Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101038 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1340 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »

The Craftbukkit guys are being officially brought on board with Mojang, so Bukkit updates will now be released simultaneously with Minecraft releases.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »

What a CAT-TASTROPHE!

*blam*

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:09 AM »

Zanzibarland is now up as a technic server.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1344 on: March 02, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »

OK now that I got it to work properly having five wikis open at once is a problem but you should try.
PROTIPS
- install jre7 for the appropriate XX-bit of your computer
- reinstall minecraft before starting this
- once you start keep going south until you see a tower that looks like cake. That is stush's house. stush has some nice toys.
- over the entrance are the Macerizer (turns 1 ore to 2 powder) and the electric furnace (turns 1 powder to 1 ingot). Use them to double your metal.
- To one side is the Transmuter and this is some broken shit. You can burn your items to turn them to EMCs, and EMCs can be turned to any item you've burned in the transmuter before. (once you've burned a steak you can convert sugarcane to steaks it's nice). It does work on gunpowder, charcoal and redstone, but you have to empty your EMC pool before using fuel items.
- Workbench + book = Workbench 2, which is more automated.
- There is a shitload of weird ores. Copper + Tin makes Bronze tools that are slightly better than iron.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »

Bronze is better than Iron? Uh... :whoops:

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 04, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »

Copper is also used in conjunction with Rubber to make electrical cabling, which is required to power multiple machines from one electricity generator.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »

And this is what I don't like about every single mod that adds automation. (buildcraft, industrialcraft, etc)

Rather than taking redstone, and improving it to be more usable, they totally replace it with something that has a ridiculous crafting chain.
In my ideal world, what these mods would do is:
Let you run redstone on walls.
Let you insulate redstone so it doesn't make new connections unless you destroy it and set it back down, thereby letting you run two wires next to each other.
signature

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 05, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »

Redpower does this. It's in the Tekkit pack. You can put cabling along walls and use dye to make multiple colours of wire so they don't connect when laid alongside each other.

Industrialcraft's cabling has an entirely different use. It conducts power from generators to machines, like electric furnaces. Essentially, it replaces coal power generation, not redstone.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1349 on: March 05, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »

Equivalent Exchange does have the advantage of allowing all items from itself and regular Minecraft to be transmuted into each other once you know how.
I'm trying to use that, plus Buildcraft's automatic workbenchs, to make a device that automatically fabricates solar panels.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »

I have battery, electronic circuit and copper cabling automation to a certain degree on stush tower, though you have to load the raw materials manually for now, but energy collectors definitely are awesome to provide those. A little expensive to make though. I can probably provide pipes that would deliver all those things to you.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:49 AM »

T Smiler, I blew your stuff up and all the creeper explosion dropped were generators. I sort of remade what I remembered but now there's a lone lever on the ground and I don't know what it does, the wiring is probably also all weird.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 06, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »

Industrialcraft's cabling has an entirely different use. It conducts power from generators to machines, like electric furnaces. Essentially, it replaces coal power generation, not redstone.
No, I get this. My point is... why invent an entirely new and incompatible method of power transmission instead of just improving on the existing one? Redstone is supposed to be a simplistic depiction of electricity. Why does it need a second, more complicated depiction of a second form of electricity?
signature

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:09 AM »

In redpower, there's two types of alloys you can make, red wire is for transmitting signals, Like On/Off stuff, And the blue stuff is for actually transmitting power and all that!

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1354 on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »

Don't forget the IndustrialCraft wires and the Buildcraft conductive pipes. So, four mutually incompatible ways to conduct energy.

You should be using mostly IndustrialCraft to perform tasks, though, since it's the easiest to power up. BuildCraft stuff only works on fuel, or using the Electrical Engine which eats a -lot- of power.

(oh apparently F7 turns atmospheric noises off)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 06, 2012, 07:33:10 AM »

Why invent an entirely new and incompatible method of power transmission instead of just improving on the existing one? Redstone is supposed to be a simplistic depiction of electricity. Why does it need a second, more complicated depiction of a second form of electricity?

You need a more complicated depiction to properly simulate power generators, power grids and machines which consume energy.

Redstone torches never run out. They only convey on/off, not amounts of electricity. If you ran an electrical furnace on redstone, it would run indefinitely on a single redstone torch. To make energy generation meaningful you would have to mod redstone wire to convey variable amounts of power, and presumably it's easier and less buggy to make your own cable.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

the technic pack has included the powerconverters which let you power up buildcraft stuff with regular industrialcraft stuff and the other way around too.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »

Why invent an entirely new and incompatible method of power transmission instead of just improving on the existing one? Redstone is supposed to be a simplistic depiction of electricity. Why does it need a second, more complicated depiction of a second form of electricity?
Redstone torches never run out. They only convey on/off, not amounts of electricity. If you ran an electrical furnace on redstone, it would run indefinitely on a single redstone torch.
Yes, but, why would you not want that?
signature

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 06, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »

People want it to be more realistic. If one electric furnace ran off one torch, then a normal furnace would run indefinitely on one piece of coal. It's the same thing.

I'm not saying I like the overly complicated nature of the technic crap, but some of the complicated bits make sense.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 07, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »

If one electric furnace ran off one torch, then a normal furnace would run indefinitely on one piece of coal. It's the same thing.
In a reasonable mod, that would be the whole point of including an electric furnace -- an upgrade to the furnace so you never have to refuel.
signature
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72