Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: That Spider-Man Thread  (Read 4917 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: That Spider-Man Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »

Tough break, Miles Morales

Wrong dead Peter Parker. This is The Superior Spider-Man, the one whose mind was swapped with a dying Doctor Octopus'.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »

Of course, we're both assuming there ever actually was a child.

It still works if you think of the child as an abstraction. Dan Slott wallows in controversy.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »

You know, I really love the Octopus run. It's been handled perfectly. They showed a few possible outs at the very beginning and promptly squashed them. They then showed Octopus letting his Parker mask slip too much and having the ladies of Parker's life (all his exes, funnily enough) figure it out and hunt down clues to solve this mystery. Everything is coming to a head.

Of course he's fucking coming back. What, are they going to arrest Spider-man-Not-Spider-man and bring out another Miles Morales to be a Not-Spider-man-Spider-man again? No. That'd be genius. They're going to pull a boring timey-wimey rabbit pull and we get Peter, back good as never and we can go back to the bright shiny sadsack we always had.  Marvel, missing the perfect opportunity to poke fun at itself, won't do a "The devil did it" again.

I've got to say, this run has been the ballsiest thing they've done in years and they've done it swimmingly. I was hoping it'd go on for a little long but the movie coming out probably set the schedule in stone. Hopefully, they'll  shake up Pete a bit. I mean, being Ock has given him a lot of good with the terrible bad (that will probably be handwaved) and it'd be nice to see things going great for him like they were before... well, a few months before the good doctor took over.

Man, that new cover is a thing of god damn beauty. I think I'll get a print of it and hang it on my wall.

EDIT: God damn it. Fucking Norman Osborn is going to be the one who brings Pete back, isn't he? Fucking christ.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »

Japanese Spider-Man is the REAL Superior Spider-Man

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 01:52:24 AM »

I've got to say, this run has been the ballsiest thing they've done in years and they've done it swimmingly. I was hoping it'd go on for a little long but the movie coming out probably set the schedule in stone. Hopefully, they'll  shake up Pete a bit. I mean, being Ock has given him a lot of good with the terrible bad (that will probably be handwaved) and it'd be nice to see things going great for him like they were before... well, a few months before the good doctor took over.

Well, there's one other thing to remember: odds are pretty good this ends with Ock dead (again) and then they'll have to work out a way to bring HIM back in a year or two.

Japanese Spider-Man is the REAL Superior Spider-Man

ITALIAN SPIDERMAN

Italian Spiderman Trailer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]