Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 86464 times)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #820 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »

(I'll accept Water Walking but... Fire Resist? As a Tiefling I.)

(hey, in Briar's defense, she is suffering from blood loss.)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 11, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »

Francisca catches the potion pretty un-gracefully, fumbling with it a bit before it lands in her backpack, which, thankfully, has a bit of padding between the books. She grabs her portion of the gold and dumps it into her money pouch. "I'm glad I follow the deity of Freedom, and not the deity of not robbing graves, It seems like all the best treasure is buried with people."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 18, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

Next adventure begins shortly. You now reach level 3. Please send me your updated character sheets by the usual means.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 21, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »

The Rynwold Pantheon, Part 3: Out of the Fire

The ancient scroll you uncovered is written in the sharp angles of the ancient Supernal script. As Francisca peers over it, a translation comes into view through the golden monocle she took from the demon in the dwarven temple.

It's an ancient version of the last page of a holy text named The Rynwold Pantheon. The words in red appear in this text but are completely omitted from the modern printings. It's very strange, since as any student of theology knows (DC10, Pitamaha automatically passes), the historical accuracy of the modern printings has been verified by the strongest divination spells.

As you recover your stamina from the last battle, the sound of marching feet and clinking armour approaches.

You've all increased to level 3 after the last encounter.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »

Francisca hears the marching, and rolls up the parchment and puts it in a parchment case she has attached to her backpack. "We'll look at it in more detail later.", she says to Pitamaha, and walks towards where the sound is coming from.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »

"The Slain One," whispered Pitamaha. "Praise Amethyst, I - what? Pray excuse me. By all means, let us keep moving for now."
...but is it art?

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »

(I have Francisca and Pitamaha's character sheet. Still need Briar, Vivi and Ampersand to level up.)

A squad of at least forty soldiers approach, wearing chainmail with red tabards and shields. At their head is the paladin Tyrin, the same person who gave you your first mission to recover a stolen sword from the dwarven temple.

He glares at the stone altar, where the headless body lies covered in blood, next to the body of an otherworldly monster.

"Looks like our report was accurate. By the authority of the Knights of Catharsus, you are all under arrest for human sacrifice. Surrender peacefully or we will capture you by force."

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 23, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »

(levels keep changing, but high school girls and links stay the same)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »

(new sheet here)

Briar regards the soldiers for a moment. She knows her group is outclassed by a large margin, but there's still a cold feeling in her gut, like this wasn't just coincidence. She leans forward to Fransisca.

"That priest guy probably sic 'em on us to cover up something." She whispers. "You gotta tell 'im we were set up, Franny!"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 23, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »

Just to clarify what's on Briar's sheet, the axe is +1 but has an additional +1 against creatures of a larger size class. Against normal enemies, it has +1 attack and damage, or +1d6 damage on a critical hit. Against Large size or greater, it has +1 attack and +2 damage, or +1d6+1 damage on a critical hit. Large creatures and above take up multiple squares on the grid, and the axe feels eager to fight when such creatures are present.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »

Francisca smiles and walks towards the men, "Greetings, paladin, it's very nice to see you again. I know what this looks like, and it is perfectly reasonable for you to assume that, But, what we have done is disposed of a monster that was attacking and terrorising the populace of this fair town. All of our actions were directed by the town priest, i'm sure if you'll ask him, he'll confirm this, if not, I need to have a word to him about honesty."

She turns around and points to the body. "If you'll check this body, it was long dead before we performed this grisly, though unfortunately necessary action. We needed to perform this ritual to make the beast vulnerable, The body in question was already a victim of the beast,e, so there's a certain irony in the situation, if irony is something you enjoy, noble paladin." She turns back to them. "All we have done today is provided this town with a service, we've removed a danger to the people, our worst crime is desecrating remains, but, I'm sure you'll agree that in the circumstances, that was a necessary evil, will you not? Definitely preferable to the deaths of more citizens of this fine land."

[Diplomacy with words of friendship, 1d20 +15  [16 + 15 = 31]]

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 24, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »

"Given the circumstances... I might be willing to drop the charges. Desecrating remains is still a crime in this hold, but not a capital offence. Your words today have saved your life."

The other soldiers grumble. "Tyrin's going soft in his old age," you hear one say.

"Nevertheless," the paladin continues, "Your accomplice Father Kerin is not so lucky. We arrested him this morning, based on an anonymous tip-off. For a priest to even permit a pagan ritual violates a sacred rule. Our orders are to bring him and his accomplices in to be tried."

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 24, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

I fear they seek to delay our investigation.
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 24, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

Gain +5 HP, Learn a New Encounter(Otherwind Stride.) That's right. I can teleport AGAIN.

Vivi blinks and just stares at all the fearsome knights, then whispers to Grandpa. "Do they feed prisoners?"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »

Francisca turns and walks over to the others, "What do you think? I don't believe I can convince him not to take us in, We can definitely beat the charges, and hopefully get the priest off the hook too. We can make the case that we were doing it to save an entire town from an otherworldly monster, which is a pretty good case to make. It's a waste of time, going to trial and all that, but it's better than being dead." She thinks for a little bit, and then smiles, "I think i've got an angle on this, though."

She turns to the Paladin. "I still don't really understand the charges, is it better to let a town be terrorised by an otherworldly monster, which now that I think about it, was probably summoned here using a pagan ritual, you might want to look into your anonymous tipper, because who else would benefit from you guys coming here and arresting us and the priest other than the person who is creating all the trouble? Now, i'm sure you don't want to be seen as the person who arrested the wrong people, and let more townspeople die while taking us back to the city." She looks over towards the town. "You follow the avenger, and what's more worthy of avenging? Murder or a pagan ritual to stop the murder?"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 24, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »

The paladin thinks for a moment.

"Very well! We shall put the charges on hold for now. Find me the man in the village responsible for unleashing this creature, and all charges against you will be dropped. Father Kerin's punishment will be significantly lessened. But if you fail, expect no mercy! You have three days."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 24, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »

Francisca smiles and bows. "Your grace and honour know no bounds, we will assist you in providing justice for the slain villagers!"

She walks over to the others, "Okay, any ideas, guys?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2012, 03:33:17 AM »

"I want to eat three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners before we're executed."

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2012, 04:25:25 AM »

Ampersand was impressed by Francisca's ability to talk down Paladins. They were generally quick to throw anyone near a scene like this in an execution line if not a cell, and getting them to let you walk away is certainly easier than having to run.

Hey, maybe it wasn't just her though, maybe this guy really were just crazy or stupid. This required more investigation. Meandering over towards the human corpse as the paladin discusses the group's need to find the culprit, he picks up the detached head by the hair. Blood and chunks of something that was probably pretty vital at one point fall out of the neckhole and start to stain Ampersand's arm as his other hand clenches the cold cheeks, squeezing them again and again to simulate speech as the rogue tries to mask his own voice.

"Oh no, they're on to me!" the 'head' remarks, "Quickly Romando, run!" Ampersand shouts, and flings the head as deep into the woods as he can manage.

(Bluff = 11)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 25, 2012, 04:27:06 AM »

(Once Ampersand is in jail I guess we can just travel somewhere else for a new adventure.)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 101