple places mark them down to $130) that I'd consider getting one.  Granted, I've got probably a dozen games I've bought and not finished, so it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of SENSE to get one, but...the temptation does occasionally strike me.  And while it ranks below "get another few gigs of RAM" on things to do if I get promoted, it's on the list.

(Seriously, I'm running 2 gigs on 4 Xeons.  It's downright silly.)

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »

There is literally no reason to get a Go over a 3k aside from form factor.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

Agreed. The Go is physically nice, but you are far better off with the 3k

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 05:48:47 AM »

The Go isn't even physically nice. It's awkward to hold in the hand and doesn't really feel too solid.
I think the 3K is better in pretty much every way.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »

As a monster hunter, the Go is a no-go.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  Still not getting one right away, but...food for thought.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:59 AM »

Alright well, after I broke my PSP 1000's screen on the bus somehow I've been thinking of going up to a PSP 3000 or Go. Considering there's like an 80 dollar difference between these, I'm probably going to pick up a 3000 unless there's something particularly interesting about the Go these days.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »

Particularly interesting: When PSN was down, you could not get any new games.

This is the problem with digital content delivery. The more technology you depend on the more Murphy's Law bites you.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

When you get right down to it, it's not the consumers Sony has to really grovel to.  There were a lot of developers who literally couldn't sell their shit for a period of a month, and those guys are how Sony actually profits.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »

Hm, I heard the PSP Go was likely to go down in price since it's discontinued.  But I saw the 3K at the local Wal Mart for $130, and you might be able to get cheaper if you kept an eye on Dealzmodo for a week or two.  Depending how soon you want it.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 04:12:34 AM »

Hm, I heard the PSP Go was likely to go down in price since it's discontinued.
Yes it is. Right now it's $80 at Staples in Canada, which as far as I can tell is actually he lowest price for a PSP in general if you're not buying it used.

As somebody who has actually owned both a vanilla PSP* and a Go, I find the Go a lot nicer. Even though the only game I've been playing has been Patapon, I find that I'm carrying it around a lot more than I expected (probably because it's small enough to actually be portable) The shoulder buttons are a little looser, but the rest of the face buttons are fine. I also like the change of location for the Home button and the rest of the string of tiny buttons that normally would be cluttering up the bottom being moved to the top.

As for software, the only thing that I feel I'm really missing out on is Gitaroo Man. I suppose there's War Of The Lions if you're into that sort of thing, and there's Kingdom Hearts if you hate yourself.

By the way, the SECRET BEST FEATURE of the Go is that you can sync a PS3 controller to it since it has Bluetooth and the vanilla line doesn't. It sounds like a waste for a portable, but since it's a dead system, component cables are super cheap (I got mine for five dollars at Wal-Mart, and a charging dock for three dollars at EB), so it's very easy to turn it into what is essentially a nifty home console.
What was that about not being able to do The Claw to play Monster Hunter? I can't hear you over the sound of being able to play it with an actual controller on a 40" TV.

*Admittedly it was a 1000 model, so it was a bit bigger than current models and didn't have a particularly nice screen, so take that into account.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 04:23:36 AM »

What was that about not being able to do The Claw to play Monster Hunter? I can't hear you over the sound of being able to play it with an actual controller on a 40" TV.
Does that even work?  Does the psp go automagically map the directional pad to the right stick?

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 04:47:04 AM »

I'm not actually sure how analog mapping works yet since neither the XMB nor Patapon 2 have any use for analog sticks. I will let you know when the store is back up. But just the same, using a PS3 controller is better than just about any model of the PSP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4