Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101011 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #900 on: January 26, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »

Man, I don't know what's going on, but the creepers have a fucking Jihad against Starr on our LAN server.

She built a monastery on top of a mountain. Every morning there are like, seven eight creepers outside the front door (this is not hyperbole). They even stated blowing their way inside and tonight they practically DRILLED DOWN to her. She was digging in a lower level and they blew up the roof, and the next three floors down just to get to her. As in, there were new holes they blew up to get to her - even though they were several floors away to start. I have no idea how the first explosions could have even triggered without player proximity.

She had the building sealed off, and the whole damn mountaintop was practically blanketed with torches on every square. Day, night, it just doesn't matter.

I thought maybe I was sending her the creepers from my section of the map somehow but the same day she had the drill strike, I had a bunch in my village (no worse than usual).

I have no clue what creeper god she blasphemed, but this is way out of line, even for regular mob nonsense.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 26, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »

Yeah, I've had creepers act unusual a few times lately. Most strikingly, I was building a scaffolding in the middle of a very large bay. Night fell, but I continued working. My little construction was well-lit, and the closest piece of land was way, way out of aggro range. After a little while, an explosion knocked me off my structure, and I fell in the water. My first thought was that I had forgot to put a torch down somewhere, but when I got back to the surface, there was a goddamn creeper armada swimming straight towards me, less than ten but certainly more than six. I didn't have time to get anywhere; I tried to swim away from them but I guess there were more coming from the other direction because I got blown up.

I wish I had screenshotted it, but I kind of had more pressing issues in mind at the time.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 26, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »

You should have fought them in the water, surprisingly easy, I think their blast radius is way smaller underwater.

Personally, if they are getting smarter I'd be all for it.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 26, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »

explosions don't cause damage or deform terrain underwater, under usual circumstances. try placing TNT at the bottom of the ocean.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 26, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »

Alan, the Creepers have learned how to open doors

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 26, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »

problem-solving intelligence

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »

i mean, wait, how, they don't have hands or anything and i am pretty sure their faces are stuck like that

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 26, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »

i mean, wait, how, they don't have hands or anything

Neither do the players in Minecraft, and that hasn't stopped them.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 26, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »

pretty sure the creeper face needs to be an emoticon

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 26, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »

Speaking of unusual creeper density, they seem to be crowding up a lot by the spiral cobblestone stairway with the lava pouring down the center on the Zanzibarland server.  It's probably why the terrain down there is so uneven.  And no, I didn't cause any of those explosions.

:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:13 AM »

explosions don't cause damage or deform terrain underwater, under usual circumstances. try placing TNT at the bottom of the ocean.
I knew they didn't affect blocks underwater, but if they don't cause damage, then I was misled by the wiki.

In Beta, there is no way to pick up a TNT after it has been placed, but it can be detonated without damaging surrounding blocks by immersing it in water, for example by placing a water spring atop the TNT, then detonating it. However this explosion would still damage a player or a mob.

Oh well!

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 27, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »

Dooly I think you found Rygaron's project. We have decided that the area around that place is a hellhole and anyone who goes near it is crazy. There is usually 10 creepers hanging around there, no matter what.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 27, 2011, 01:15:31 AM »

I knew they didn't affect blocks underwater, but if they don't cause damage, then I was misled by the wiki.

In Beta, there is no way to pick up a TNT after it has been placed, but it can be detonated without damaging surrounding blocks by immersing it in water, for example by placing a water spring atop the TNT, then detonating it. However this explosion would still damage a player or a mob.

Oh well!

ah, ok. i guess i had that wrong then.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #913 on: January 27, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »

I think the water is pushing the creepers down into that hole. Maybe if we make a huge pit?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #914 on: January 27, 2011, 03:55:39 AM »

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: January 27, 2011, 05:12:43 AM »

Ryg's giant floating platform is creating a patch of darkness under which enemies can spawn with impunity, and after all the initial destruction the water is now funneling them towards the center, for... even more destruction.  It's probably one of the more effective security/armageddon devices I've seen, especially considering that it was completely unintentional.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 27, 2011, 05:35:47 AM »

I always thought Creepers should be more like the Beheaded Kamikazes from Serious Sam.  Instead of totally silent, they're so loud you can hear them clearly for several seconds before they're even in visible range.  The effect is so much better because once you start hearing that AAAAAAAAAAA in the distance, you know you'd better go find what's doing that soon or it will fuck you up completely.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 27, 2011, 07:11:48 AM »

I like how he referenced IWBTG.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 31, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »

Should we combine the old map with the new one?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #919 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »

I just want the old bigshell map, even if it's only a local backup copy that Brentai sends me. I do not enjoy survival mode, single-player or otherwise, as it is currently implemented.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 72