Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Eversion  (Read 39160 times)

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Eversion
« on: November 28, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »

Can't beat World 4.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »

No, wait, now i get it

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »

jesus christ

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »

somehow, zara, you have manufactured childhood trauma where none previously existed.

also, i don't know how to beat level 4 either.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »

wait, no. i can beat it. it just fucking sucks ass and you suck for putting it in.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »

Ok, yeah. Look, you need to go back and make the Bridge of Sixty Niggers two-block wide platforms and not one-block wide platforms, because this isn't acceptable.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

I SEE YOU

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:01:35 PM »

I am at the same part at Norondor and I agree, that isn't happening with these hitboxes

BUT

Let me also say that this is my favorite game of yours so far, Zara.  It's awesome from head to toe and actually made me go :O a few times.  Spritework and music is simple and viciously effective.  I'm a whore for the exploration of mood going on here.

Bravo, this is awesome stuff.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 11:03:11 PM »

Let me also say that this is my favorite game of yours so far, Zara.  It's awesome from head to toe and actually made me go :O a few times.  Spritework and music is simple and viciously effective.  I'm a whore for the exploration of mood going on here.

Bravo, this is awesome stuff.

yes, this, seriously. I jumped at the start of level four and was enormously creeped out (until i just became frustrated)

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »

It's possible to get swept up by the [spoiler]red stuff in world 6 and carried along invisibly through the whole level without dying (although you can't escape).[/spoiler]

Also for some reason one of the gems in world 2 refuses to be saved when I restart the game.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Eversion
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 12:01:28 AM »

Eh.  At this point anytime I play an indie game I completely expect it to suddenly turn into hell, subject me to constant heavy breathing, force me to plumb the depths of a trouble psyche, assault me with eldritch abominations or just generally depress me.  The entire subculture seems obsessed with psychological horror.

It's possible to vault over the goal in world 3 and die.

Still can't beat world 4.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Eversion
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 12:12:12 AM »

In the part with the forced scrolling in world 3 there was a point where a stationary enemy was blocking the path.  I could not avoid or defeat him, so I was forced to die.

This seemed like pure bad luck for me, but it still shouldn't happen.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »

In the part with the forced scrolling in world 3 there was a point where a stationary enemy was blocking the path.  I could not avoid or defeat him, so I was forced to die.

This seemed like pure bad luck for me, but it still shouldn't happen.

Depending on what part you're talking about you could either drop down before reaching it, which is advisable to get through that part faster anyway, or if it was after the drop down part inside the bricks, you can clear the tunnel it's in by hopping on the enemy before it to launch yourself up.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 01:11:12 AM »

Ok, yeah. Look, you need to go back and make the Bridge of Sixty Niggers two-block wide platforms and not one-block wide platforms, because this isn't acceptable.

Agree, but two block wide would be too easy. If it's possible, do 1 and 1/2? Or shrink the hitboxes of the claws or the player.

This is coming from someone who likes her games hard as HARD Man, so you should probably tone it down a bit, unless you really want the game to be frustrating.

A checkpoint right in front of that section would also be viable. But not if you actually make it easier, then it's too easy.

The problem isn't the single block bridges. It's the fact that you're exactly as big as the blocks. IWTBG did single block crap allllll the time, but it was doable because you were half as wide, and had double jump to adjust where you would land.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »

I royally suck anytime I have to control a platformer with the arrow keys with my right hand and the jump/action with my left.  So I haven't even gotten past the first auto-scrolling part.  I'd try using a 360 controller, but using a joystick when a D-pad is necessary*  fucks me up too.

Wow I suck. :perfect:

*for some reason the D-pad won't do anything no matter how hard I try on PC games.   But it's a terrible D-pad anyway :shrug:

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »

Agree, but two block wide would be too easy. If it's possible, do 1 and 1/2? Or shrink the hitboxes of the claws or the player.

This is coming from someone who likes her games hard as HARD Man, so you should probably tone it down a bit, unless you really want the game to be frustrating.

A checkpoint right in front of that section would also be viable. But not if you actually make it easier, then it's too easy.

The problem isn't the single block bridges. It's the fact that you're exactly as big as the blocks. IWTBG did single block crap allllll the time, but it was doable because you were half as wide, and had double jump to adjust where you would land.

Yeah, it's not the single blocks, it's the space you can land in being exactly as wide as your hitbox...making it require literally pixel-perfect landing on each jump.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 01:21:12 AM »

[spoiler]Apart from that single part, this is great. Made it past 4 and watching my score crack out at depth 6 was the greatest little touch. This entire concept is great. It's like Silent Hill meets Mario.[/spoiler]

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 01:24:30 AM »

Hell, depth 1 deserves just as much credit.  It's wonderfully cutesy without being parodic.  It's all :D faces and pink blocks and green trees but it still doesn't seem over-the-top, just another day in Zeuxland or whatever until stuff starts winding down.

Does our little star-shaped main character have a name?  I assume this is the little guy's first outing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17