Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 25177 times)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »

...but is it art?

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »

Literally yesterday I was looking for something like that.

I'm only up to "The Argonian Affair" so far, but I really enjoyed An Accounting of the Scrolls.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »

Quote from: The Lusty Argonian Maid, Vol. 2
Act VII, Scene II, Continued

Lifts-Her-Tail: My goodness, that's quite a loaf! But how ever shall it fit my oven?

Crantius Colto: This loaf isn't ready for baking, my sweet. It has yet to rise.

Lifts-Her-Tail: If only we could hurry that along. How would I accomplish such a task?

Crantius Colto: Oh, my foolish little Argonian maid, you must use your hands.

Lifts-Her-Tail: You wish me to kneed the loaf? Here?

Crantius Colto: Of course.

Lifts-Her-Tail: But what if the mistress catches me? Your loaf was meant to satisfy her appetite.

Crantius Colto: Don't fret, my delicate flower. I'll satisfy the mistress' cravings later.

Lifts-Her-Tail: Very well, but I'm afraid my oven isn't hot enough. It could take hours!

Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.

End of Act VII, Scene II

:glee:

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »

Finally got enchanting and smithing to master level, put them dragon bits to good use.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »

Almost makes me regret not getting Skyrim for the PC.

The Dovahkiin is great with kids

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »

So I was at the base site of High Hrothgar doing my thing, right? I had my loyal housecarl with me and we were having a grand old time while I hung out in back and she took care of the heavy lifting.

So I go into the shroud hearth barrow to investigate some ghosts and learn more dragontongue, and a few SPOILERS later I'm at the gate opened by the sapphire dragon claw.

I turn the wheels to what the claw indicates and give it a spin.
I hear trap needles firing, but none hit me, because the only needlegun that's firing is on one side of the wall. Weird.
I try different permutations on the thing and search for a while, but no luck. I can't fathom what the heck I'm supposed to do here, so I call it a night.

Today I get home and try it again. This time, the dials are in a different starting configuration and won't move. I can't interact with them. I reload, and this time, don't bother untrapping a door to see what it does. This time, I can interact with the wheels, and they're in the first starting position I saw, but I still can't unlock the dragon claw door. So I reload once again. This time, when I try to unlock the trap wire on the door, I mis-aim and the trap fails. It just doesn't work. And when I advance to the wheels, they're inoperable again.

My guess is that there's so much physics going on in that barrow that certain physics events, like setting the door to unlockable, aren't occurring properly. Gaaaah.

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »

One of my favorite moments in this game was when I was breaking into this guys house, I scanned over his book collection real quick to see if there were any skill books, and I decided to read one at random because the title caught my eye ("-some guy's dumb fantasy name, starts with an S- and the Dragon"). It turned out to be a fucking CYOA book. It was only 16 pages, but it was still cool as hell.
The captain of the gravy train!

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2011, 05:56:20 AM »

So I finally decided to mess around with some mods on my fuckaround character. Everything was fine when I started last night but now the game crashes whenever I try to leave Whiterun by any means.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »

Apparently a patch came out that makes the game very unstable.  That might be the culprit.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »

Of course Bethesda patch makes everything worse.

Anyway I did manage to get out of town but it is definitely a lot more crash-to-desktop-y than it was before.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »

You know, I don't think the game has crashed on me once so far?

Of course, it's frozen in an exciting variety of unrecoverable ways, and there was the time I fell outside of the map, but it's never crashed, per se.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »

I've crashed maybe 5 times across 60 hours.

I'd be perfectly OK with them making the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games with this +1 Gamebryo Engine.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

I realized today that the one thing that feels like it's missing is a V.A.T.S. system. That would be fantastic.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »

I'm so glad there's no V.A.T.S. system.

May already have been said somewhere, but turning up the difficulty will require more shots to fell enemies, increasing exp. gain in that attack over the course of the game.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »

I realized today that the one thing that feels like it's missing is a V.A.T.S. system. That would be fantastic.
> Shouts: Slow Time

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »

Nah, the real actual way to turn up the difficulty besides just the difficulty slider, is to make potions a heal over time effect like stimpaks in fallout's hardcore mode. I'm surprise that's not in there already, but that's the first mod I'm gonna pick up, otherwise you can just end up taking a shitload of healing whenever you're in any real danger.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »

Being tremendously vision impaired, I'm bad at this and any game that requires aiming a cursor at vaguely defined objects.

It turns out that when I spend some of my perks in combat skills, I get horribly stomped by the boss monsters a lot less... but it's still a pretty intense stomping I got from that pack of Draugr. Thankfully, I'm apparently nigh-immune to most thu'ums.

fullmooninu

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • fullmooninu's website
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2011, 07:08:53 AM »

Whats the point of having super duper maxed smithed dragon armor if you are a weenie against magic ;_;

Lesson learned. Now i carry a combination of amulets for protection against different types of magic. Master vampires are still able to kill me too easily.

Oh.. and it's fun being thu'umed around the room like a rag doll while being pumped full of critical hits by arrows (master difficulty ftw).

Im coming to the conclusion that alteration is the main skill tree to go to, and i didnt even touch it.This blows.

On a side note, is there any introduction to modding to this? I dont plan to mod anything too complex, just add a few things.
~ this is not fullmooninu's signature http://fullmooninu.blogspot.com ~

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:40 AM »

You're actually out of luck at the moment, since as of the 1.2 patch the magic resistances appear to be broken and nonfunctional.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »

Which sucks because I just made a melee-centric Breton with the Lord sign.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18