Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 216047 times)

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

NH does not have much in the way of public trans.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »

Hooray for libertarianism?

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »

I've driven my car into school and now work for every day for over 5 years. I'll admit, it is starting to ware on me and I really want to live close enough to where ever I work in future so that I can walk or bike there in the summer.

But my point is that I've done it for 5 years and I could probably do it longer, it's not that bad.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »

So there's really no housing within biking distance of campus?

I mean, I wouldn't want to bike to class in the snow either, but I've done it.  And I'm sure your winters are worse than Flagstaff's, but we DID have a couple bad winters while I was there.

(Obligatory reminder of Arizona geography before someone asks: Flagstaff is located at 7000 feet and resembles Boulder more than Phoenix.)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »

NHTI on Google Maps

The nearest housing is within biking distance, but it passes through many high traffic intersections, shopping plazas, and highway exits, none of which have much in the way of nearby sidewalk.  Depending on conditions and temperature, it may not even work, but then, I guess that's what the car would be for.

Oh, and I don't have a bike anyway, but that's a comparatively small concern.

At any rate, I'm definitely going to do this program, if I get accepted.  I just have no idea how.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »

While I am wording this to sound as whiney as possible, I now have to pack my bags out of goddamned utopiaville in two weeks, leave to learn how to be badass, 20% more sneaky, and while that was expected I now have been tacked on with teaching my first boot camp this goddamned summer. 

At the same time, I planned to go to university in some other town this fall, and coming back to town on the 31st of August is going to make logistical planning a lot harder, considering that I was planning to buy my first car in this province sometime in August (where I live, there's just no need) plus do the moving bit sometime in the last week..

I also have to depend on a stoner roomate to pass on correspondence to my various PO boxes of where I will be living this summer, except that he doesn't know this because he just left this morning to go research the involvement of the Spanish Recolonization of the Pacific Northwest in the 17-1800's. 

I also have a lot of shit

And I need to find a sublet during the summer - FAST  :ohshi~:

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

If Ninja Camp provides worthwhile net access, then logistics can work out.

And hey, fresh meat. Could be rewarding to see your own League of Shadows shape up over the weeks.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

Logistics may be a bit trickier than you think.  When coming home overseas once I can say I tried to find a place in a city using only the internets, and a car. 

Both proved to bomb out. 

I already have mechanics of method in place to make a plan B, as well as a go to hell plan.  They are still undesireable. 

I have looked forward to these prospects before, and once I kick the logistical hurdle in the shins, I will no doubt be able to enjoy how lucky I am. 

Also:  56k :facepalm:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »

Speaking of bad times, anybody have 56k that I could borrow by friday?

Yeah, I ain't talking bandwidth sucka.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »

I hope that you found something to make life go on in an ideal fashion.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

My dog died.

I found out my mom has cancer.

I was in a pretty major car accident in which my car was totaled. Since I could only afford collision insurance, nothing was covered. I was able to get a new car, but literally spent all my savings and college monies on it so may not be taking classes for at least a year, and certainly wont be going away to college.

That sums up my last month or so.

I've vented.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

:sadpanda:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »

:/

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »

Yeesh.  Not much I can say that would be adequate under the circumstances...hope things improve; best wishes for your mom.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »

Ryg, good luck.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »

No real luck to be had. Everything is done with, my mom I guess is dealing in her own way despite pleading otherwise. Other than that, if my life is patterned, I see another good 19 years down the road.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »

Damn it, the wheel on my mouse broke. You guys have no idea how bad I have it.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »

My roommate has a problem with me but she never really made it clear until an hour ago.

I use things. Around the apartment. Many of these things are hers. Some of these things she doesn't mind me using. Some of them she does.

She doesn't tell me which is which. Which leads to the problem of today.

In our living room, there is a television, a stereo, a VCR, a DVD player and a PS2. They're all connected in one way or another. In the past, I've used most of them with no comment from her, and indeed, she left instructions on how to work out the connections when I moved in. Recently, I purchased a memory card and Final Fantasy X-2 (note: I already had some PS2 and PS1 games in my collection, just no system or memcard. This is a fact that she knows). Last night, I played some Disgaea. Today, I saw the PS2 controller gone. I asked about it, and she hit me with this tirade about how I should have asked to use it! She also brought up stuff which had been resolved in the past along similar lines: using something once and getting told to ask, then either (a) asking, and using the thing ad nauseam, (b) buying my own, or (c) never using that thing again.

The thing is, she wasn't around when I used the PS2. That irked her even more, but what flabbergasted me was that I'd left it exactly the way I found it. Not to be sneaky or anything, but out of courtesy, you know, that whole "campsite rule." The fact that she knew gave me flashbacks to Misery.

Me, I don't mind if people use my stuff. If it's (a) outside my room and (b) not food, it's fair game. That not a problem. The problem is that I've used the television and DVD player and radio to no comment, but when I used the PS2, she had an issue with it.

There's a connection between this obsessive attitude of hers and the fact that she can't keep a steady boyfriend, but I'm not vindictive enough to hypothesize.

I will, however, say that it was terribly discourteous of her to look into a job offer for teaching in Korea that would require her to leave at the end of July, a fact I was informed of on Tuesday.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »

We told you buying X-2 would end poorly.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »

A game so bad people will move to Korea to escape it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 173