Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

How fat are you, fatty?

Skinny/underweight
- 6 (18.2%)
Completely fit
- 3 (9.1%)
A little bit of chub
- 14 (42.4%)
Bulky but strong
- 3 (9.1%)
Fat is a good word to use
- 7 (21.2%)
MAN THE HARPOONS
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Gettin' In Shape!  (Read 17686 times)

clutch

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Gettin' In Shape!
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

Ideally, I'd just love a single app where I can sit down and monitor my progress across cardio, lift and diet.

Pick two. FitBit app sucks for tracking lifts. When you log it as an activity, lifts are all bunched under "Weight lifting (free weight, nautlius, or universal-type), power lifting or body building" with options for "light" or "vigorous" activity. You quantify by TIME. If you're only looking to show calories burned that's probably all you need, but it's no rep-logger. Speaking of, which app do you use for that?

Back to the device. I got a Force myself, but I'm not sold on the elevation tracking yet. I live and work in two-story buildings, yet over the course of a day I only racked up 5 floors yesterday. I'm sure it only counts elevation gained, but on the other hand it's fucking supernatural how forgetful I am, so I'm always up and down the steps. Will see if this improves.

A couple things if you get one... 1) Get the Force over the Flex. It's water-resistant, which you'd think would be Day-One shit for electronics that you strap to your sweaty, disgusting body, but the Flex is not. My coworker Eric water-damaged 3 Flexes before giving up on them all together. 2) Order now, or be ready to wait. Mine was ordered in late October, but couldn't be fulfilled until last week. Not sure if they're intentionally throttling supply, or if it will just be Christmas of the Fitbits.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
Re: Gettin' In Shape!
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »

I got a Flex for my wife for Christmas (before seeing this thread :( ). I wasn't all that familiar with these things, but she's interested in its sleep monitoring business. I'm sure once she has it she'll make me get one too, so maybe we'll get her a Force and I'll take her Flex at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]