Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Applepocalypse  (Read 41644 times)

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Applepocalypse
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »

I don't see what was unclear about Thad's post at all.  It's okay to bitch about Apple in this thread, as long as the bitching is rational. 

I don't give a damn who started the thread. The point is you're complaining about someone bitching irrationally about Apple in a thread who's entire purpose is to bitch about Apple.

This post implies that you see nothing wrong with IRRATIONAL bitching in this thread, which Thad has a problem with.  Of course people shouldn't be making irrational arguments on this board.

Now you can go ahead and claim you were ONLY JOKING when you made that post.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »

No, I wasn't joking, but it's kind of stupid to assume that (sub-forum rules notwithstanding) a thread devoted to complaints will be full of measured, well-considered critiques (I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you!).

And that's setting aside the fact that TA's comments were somewhat hyperbolic, but not exactly irrational.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »

all of the music that I care enough to actualy buy and rip from the CD is in mp4 format.

Why don't you just rip it to another format?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »

Okay, I use iTunes, and I can't 100% follow the malware claim that TA is making.  Yes, for a while safari classified itself as a 'necessary update' in the apple application updater, however I review that shit and unchecked it every time they did a content push/update.  Later on they put it in another box on the updater where it was not checked by default.  I use still use iTunes and as far as  I can tell, I still don't have safari installed.  It's annoying and persistent, but I don't think it's malware.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »

No, I wasn't joking, but it's kind of stupid to assume that (sub-forum rules notwithstanding) a thread devoted to complaints will be full of measured, well-considered critiques (I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you!).

Catloaf aside, I do generally expect people to make non-idiotic posts here.  Even if I did expect stupid posts to be prevalent on this board, I sure as hell wouldn't be defending their existence.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »

generally

Something something Eureka.

Even if I did expect stupid posts to be prevalent on this board, I sure as hell wouldn't be defending their existence.

At any rate, my cynicism about Niku's complaint does not a defense of TA make. Though I did offer a half-assed defense after TA explained himself.

Are we done dropping dirt on this molehill yet?

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »

well hopefully not, because you're still wrong
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2010, 06:12:36 AM »

all of the music that I care enough to actualy buy and rip from the CD is in mp4 format.

Why don't you just rip it to another format?
:>_>:

Actually, my DVD drive doesn't work at the moment anyway.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »

Okay, I use iTunes, and I can't 100% follow the malware claim that TA is making.  Yes, for a while safari classified itself as a 'necessary update' in the apple application updater, however I review that shit and unchecked it every time they did a content push/update.  Later on they put it in another box on the updater where it was not checked by default.  I use still use iTunes and as far as  I can tell, I still don't have safari installed.  It's annoying and persistent, but I don't think it's malware.

I don't know if it's changed in the last two years, but when I last had an ipod, the software installed a bunch of extras, ran in the background 100% of the time, and left shit behind after the install that ran in the background and collected system data. When I killed the processes they restarted themselves. I ended up having to get a cleaning tool off of Apple's website to fully remove everything.

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »

Catloaf aside, I do generally expect people to make non-idiotic posts here.  Even if I did expect stupid posts to be prevalent on this board, I sure as hell wouldn't be defending their existence.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »

hey guys guess who just got a HIP AND TRENDY DEVICE with extended warranty, screen protector, and awesome pink and black rubber case thingy?

ack oh god i'm slipping on all this money

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »

Well, Apple being more than ten times the size of Adobe hasn't stood in the way of bitching and moaning about Adobe trying to "bully" Apple.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »

go away ta
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

all of the music that I care enough to actualy buy and rip from the CD is in mp4 format
I'm assuming you're using iTunes for ripping.  It probably has an option to rip to mp3.  If it doesn't, just use EAC to rip your music.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »

My company issues Blackberries to the middle managers and iPhones to higher executives.

Come to think of it, massive security fuckups aren't so mind-boggling after all.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »

all of the music that I care enough to actualy buy and rip from the CD is in mp4 format
I'm assuming you're using iTunes for ripping.  It probably has an option to rip to mp3.  If it doesn't, just use EAC to rip your music.
As of right now (I also just bought a new DVD drive) I'm using this thing called dbpoweramp which works really really well. It was a very pleasant surprise for freeware.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »

Forgive me if I fuck up this link:

http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Apple-is-the-new-AOL-and-whoa-that-cant-be-a-good-thing

Apparently Sharkey's not the only one who thinks Apple's going the Internet for Mouthbreathers route.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

Link doesn't work, but this one should.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26