Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 100912 times)

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2010, 07:04:46 AM »

Just a thought -- is it possible that one of the straight up custom servers ( http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Custom_server_list) could just flat out run better by not being a god damned jar file? D3 and WoM seem nice.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »

None of these look like they are for SMP, so we wouldn't actually be able to use them.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »

I like how the downward stairs rune is more complicated than actually digging the damn stairs

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »

I haven't been able to connect to the server for awhile.  Anyone know what the trouble is?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »

Sorry, I fixed it. I got a new router and then I was setting it up, and then it was supper time and then I finally got done.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

I'm not sure about that. Now it can't find the server at all, instead of just timing out
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »

Hmm.  This hall is a little off..  *dig dig dig*.  There that should make it look even---- FUCK WHY IS THERE A MONSTROUS CAVERN BEHIND THAT ONE BLOCK?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2010, 09:50:37 PM »

I'm very curious what the map looks like now.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »

Yeah, me too. I've been so absorbed with my own projects recently that I haven't had too many opportunities to see what people have been making on the server.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »

Make sure that when you start building something that you don't cockblock other people's projects.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »

Some of my underground tunnels have ended up in other peoples basements.  I can go brick these off if that's a problem.  I'm slowly working on flattening out some of the natural tunnels to have flat flowing paths and eventually plan to put in safety fences so you can tour the underwater lava pits and water streams.  So far my only tourist attraction is megacactus, which is about 30 something squares tall at the moment.

I am very slowly working on making making parts of the natural landscape around our city of things accessible to the disabled who are unable to jump.  If these are in your way, feel free to remove them, but please consider how wonderful stairs are.

EDIT:

Please be wary of the notorious airship pirate Kayin, he has some superweapon which has punched holes through the land and he enjoys pushing people into them.  He also has hidden stockpiles of TNT of which the end purpose is unknown.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

If anybody gets bored and needs something to do, I wouldn't mind some help filling in the terrain underneath my in-progress replica of Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Pavillion. You can find it by going right at the first T-junction on the great glass walkway, then jumping off at the corner after the signs. I've laid the perimeter of the foundation, but I didn't plan my site very well, as approximately half of the building is sitting over water, unsupported. (Which is fine, but... not canonical.) So at some point I'm going to have to fill that shit in, and that'll be a pain in the ass, so if you need to dump a half-ton of soil and cobblestone and shit, go for it.

Also, at some point I apparently need an admin to spawn some water in my two reflecting pools, which are the two depressed areas that don't have big holes in them.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »

Has anyone been able to connect?  Since minecraft.net is down, I haven't been able to authenticate and it won't let me join the server.

ggrrrrraaaaaghhhh
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »

Yeah, there's a program that imports 3d models to minecraft.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

To the server admins: here's a good list of server mods.  I think one of the simple wrappers should be fine, just something with basic features.  MCAdmin looks like a good one.

The server just went back up, btw.  Enjoy.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 01:36:13 AM »

Upthorn borked my lava pyramid, and blocking off the sources didn't cut off the lava, so I ended up watering the entire thing, blocking the water, and fixing it back up.

The weird result of is that my pyramid is now double-hulled.  You can't see it, but the structure now consists of the original pyramid, an empty air layer, and then another pyramid two layers up, where the water turned all of the old lava into cobblestone.  I then built the new lava on top of this.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 02:04:18 AM »

stop breaking people's shit, people! D:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 72