Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Shit [Units of Time]  (Read 22067 times)

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit [Units of Time]
« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »

That too, was my understanding.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:22 AM »

So my sister, who I've bailed out of several thousand dollars in fuckups over the last year, and her roommate, with whom I've developed a sort of casual relationship with over the last year, are coming to stay at my house for a couple days.  After a night of heavy cleaning I spotted an unopened fortune cookie lying around, so I asked out loud how the weekend was going to go and then cracked it open.

"You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble."

Oh.

Thanks, fortune cookie.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »

My chonromalacia is slowly evolving into osteoarthritis even though I am furiously mashing the B button trying to get it to stop.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »

Ugh. My shit is all whacked up at the moment. Simultaneously feeling kind of depressed and obnoxiously energetic.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »

Was this just today or like, this whole week?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »

Ugh. My shit is all whacked up at the moment. Simultaneously feeling kind of depressed and obnoxiously energetic.

Welcome to the past year and a half.  I feel like shit because I'm not doing anything, but feel like I need to do something, but no desire to do any individual thing from my options of things to do, so I do nothing, and feel worse.

Also I have a Master's thesis due in eleven days that I've barely started.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

Over the last few weeks everything has just gone tits up and is collapsing. I'm trying to cobble together enough money to study abroad in Italy, but that may be out of luck*. A break up with my girlfriend turned into an emotional roller coaster in which she is threatening to say I raped and beat her**, after making my living situation a complete whirlwind. Things have just not been going well for me. And all of this and I still have a paper and two projects for school to finish.

*Naked, transparent appeal for money.
**Not even a shred of truth.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:44 AM »

All-around bad times today for you guys. :/

Constantine, I wanna spot you something, but this is just a really bad time. Maybe in a couple weeks, but I wouldn't be able to any sooner.

Welcome to the past year and a half.  I feel like shit because I'm not doing anything, but feel like I need to do something, but no desire to do any individual thing from my options of things to do, so I do nothing, and feel worse.

Also I have a Master's thesis due in eleven days that I've barely started.

I hear that. I threw down the gauntlet the other day and told my boss how bored I was*. If I had a plan or even the faintest idea of where to go from here, then I'd just get working on it, but I just have no fucking clue anymore.

*This could end positively or it could end badly, but either way it's extremely unlikely they'll actually fire me just for saying that - my performance is unassailable, they're short-staffed as it is, and it took them two months longer than intended to recently find replacement for a different French-speaking investigator who left last year.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »

Was this just today or like, this whole week?
Longer than a day, less than a week. Characterized by excessive, sometimes self-destructive masturbation description in spoiler tags for people who have already read too much about my genitals. [spoiler]Loss of sleep. Rash and minor bleeding from surface cuts. Relatively minor as these things go.[/spoiler] Not hot signs.

I do nothing, and feel worse.
Word up to my procrastinator bros.
The only thing that I've found that helps me with this at all are checklists of goals and telling someone every day how many goals I made that day. Currently, I have no such person sitting on my back though.

FUUUUCK
Is basically all I have to say about that. Probably, if you're serious about begging the community it should go in its own thread.
I'd like to help but not so hot for cash either, and I don't think I can take on the kind of side project that would be managing the fallout from this relationship (if anyone is even qualified to do so).

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2013, 02:05:55 PM »

Word up to my procrastinator bros.
The only thing that I've found that helps me with this at all are checklists of goals and telling someone every day how many goals I made that day. Currently, I have no such person sitting on my back though.
You've got us. Go make a "Things Classic Did Today" thread, Guildhall it if you want it private.

Is basically all I have to say about that. Probably, if you're serious about begging the community it should go in its own thread.
Wouldn't hurt. The generosity of this community was literally all that stood between me and living on the street for a few months there, so I hold you guys in the highest regard.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »

Oh yeah! My doctor tells me that unless something drastically changes my knee is likely to degrade to the point where I either have to get it replaced or I'll be in a wheelchair by age 40. Now I have a time limit before my kneecap explodes out of my body and starts flying around the room shooting lasers at the Vic Viper.

Boy that time where I took out tens of thousands of dollars in loans to get a degree that lets me work short bursts of eight to fourteen hours standing up on concrete floors sure was a great idea!

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

Did you know anything about this knee problem at the time?
Also, I thought that this thread was for slightly less depressing problems.
Somewhere between Shit days and First World Problems, or perhaps the first world problems that actually might somewhat register as problems.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »

I thought this thread was the MORE depressing thread, because it is about the shit that does not stop.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »

I'm not sure it was ever really defined too well.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »

But I mean, the first arc of the thread is basically "Fuck Salvation Army" (because seriously, fuck those guys) and culminates with the following confessions from Brentai.

The difference between him and me is that I could improve my current circumstances if I needed to and just get a room, but right now I'm counting my wealth in furniture and it's hard to pay ONE COUCH CHACHING just to sleep a little better for a few nights.

So my torture is partly self inflicted, partly circumstantial because my paperwork has been fucked sideways through no fault of my own.  Still depressing though.

So even if it was meant to be a Shit Days post... well...

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

My knee problem blossomed into its own as I was nearing the end of culinary school. Too late to back out, really.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »

I guess it's a good time to start looking to be a guinea pig for a particularly cool prosthesis project... Though given your luck it'll probably drive you insane or something.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »

Gizmoduck style uni-wheel, dude.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »

If the '90s have taught us anything, it's that R2 needs killer tank treads.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »

Started getting these dizzy spells again, about a week ago.  They're, at their best, an incessant distraction; more typically, they're legitimately uncomfortable; and at worst they're frightening and dangerous.

I'm hoping it's just allergies, some kinda inner ear thing mucking with my balance, and it'll pass.  I don't think it's my meds this time because I haven't changed them up in months.

Last night I thought I was doing better.  Then I started to go to bed and knocked my glass of water off my nightstand.  After I cleaned it up (and put my sheet back on the bed at 90 degrees from how it's supposed to go), I went to bed; when I realized I still had my contacts in I went and took them out and managed to walk into the doorway and the bed on my way back.

Today I reached for a door handle and missed.

Closest experience I can compare it to was in college and involved brownies.  Except that one was fun.

I've got some friends going to Comicon this weekend; I'm thinking of going but if I get up Saturday morning feeling like this I'm not goddamn going anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15