Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 131

Author Topic: Babble about a video game you are playing  (Read 224271 times)

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Babble about a video game you are playing
« Reply #1720 on: April 15, 2009, 06:06:57 PM »

OutRun Online Arcaaaaaaaaaaaaade!

:jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:  :jizz:

I love OutRun goddamn

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 15, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »

FUCK YES I WILL CRASH INTO SO MANY PALM TREES FLIP MY CAR AND LAND SAFELY BACK IN IT

Outrun is probably the source of my obsession with owning a convertible.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 17, 2009, 03:40:00 AM »

Beneath a Steel Sky is an old cyberpunk point-and-click adventure game. Thanks to ScummVM DS and help from the original authors,  it's now a freeware DS game.

I find that I get stuck every so often and have to look up a guide. It's almost always some tiny object on one screen that I missed completely, like a coin in Professor Layton.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 19, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »

I beat the Zen game on Wii Fit, in front of an audience.

I didn't know you could beat Zen.  I am the serenest.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 19, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »

Legend has it that Amiga developers would sit cross-legged on an Atari balance board to achieve enlightenment.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: April 22, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

Eternal Darkness was pretty good, it did a lot of things right. Also did more than a few things wrong but nothing major.

The characters kind of feel like mental midgets though. They see a couple zombies, and suddenly it's like they're having flashbacks from all the acid they did in Vietnam. The Left 4 Dead crew are adamantium-willed demigods by comparison. And the game makes all this hoopla about the Ancients and how they're beyond comprehension and everything, but, I mean, I get it. They're big powerful things who don't care about makind much and they're trapped and trying to get out. It's not that hard to figure out.

Still a fun game though. Kinda wish they had made a WW2 chapter with Hitler trying to get his hands on an artifact but I guess that would have made the "let's rip off Indiana Jones" cup overflow.

In other news, Zeno Clash is okay, in a way that I can only explain by comparison.

I really like the melee combat in Dark Messiah; it's by far the best aspect of the game. Zeno Clash's combat is not as good, in my opinion, but it's still fun. The thing is, ZC is pretty much all combat, while DM does a bunch of things that aren't combat. So in the end, ZC is more condensed, and has more of the good stuff, even if that stuff has been done before, better, but in a less focused way. So I'm enjoying it on that level I think, at least partly because I'm a sucker for well done first-person melee combat.

The shooting bits are pretty terrible though, mostly because all the guns suck and the interface mechanisms surrounding weapons are fairly clumsy. The lock-on could use some work also.

The setting of the game is kind of meh, too. They make a big deal about being original and designing new stuff, but part of me keeps thinking I'm playing "Planescape: the FPS" and that they just should have got a license. Sometimes it feels like I'm running around the Outlands trying to figure out what can change the nature of a man, you know? Only it's not remotely as good as Planescape; it's just weird for weird's sake. And it's got retarded made-up expletives, and makes you beat up a girl in the first minutes, which, hmm. Well she started it, I think. But yeah, I didn't enjoy that. Maybe it's by design, I'm not supposed to enjoy it. But if I want games I'm not supposed to enjoy there's probably any number of pretentious developers out there who'll serve that need.

Still mostly fun though. It's okay.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 22, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

I think the atmosphere in that game is just a result of wacky foreigners trying to sell their wacky foreignness.  Sort of like Croteam but probably not as naively charming.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 22, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »

I didn't much care for Eternal Darkness, actually. I liked the guy who decomposed as you progressed, but then on the fourth guy I got into an unwinnable situation.

I'm pretty sure I picked the red god right off the bat, too.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »

Legend has it that Amiga developers would sit cross-legged on an Atari balance board to achieve enlightenment.

Which is where that "guru meditation" error message comes from

Transportation

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 22, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »

I didn't much care for Eternal Darkness, actually. I liked the guy who decomposed as you progressed, but then on the fourth guy I got into an unwinnable situation.

I'm pretty sure I picked the red god right off the bat, too.
What did you do? Did you not run in a circle long enough or something?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 22, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »

If you're telling me that the characters in ED regain health by walking around, I can honestly tell you that that's the first I've ever heard of that being possible.

ADDNEDUM: ever.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 22, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

They recharge their magic, which is about as good.

I can conceivably see how Karim might get to very low health without hope of recovery but none of the enemies in his chapter are very difficult; even the Horrors die in like two hits. If you picked the red ancient, you already have sanity recovery by then, and you get health recovery before the only real "nasty" fight in the chapter.

If by "fourth guy" you don't mean Karim, then it's either Anthony, who can't die, or Maximillian, who has all the recovery spells he needs before the fighting even starts.

:mystery:

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 22, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »

Well, it was definitely Karim, and I had Sanity Recovery, so I guess I did choose the red ancient.

The fact that I got into an unwinnable situation pissed me off, though, so much in fact that I returned the $50 game back to Gamecrazy for $15 in store credit. Notably, this was also the last time I went to Gamecrazy.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 23, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »

oh man you guys oblivion rules

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 23, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »

Well, it was definitely Karim, and I had Sanity Recovery, so I guess I did choose the red ancient.

The game isn't so hard that your color choice really matters: I went green first and I thought she was the hardest just because of her fucking Avatar in one of the latter chapters...

The fact that I got into an unwinnable situation pissed me off, though,

... Well, that's only the 4th story, you're honestly only about two hours invested at that point... and you'd get back within an hour or so, already knowing where to go...

so much in fact that I returned the $50 game back to Gamecrazy for $15 in store credit.

.. WOT !

I took a $35 loss on returning Eternal Darkness

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 23, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »

Who's cartoon specs hanging out on top of Jon and Gil?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 23, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »

I knew that was coming. Doom and all, even.

I'll grant you that it was a boneheaded+ maneuver to waste 35 dollars like that. That said, I've never felt even the slightest bit of regret over having sold Eternal Darkness. Unwinnable situation aside, I thought it was kind of boring, to be honest.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »

I guess I can't begrudge you such thoughts, since the game gets exponentially better as you progress with a bit of an awkward hump in the beginning-middle.

Maximillian is after Karim, though, so you were almost fucking there!

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 23, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »

:nyoro~n:

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 29, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »

so i just started playing this game on my psps it's pretty cool it starts out with some girl but i dunno what that's about but it's okay because then a train pulls up and this total badassed with a giant sword and a fuck the world attitude starts fucking up some power company employees and then he meets mr. t + ash from evil dead and its pretty cool
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 131