Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Cataclysm Ultra-thread  (Read 52257 times)

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm Ultra-thread
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 12:10:17 AM »

So does Cataclysm herald the return of Dispel pulling, then?  It's just not the same on Phoebe as it was on Madrea.

norn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »

one character for 10s, one character for 25s. a new age is upon us. the age of doing content twice a week at minimum.

.. WAIT A MINUTE.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »

The first part of the pre-cataclysm event has started, so it's probably a good sign that we're getting close to Blizzard announcing a release date. I'm thinking a block between late October and mid-late November. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Cataclysm events play out, as we've only really gotten a sampling of the Gnomer/Echo Isles event from the test realms. Given that Cataclysm takes place post-grimtotem rebellion and post destruction of Stormwind, it's probably a good bet that we'll also see both of those events before the launch. Wish I hadn't pushed all my cards over to the allied side, as the horde events seem much cooler.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »

I hope Cataclysm is a little later than that.  As much as I want it to be out now, and as much as I know the beta is always a few iterations behind internal builds, well....

Yeah.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »

There's no way Cataclysm launches post-christmas. They did it with BC, but that was before Activision took over. They're probably rocking crunch time pretty hard now and the beta builds are just being used for polish-up. I could see launch as late as mid-December, but that's honestly pushing it, I just don't see it happening any later than that.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »

I'm not saying it will be later, just that there's so much shit that flat-out doesn't work that I can't see it being at all a good launch.

As much as Blizzard keeps saying "lol numbers are ez dont worry gus," there is a SHITTON of stuff that just hasn't even been started to be balanced yet, let alone all the stuff that isn't in or flat doesn't work.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »

Assuming they have 100 people on the development team (this is the number of people who were developing MW2, according to the official playstation magazine, and it's the same company so it sounds fair) and assuming each person's working 60+ hours a week (crunch time), we're still talking 48,000+ manhours of time, not to mention the tens of thousands of manhours being logged on the beta servers by free playtesters. If they can't get the game balanced in the next two months, I really question the efficiency of Blizzard's operation.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »

So what are these events, anyway? I assume it's some kind of new quest chains in old areas to phase in some Cataclysm content?

norn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »

the relevant information is that you get a 4hr cooldown/30 minute duration buff item that turns you into a troll or gnome, which is why i have to fucking resub a month early because the event won't last forever god damn it

also there's a feat of strength.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »

Motherfucking resubbed.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »

I resubbed a few days ago because I felt like 4 months was a decent break and it'd be entertaining to be a Rogue in a Battleground for 2-3 hours a week.

It would seem that I simply have incredibly good timing.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

That was a highly entertaining twenty minutes, but I'm still glad I had any other motivation to re-up at all!

norn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

my motivation is to farm old legendaries from TBC for a meaningless guild achievement

GET

HYPE

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »

I have 6 Sulfuron Ingots I've farmed up while I'm waiting for Eye of Sulfuras to drop. Lots of various cores in hopes of a Binding drop, as well. A great deal of Elementium has passed through my hands as well, but I mostly sell that off due to demand for the AQ quest line.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »

Turns out the Gnomer quest breaks if you go too far ahead, forcing a reset and causing everyone to wait 15 minutes for it to finish

Also the elites will suddenly rape whoever's near them when this happens.

::(:

norn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »

I have 6 Sulfuron Ingots I've farmed up while I'm waiting for Eye of Sulfuras to drop. Lots of various cores in hopes of a Binding drop, as well. A great deal of Elementium has passed through my hands as well, but I mostly sell that off due to demand for the AQ quest line.
had all the mats for sulfuron save the eye
had all the mats for thunderfury save the bindings
sold them all when i cancelled

whoops

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »

The troll quest is decent at least. The last stage is a little buggy, so I didn't actually get to do that just yet.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

had all the mats for sulfuron save the eye
had all the mats for thunderfury save the bindings
sold them all when i cancelled

whoops

Fun fact. After I made that post, someone was buying Sulfuron ingots right then and there - but they weren't offering enough. (600g per ingot? I'll need a little more than that to part with an item this rare and annoying to get.)

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »

I did the Troll quest, but I don't have any alliance characters high enough level to take part in the last stage of the gnome quest (min 75). Is there a feat of strength for the undead plague event they did for WotLK, or does having the Tabard of the Protector and this one make me the King of Expansion Hype.

norn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:04 AM »

just the tabard

e: you also need haunted memento for max credibility

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile