Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Persona 4: Specs Appeal  (Read 22112 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: Persona 4: Specs Appeal
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

Okay so I finally get it.  Izanagi is pretty much done gaining powers damn near when you get him.  So the only better version of him is apparently something that takes fucktons of effort for some super hyper fusion mode.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »

You have to beat the game first, yeah.

Persona should be changed out constantly; they level much slower than you and stop being useful almost when you get them, unless you have completed their social link and gain 5 levels when you make them. Just keep cycling them as your P.Level goes up.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »

I finally just picked it up. I already like Chie more than just about every character from P3.

Also, it's been over 2 god damned hours and the game still hasn't begun in earnest.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2009, 10:13:41 PM »

Oh my god!  VOID DUNGEON IS THE BEST.

I am mildly pissed off that I lack the power and items to do this quest the first night it comes up.  All the way to the zone boss AND his fucking little key, and I'm at half SP with not enough money to buy it back.  Grrr.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »

Oh my god!  VOID DUNGEON IS THE BEST.

I am mildly pissed off that I lack the power and items to do this quest the first night it comes up.  All the way to the zone boss AND his fucking little key, and I'm at half SP with not enough money to buy it back.  Grrr.

the fucking  BGM  there got stuck in my head for like a week

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »

It's STILL stuck in my head. I like to play the soundtrack in my car and when I get around to that track I crank it up.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »

You know what I've always hated? SMT's love affair with instant death attacks. Doubly obnoxious since the game ends if the main character gets KO'd in battle, and he's no more immune to it than any other given character.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2009, 06:49:23 AM »

I am absolutely giddy that there are attacks with ALMIGHTY damage.  There are no resistances or weaknesses to it ever.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:27 AM »

You know what I've always hated? SMT's love affair with instant death attacks. Doubly obnoxious since the game ends if the main character gets KO'd in battle, and he's no more immune to it than any other given character.

Well, there are items you can equip, and there are certain Personas that block them, and (as long as it isn't an all attack) other party members will commonly take your place once you have enough relationship points.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »

In 3, at least, as long as you had a Homunculus in your inventory, you'd lose that instead of your protagonist dying.  Don't they have anything similar this time around?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »

I've got one in my inventory in P4.  I think I got it by mailing in 3 prize stickers and ordering a rare item.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2009, 07:15:25 AM »

Yeah, they do seem unnecessarily difficult to get.  In 3 you have to trade two relatively rare gemstones to the antique shop.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2009, 07:54:39 AM »

Oh sure, there are ways to protect yourself from death magic. Later on. I just started playing. And it wasn't actually Hama or Mudo that got me; it was this spell that kills you if you've been infected with Fear.

But, one of the things I liked about Persona 3 were the three types of Physical attacks (Strike, Slash and Pierce), and I was disappointed that the left that out but decided to keep the two different branches of instant death magic.

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »

In the last dungeon now and I'm pretty sure not even one instant death attack has succeeded on me in the whole game.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »

I have to grind more, I had some trouble with void dungeon boss.  It's not that he's particularly hard, it's just how long you have to endure to get a chance to actually deal damage to the part that matters.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

I can't stand his squeaky feet anymore.  But he's SO good in a party!  Dammit.  I swear to god if he shouts BEARSONA one more time......

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »

he's not as good as yukiko anyway

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2009, 11:10:39 AM »

I just stuck with the first four party members (Hero, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko) and did fine. Chie started to lose her effectiveness around the 3/4s point of the game, when everyone else got their -dyne spells, but she came back strong when she got her final physical attack and I would use Power Charge+whatever the move was called (God Hand? maybe).

I think the first thing I would change about P4 is that I would have all the party members, active or not, gain levels at the same rate. It would have been nice to use certain characters in certain dungeons [spoiler]I think that Naoto would have been useful in Heaven[/spoiler], but it's not worth it if another important character doesn't gain any experience and falls behind for the following dungeon.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2009, 12:39:10 PM »

yeah, chie starts falling behind around 50-60 but makes an AMAZING comeback with Godhand and Agneyastra. Get her an item that gives her Arms Master and she is god tier.

Naoto is in fact really useful, since i don't like keeping mudo/hama around all that much, and she can do awesome damage to bosses with physical spells and mind charge+megido... she's just really SP-hungry. she also has no weaknesses, which is really nice against some (well actually, many) bosses.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »

I just got to [spoiler]Shadow Kanji[/spoiler] and his Cho Aniki, and the thing that's getting me isn't how difficult he's being but how quickly I'm seeing dreaded three days of rain. It feels like I've only had about a week to beat the current dungeon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15