Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101029 times)

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1380 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:48 PM »

Apparently teleport tubes only work for the same owner. Sigh. That means either I have to install the mailbox or the person has to install input and output tubes at the post office.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 19, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »

Zara, I had an accident at the post office and blew up a wall clean of, I fixed that though, but the pillar in the middle with the timer also suffered some side effect and I'm not sure how to fix that one.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

GREEEEN

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 19, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

I like the way he says "an accident" as if, rather than creepers, it was simply a bad case of diarrhea.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »

I wish, creepers can't do the sort of damage the mod stuff can do.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:17 AM »

Yeah, if you screw up a nuclear reactor...

Minecraft nuclear reactor explosion

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 20, 2012, 04:01:11 AM »

Jeez, Zara, you are freaking amazing. D: I was just looking through your stuff, I can't figure out what the hell is going on at all.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 07, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »

"Fallen Kingdom" - A Minecraft Parody of Coldplay's Viva la Vida (Music Video)

This dude makes cool videos relating to Minecraft.

Unfortunately they're all just means to broadcast his horribly written Minecraft themed song parodies.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 07, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »

I saw the video without sound. It's great.

I just heard five seconds of the music

fuck this

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 22, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »

They made a new one!

Minecraft: Diamonds Are Forever

One of the best comments is that even though these guys have these crazy CGI skills, they still use scuffed up cardboard for costumes, which actually makes it more awesome. No disagreement here.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 24, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »

Got the urge to play this again. Story is always the same, though: I'm having a good time, building stuff, getting a bunch of rare minerals from a cavern, don't notice a hole in the floor, burn to death, quit game for several months.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:36 AM »

Do you play with your death as the endgame? Hardcore mode (either self-imposed or using the actual gamemode)?

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:09 AM »

It's not the "endgame", it's just the point where I get fed up. Having lost a lot of diamond, gunpowder, iron, gold and other minerals to the torrent of fire, I decide to just give up because fuck it.

Keep in mind, I'm not complaining in a sense that the game is "broken" or whatever, just dying in fire at the bottom of the world is enough to make me realize my love and hate relationship with survival.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »

Fair enough!

Survival became pretty boring to me after about a dozen games or so (solo and with teammates). Now mostly I just treat it like a lego set and play creative off and on.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 24, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »

I can't get into creative for whatever reason. It's not just about building my fortress, it's that I found all the minerals and survived danger to do it. There's something about the slow, methodical process as I work my way towards a more fully formed building that I enjoy. Plus the sense of discovery when I find rare minerals underground. I just wish there was an option to not lose inventory when you died, or something along those lines.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 24, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »

It's not just about building my fortress, it's that I found all the minerals and survived danger to do it.
I just wish there was an option to not lose inventory when you died, or something along those lines.
These. I hate creative because I like having to work for the materials, but at the same time, I am not so good at actually surviving. I've played on a few SMP servers, where we would go mining in teams to reduce the danger, and then build as a team. It was fun until people started getting in fights or leaving. Some people liked the teamwork, but other people weren't really their for multiplayer, they were there to play single player while talking to people, and then easily show off their creation.

Edit: Oh, and the people who are both clumsy and dim. Someone decided to burn down their library for kicks. turns out part of their wall had a diagonal hole the fire could jump through. He burned down a continent in the process and half the server spent the next week clearing the glitchy failed-to-burn logs and planting new trees because that idiot wasn't the only person who lived there.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 24, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »

I've built entire towns after surviving (this was like a year and a half ago) and after a while the sheer grind of it all just got to me. Digging out vast underground mob traps or whatever ceased to have any acheivement value after a while.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 24, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »

I still think there's a missed multiplayer opportunity in along servers to designate some people as Builders, who have the ability to pretty do everything they can now, and others to be designated as Adventurers, who can only interact with things like doors, chests, triggers and the like. That way Adventurers could join the game and wander around the world as it's being built, and Builders could design traps and dungeons and towns for them to visit.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

I think the free build/destroy design of the game leaves so much potential for alternative play that is currently unexplored. Modify what you can and cant break and craft, change spawn rates, add guns, drop the player in a prebuilt ruined city. Zombie survival with free building could be the most fun you ever have. Having a server where some players build dungeons and other players trek through them would be neat too. As it is there really nothing to do but build and farm materiLs to build with, which is fun for a while, but the game could be so much more.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 24, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »

Something I started trying to do once, was to build a large, dense, nasty, poorly-lit, cheap-and-quick organic slum zone. Not fancy architecture, just narrow streets, dead ends and rows and rows of crude wood and stone shacks with dirt floors, pressed against one another, in layers. A place you could literally get lost in, where daylight is no guarantee of safety and nighttime a hardcore death trap. A simple sewer would have been rad. It would have been a sight to behold even after the creepers had their way with it.

I... kind of got pretty sick of building it before it got anything like that though. That's not a one-man job, not at the scale I'd have liked.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72