Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101028 times)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #500 on: October 29, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »

Minecraft Halloween Preview - IndieGames.com

This video shows the ghasts in action, they look pretty neat and not as big a problem as we thought they might be.  Looks like it'll be a fun time!

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 29, 2010, 06:55:16 AM »

So I've had this error for a week or so
Minecraft Error

I've checked several forums and posted there but they all told me to replace my bin folder and do this and that.

The problem I have is with the individual save. No idea how to fix that. Any one have a clue?

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

This update looks so good.

Lottel: Find a save editor like NBTedit and crank up your health or move yourself back to spawn.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 29, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 29, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »

Lottel: Find a save editor like NBTedit and crank up your health or move yourself back to spawn.

Ugh. Took me forever. But I did it. Now to spend hours making torches and finding obsidian.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 29, 2010, 07:23:23 PM »

When I advised you to delete the bin folder, it sounded like it was crashing on the menu before you even managed to click single/multi/options. If that is incorrect, then I apologize for the bad advice.
signature

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 29, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »

Nah. That's what a LOT of people advised. Delete the bin folder. Unzip the .jar and replace a few files. Delete these two folders. Delete it all and redownload.

It took me a while to remember the problem was with my save file.
It's kind of obvious and I am a dumb for not doing anything about it sooner.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #507 on: October 30, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »

hey0's server mod has a plugin that allows, quote, "protecting, removing, filling and replacing user selected areas of the game world"

I played on a server today that used this. While we don't know how it's going to be affected by Sunday's update, I'd highly recommend we use the hey0 mod and some of the plugins. The server I played on had a variety of features, including the ability to /sethome to relocate individual spawn points (but which doesn't affect compasses—they still point to the original spawn), /warp to teleport players to any location an admin has keyworded, player privileges which prevent unsolicited visitors from being able to access the contents of chests or destroy any existing blocks, rollback commands to either restore the entire server or selected portions, the admin ability to move entire pieces of landscape, an admin command to remove all TNT in an N-block radius, and more. It seems like the sort of thing we could really use.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 30, 2010, 05:41:07 AM »

But I'll miss the old method of getting rid of all of the tnt Joxam might have planted.

That method being blowing it up.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 30, 2010, 05:47:50 AM »

We don't need individual warps as badly, since we'll be able to place twisted Obsidian portals to The Slip in some areas, but I would like player privileges.  That way way Sharkey or someone could post the IP address and we wouldn't have to worry about griefers.  Do any of these mods provide List or Who commands?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #510 on: October 30, 2010, 06:10:23 AM »

Yeah, /list was also enabled as a player command on the server I was on.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 30, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »

hey0's server mod has a plugin that allows, quote, "protecting, removing, filling and replacing user selected areas of the game world"

I played on a server today that used this. While we don't know how it's going to be affected by Sunday's update, I'd highly recommend we use the hey0 mod and some of the plugins. The server I played on had a variety of features, including the ability to /sethome to relocate individual spawn points (but which doesn't affect compasses—they still point to the original spawn), /warp to teleport players to any location an admin has keyworded, player privileges which prevent unsolicited visitors from being able to access the contents of chests or destroy any existing blocks, rollback commands to either restore the entire server or selected portions, the admin ability to move entire pieces of landscape, an admin command to remove all TNT in an N-block radius, and more. It seems like the sort of thing we could really use.

That sounds useful for the current server, but I'm not sure if I want that on a survival server.  It would be kinda lame to be able to warp out of any sticky situation.

So now that we have the server, what is the possibility of just running both the old map and a new map simultaneously?

Also Notch just said on his Twitter that multiplayer damage won't be in tomorrow's patch, so we should hold off on generating a new multiplayer map anyway.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 30, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »

Current update status as of 15 minutes ago.  Torches will be safe for now.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »

Some interesting mods which might or might not break come the update

http://crafthub.net/2010/10/25/the-mod-compendium/

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #514 on: October 30, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

You can already warp out of sticky situations with /home.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 30, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »

You can already warp out of sticky situations with /home.

but right now the only danger is falling off the entire map or getting lost so it's ok.  you can't /home in single player.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #516 on: October 30, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

Right, but having a more useful teleport command is probably better in the long run. Though if it can be turned off in the survival server, thats cool too.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 30, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »

We can talk about mods on Monday, is my official stance.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 30, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »

I run this mod/plugin

The tnt removal is probably part of the Cuboid Plugin. I'm not sure what they're doing for rolling back part of the world unless that's also Cuboid -- you can select areas 3D cubes of any size and save them, copy them, paste them, delete them, whatever. It also lets you make spheres of any size, cylinders and disks. It's actually incredibly useful. It also lets you lock chests I think and create area ownership with either single user rights or group priveleges

Other plugins for hey0's mod that are useful: CraftIRC, which runs an IRC relay -- I make the dev add something in every week or so; QuickPort, which lets you hop around a map using a compass

There's something that makes dynamic signs but I forget what it is -- basically they tell you game time, irl time, or can warp you (ie, Click here to go to SUPERDUNGEON).

There's also in an game email plugin and one that forces the server to loop a certain time interval, ie day or twilight or whatever

all in all I recommend you guys use hey0's mod; it's got a ton of shit built in by default and the plugins make it invaluable. Plus it's probably the only mod that is good enough to use /commands rather than !commands so people doing shit doesn't spam the fucking chat

Setting it up is a bit weird at first but it makes sense once you look at it long enough

stump sock

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 30, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »

The server I usually play on uses the hey0 tools and it's nice. Being able to whitelist players and nerf TNT as needed is great. And while you can argue the merits of whether or not /sethome /home is cheap, it is able to be disabled and in a game where you can't die to get back to your spawn, it's invaluable. The mod tools alone are great, being able to warp to players, to warp the players themselves, spawn items, etc. You guys should definitely consider it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 72