Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

Author Topic: I'm a Star Wars  (Read 37923 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a Star Wars
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »

That face.

That is not a happy face.

Also, why the hell is Donald a stormtrooper and Goofy Vader rather than vice-versa?

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »

I think that IS his happy face.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:51 PM »

Donald's not a stormtrooper, Donald is Han Solo disguised as a stormtrooper!

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »

Also, why the hell is Donald a stormtrooper and Goofy Vader rather than vice-versa?

Goofy murdered Max's mom.

Donald's not a stormtrooper, Donald is Han Solo disguised as a stormtrooper!

Does that mean Donald ends up hooking up with Minnie?  ... have Mickey and Minnie been brother and sister this whole time?  Or is he being Obi-wan?  Aaaagh nothing makes sense any more.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

We are Mickeymus. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2012, 05:03:03 AM »

I don't know, I guess I'm the only one that wishes this was Genndy Tartakovsky first live action feature?

EDIT: Well fuck! He's contracted to Sony :(

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »

You're talking in terms of a Third Trilogy.  Episodes 7, 8, 9, linked together the way 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6 were.  That's not quite what's happening, though.  Disney isn't doing Another Trilogy, they're doing it like James Bond.  New movie every couple years, new plots, maybe recurring villains but not really sequels.  "With this many characters to develop and stories to tell, Disney plans to release a new Star Wars feature film every two or three years for the foreseeable future."

That more likely means that Episode 7 is a story, Episode 8 is a different story, etc.

Per Deadline, Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) has written treatments for 3 films.  Sounds like a trilogy to me, even if they move straight into Episode 10 afterward.

The Vulture, which scooped the story, lists Bird on a wish list of directors, alongside the (less likely, IMO) Abrams and Spielberg.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »

Episodes 8 and 9 will be written by Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg; not sure who's writing which yet.

Kasdan co-wrote Empire (yay!) and Jedi (yay?), and also wrote Raiders (yay!).

Kinberg wrote...X-Men 3.

But hey!  Lawrence Kasdan!

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2013, 09:22:59 AM »

Brian Wood and Carlos D'anda's Star Wars #1 is out, and it's good!

It starts out with three pages of talking -- but hell, it's Star Wars; it's always been big action set pieces separated by slow buildups.

The conversation's mostly between Luke and Leia (with Wedge along for the ride); they're both off-center after the events of the first movie.  Leia has the weight of Alderaan on her shoulders, and Luke doesn't know what the hell to do with himself -- he destroyed the Death Star but now he's back to being a guy who just lost the only friends and family he's ever known, plus the one guy who seemed to have a working idea of what he should be doing with himself.

Later in the issue, we see those sentiments echoed in Han -- roped into the Rebellion by his own moment of heroism and now facing death warrants throughout the Empire -- and Vader, who's still feeling the sting of defeat and humiliation, but who, more than that, is troubled by his son's sudden appearance on the Rebel side.

All of this is really pretty great character stuff, exactly the kind of thing I've said I want to see in Episode 7 when it rolls around.  And because this is Star Wars, the bombastic, over-the-top narrative captions fit perfectly and enhance the mood, rather than being an unnecessary distraction.

But aside from all that, there's action.  I haven't seen D'anda's work before but he's good; he walks the "draw the character, not the actor" line, he keeps Wood's talky-talky scenes dynamic, and he really cuts loose in the action scenes.  There's a reason that the preview pages they kept showing were Leia's X-wing crash and subsequent takedown of the TIE that had been pursuing her: those really ARE the best two pages of the book.  Though I gotta say I love his Vader sequence at the end, too.

On the whole, it's good shit.  I don't know how long it's going to run what with Disney planning to move the license back to Marvel, but I think I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  (And hell, it's not out of the question that Wood would continue the series at Marvel; he's been doing some work for them lately and, from what I understand, selling pretty well.)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »

JJ Abrams to direct Episode 7

Oddly enough, that seems a better fit than JJ Abrams directing Star Trek.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »

yay

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »

I want him to make a slow, thoughtful film about a group of characters exploring the galaxy, just to balance things out.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

Well seeing as he already made episodes 7 and 8, it'll be a good fit.  :whoops:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »

Iger confirms plans to do movies featuring individual characters, not just numbered sequels.  AICN claims that Yoda, Boba Fett, Jabba, and Darth Maul are all under consideration.

Maybe they could do one with a character who DOESN'T die.

(Yes, yes, I know, EU has it that Maul and Fett both survive.  I even hear the Darth Maul episodes of Clone Wars have been pretty solid.  But still, it's kinda interesting that all four of those characters have that in common...)

RoboticDinosaur

• [Custom Title]
  • TOTAL DORK
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

Personally, I think a Boba Fett movie would be awesome, though modern Hollywood would probably mess it up by adding in a goofy sidekick or a love interest.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »

Ninja are a lot less cool when you see the hours of setting up before their awesome traps are sprung.

Also when you hear them talk and have learned they used to be crybabies and have identical-yet-worse gimmicks than their dad did thirty years earlier.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »

Also Boba Fett always kinda sucked.  A neat hat does not make for an interesting character.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22