Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Worst Batman Thread Ever  (Read 48157 times)

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Batman Thread Ever
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »

TV Spot 3

Quote from: Terrible Audio
Bruce
I need a new suit

Lucius
Three buttons is a littles nineties, Mr. Wayne.

Planning out a Gotham Night + Dark Knight event in July, and I might have to start turning people away already due to overcrowding.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »

Still digesting #676.  Should probably hit up Wikipedia to find out what obscure references I missed.  (EDIT: Wikipedia is no help; it merely has a rote plot summary.  And Nrama appears to be down ATM, which is probably for the best as I really should be getting to bed since I have a house full of people coming tomorrow.)

Noticed the checklist with all the tie-in titles.  This damn thing had better still make sense without me having to pick up Robin and Nightwing.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »

Detective #844 concludes the Ventriloquist arc, and confirms that yes, all those self-contained stories Dini's been writing HAVE been sprinkling clues about a larger arc.

Very satisfying; as I've said before, Dini's always done a great job with Zatanna and Scarface.  I particularly liked how, in the flashbacks, Scarface uses G's for B's; I don't know if that's a Dini thing or if previous writers used that detail, but Batman HAD previously observed that Peyton is a better ventriloquist than Wesker.

All in all, a swell origin story for a promising new villain.  I doubt we've seen the last of her.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »

Batman #677: a bunch of pieces of the puzzle flying out all at once.  Some of the more obvious theories are broached: is Jezebel Jet an enemy?  Is Batman suffering from multiple personality disorder and trying to destroy himself?  The file that Sheldrake gives to Gordon is very interesting, and of course the biggest question is whether it's a plant or if it's actually all true, if the Wayne household was in fact far less idyllic than Bruce has always remembered it.

[spoiler]Could Thomas still be alive?  Doubtful.  Could this be an act of revenge by some heretofore-unknown member of Martha's family?  Perhaps.[/spoiler]

There's another possibility that occurs to me:

Alfred.

He knows Bruce better than anybody, he has access to all his resources, and has his full and complete trust.  And here's where the Morrisony obsession with old continuity comes in: he's gone rogue before.

Wiki:
Ironically, Alfred's loyalty would lead him to become a member of Batman's rogue's gallery. While pushing Batman and Robin out of the way of a falling boulder, Alfred was seemingly killed in Detective #328 (June 1964). It was revealed in Detective #356 (October 1966) that he had been revived by a scientist named Brandon Crawford. His attempt at regeneration resulted in a dramatic change: Alfred awoke from his apparent death with pasty white skin with circular markings, superhuman powers, including telekinesis, and a desire to destroy Batman and Robin. Calling himself The Outsider, he indirectly battled the Dynamic Duo on a number of occasions, using others as his puppets – the Grasshopper Gang in Detective #334, Zatanna in Detective #336, and even the Batmobile itself in Detective #340 – and generally only appeared as a mocking voice over the radio. He did not physically appear in the comics until Detective #356, when he is bathed again in the rays of the regeneration machine during a struggle with Batman, and returns to normal, with no memory of his time as a supervillain. His time as the Outsider is put together in Showcase presents: Batman Volumes 1 & 2.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.  It jibes with Sheldrake's comments: "He's an ACTOR!  Guess he fooled you too, Gordon, just like he did the WAYNES."  He also throws out the Pennyworth/Beagle duality.  Best guess is that Alfred, not Batman, is the one who's been hiding a split personality.

I think that last page means more than it appears to.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »

Detective #845: good solid Dini mystery story.  Selina's cameo was nice, and I LOVE the idea of a bunch of the DCU's greatest detectives hanging out in a chatroom trading notes.

Not really looking forward to next month's RIP tie-in with Hush, but we'll see how it goes.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

Two-Face Footage, first shown nearly a year ago at Wizard World Chicago.

"Where Is Harvey Dent?" Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zKQYpjpiE&fmt=18

Tickets on sale Friday.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

Anime Scarecrow Showdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ycDbD3uCm4

... And a less impressive meeting with Gordon.

The teeth are too prominent. New Gordon's voice not that impressive. Lines delivered too slow or too fast. Nice to see some atypical animation all the same.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »

Anime Scarecrow Showdown:

Green gas is a drink.

Batman actually saying, out loud, that it is gas is a second drink.

... And a less impressive meeting with Gordon.

The teeth are too prominent. New Gordon's voice not that impressive. Lines delivered too slow or too fast. Nice to see some atypical animation all the same.

Hard to draw much conclusion from what little we see of him; hoping there's more and that he does more to distinguish himself.  Didn't really have a complaint about the teeth, but yeah, his delivery was flat.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »

TV Spot 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIi1XjO6ajQ

HD.

Yeah.

OK.

He's The Joker.

:popcorn:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »

Azzarello's doing a Joker book for Vertigo.

He did a couple of books for Marvel's adult line, Max, a few years back, so I expect something similar.

The question is, similar to what?  My recollection was the Banner was fantastic and Cage was awful -- but that both had gorgeous art by Corben.

Corben's not doing this book, someone named Lee Bermejo is.  I'm not familiar with his work, but a quick Google search shows me that he draws a hell of a Joker.

Also, it's told from the perspective of one of the Joker's henchmen, making it my favorite kind of story, the man-on-the-street narrative.

So I kinda want the thing, but hardcover sounds expensive.  I'd rather see it serialized (and Azzarello gives the rather contradictory statement that he prefers monthly books later in the interview), but failing that, maybe I'll wait for the paperback.

Then again, I still haven't picked up Year 100, and despite my initial misgivings of it being a straight-up DKR knockoff, both my uncles gave it their seal of approval, so it's probably higher on my to-buy list.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »

Spots 7, 8, and 9 actually went up the day after 6.

Twelve clips were released on IESB, taken down, and then appeared on IGN.

Reviews are trickling in, and the hyperbole is palpable.

A new promotional site (with updated trailer) is getting hammered today, so best of luck breaking in.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Imagery Unload
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2008, 12:31:31 AM »

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2008, 12:09:39 AM »

:happy: The cashier ran out of paper.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Joker Party Crashing Scene

:mahboi: That's Senator Patrick Leahy at the end.

Quote from: wiki
A big fan of the Batman comics, Leahy lent his voice in an episode of Batman: The Animated Series as a Governor in a western tale involving Ra's al Ghul and Jonah Hex. He also appeared as a cameo in Batman and Robin, and will have another cameo in the upcoming film The Dark Knight.

The Bandai figure out in August has an interesting Super Sentai air about itself:

:derp: ~The Dark Night~

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »

Consider Batman: Gotham Knight is it 6 short stories with different animations based on each creator, or is it rather 6 short stories same animation and different creator's.

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »

Is that a cute way of saying it's all done in Korea?

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »

HE'S SINGIN' IN KOREAN
HE'S SINGIN' IN KOREAN
HE'S SINGIN' IN KOREAN
HE'S SINGIN' -- IN KOREEEEEEEAN!

:wat:

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »

You're losing it, Boyd.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »

Spots 10 & 11 are reused footage, but 12 & 13 are altogether new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lo578I-HIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txAxi34N_4

Wizard World 2007 Footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rw3-0BOyXo

:popcorn: Up to 32 guests. Time to call for reserved seating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30