Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 86646 times)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 03:45:15 AM »

[Which temple are you going to? The dwarven one or the human one? We don't know if the sword is even at the dwarven one yet.]

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »

"In fact, I received my Vrinda from an orc's caravan not four years ago," said Pitamaha. "My, ah, 'faithful steed,' yes? She hath since been my constant companion in my journeys." He took a long sip from his soup. "What was that gentleman's name? Gortwog? Gorman? It escapeth me. He was most generous, but he too was far from his home, and I have not yet had occasion to venture into orc lands." He took another sip, finishing the bowl. "Perhaps this is the work of Destiny, for now that we have met, I have two mysteries, not one, to seek when at last I depart for those regions. -- Or three, if I cannot remember the name of that kind merchant."

"Gortwog, Gorman," Briar repeats quietly to herself, trying to commit the names to memory. "From a caravan. Hmm. Well it's not much to go on, but it's a start. Thank you, grandfather."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »

The night draws in. As Ampersand and Dog make their way to the ziggurat. Where are the rest of you going at this point?

The streets around are poorly lit except for burning torches inside the temple. A set of stone stairs inside the ziggurat is visible from the entranceway, and leads down into the underground portion of the temple. Individual dwarves occasionally walk into or out of the temple via the stairway. They appear to be normal dwarves; none wear armour or cleric's robes or the like.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »

[Pitamaha (and I assume Briar) had headed directly back to meet and share what little they discovered... which compared to everybody else's findings seems like it would lead to a wild goose chase.]
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »

(I guess once Grandpa and Grandma get here and get briefed we can go back Ampersand up at the zigg.)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »

So Briar pays for her common meal [6.9 GP remaining] and accompanies Pitahama back to the human temple to wait for the others.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »

Don't know the city layout and if & gets there before Dog. If so though, he shuffles on down to the main area and looks for a way in past what the day-to-day worshipers see before the rest of the group follows and makes a ruckus.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »

A few things as an aside:

Although people in the world don't usually talk about people having numerical levels, they're certainly aware of them. Most people are around level 1 or 2. The head of a temple or wizard's guild might be level 10-15. There are a handful of epic level (20+) characters in the world today, although they were once more common. Most monsters above level 20 haven't been seen in Rynwold since the Age of Terror. The deities themselves are speculated to be in the high twenties to thirties, if their level can even be quantified in mortal terms.

Regarding powers, it's entirely up to you how those work thematically, as long as the description matches how the power works. You can also use combat powers outside of combat if they'll be useful, although the rest requirements to regain an encounter or daily power remain.

Buge and Bongo Bill, sign up to https://dicelog.com/ and PM me the e-mail address you used to sign up so I can invite you to the dice logger. Everyone, whenever you need to roll dice, you can use this if you already know what roll you need to make. Otherwise, just tell me what you want to roll (I have all your skill modifiers written down here).

Also, I need a copy of Ampersand's character sheet again. The dropbox link in the signup thread doesn't work.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »

[Assuming Stush also goes with Vivi]

Pitamaha and Briar: On your way to the human cathedral you bump into Vivi and Stush who are on their way to the dwarven ziggurat. When the four of you arrive there, you meet Dog and are able to confer information. It arises that Ampersand just walked into the ziggurat and down the steps.

Just then, the two suspicious dwarves Pitamaha noticed enter the temple along with a third dwarf who wears a green cloak. From your position in an alleyway it appears that they haven't noticed you.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »

Upon meeting the other two ladies: "Hey you two. Learn anything useful?"

After huddling in the shadow of  the  alleyway, Briar straightens up. "Let's get 'em before they get to Amer-- Ambrose-- Amphora-- that guy."

[dicelog is giving Chrome certificate warnings.]

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »

Ampersand: The steps lead down into a wide square chamber, ten feet high and decorated with dwarven engravings. Passageways lead north, south, east and west. The north-south passageway is dark, while the east-west is lit with torches that stand on poles inserted into the ground.

Just then, you hear footsteps and speech as dwarves come down the stairway.

[Ignore dicelog's the certificate warnings. It just means that their secure certificate isn't trusted by a third-party. You don't need third-party trusted HTTPs just for dice rolls.]

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »

Francisca looks over at Briar, "I didn't really want this one to come down to a fight, it'd be best if we could do this diplomatically.. can we confront them first? Something seems a bit off about this whole thing."

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 12:03:33 AM »

Dog approaches the ziggurat and looks around. He touches the stone and rubs his fingers together and looks again.
He marches down the stairs and looks around, trying to look like an innocent visitor/tourist type.
If he sees anyone he nods in a greeting and continues to gander about.

(perception +0, Dungeoneering +5)

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 02:57:24 AM »

BAM

Ampersand heads down whichever of the north / south passage has the best view of people coming down the steps and waits to see who's coming in behind him. Primary concern is staying out of sight, with a secondary of watching where they go. [If any of them pulls out a torch and seems to be heading his way, he gets to steppin' down the hall]

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »

Francisca decides to make her way into the passage, following a while after the dwarves, because she has no real chance of sneaking up on them. She tries to be as non-confrontational as possible, in case she runs into anyone, she doesn't want a fight, her aim is to sort this out through diplomatic means. Slaughtering a bunch of dwarves for stealing a sword is not really much of a story.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 08:47:59 AM »

Mooooom Stush is stealing my characteeeeeer.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2011, 09:03:02 AM »

Francisca looks over at Briar, "I didn't really want this one to come down to a fight, it'd be best if we could do this diplomatically.. can we confront them first? Something seems a bit off about this whole thing."
"Well all right, but I'm not leaving you alone if things go sour," Briar says gruffly. She follows a few steps behind Francisca, staying as casual as she can.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »

Ampersand: As you duck into the unlit north corridor, the dwarves follow you down the same corridor.

Ampersand's Stealth: 14 + 11 = 25

The dwarves walk right past you as you hide in an alcove. They head north into the chamber beyond. You hear stone moving, then nothing. You see Francisca, Briar and Dog wander in behind you.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »

Any chance for a retroactive perception roll to see if I heard anything like a switch?

Regardless, Ampersand greets the others with a nod as he moves back into the main hall. "Trap door, I'll need, uh..." he looks over the three and points to Briar "you, just in case we have to get in there the hard way. You two stay here. Anyone else comes through this way we want them noticing non-dwarves back here, not trying to break in." Motioning for Briar to follow, Ampersand moves back into the shadow of the northern hall, ready to start searching for the opening.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »

Briar nods and tags along, keeping a cautious eye on the hall behind her and the thief.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 101