Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: MANPIRES WIN  (Read 40721 times)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: DAY 1
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »

Kayma - I don't buy the "one word post means he's the oracle" thing. Laying low for some reason.

Shouldn't that say "I can't buy the 'one word post means he's the oracle' thing, because I'm not evil."?

Verde.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »

Yeah honestly I didn't want to see my friend who hasn't played werewolf for a while get day one lynched because "aww man that one post has a lot of suspicious stuff that I am projecting onto it." I guess it is the nature of day 1 though.

My opinion on the people hating on guild is that they can't handle the level of verbal spew he dishes out in these games.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »

His defending Joxam is suspicious

No, no it isn't, in fact, as I explained earlier, it's the opposite of suspicious. No wolf in their right fucking mind would defend a partner on day fucking 1. Unless Smiler has Wolf Balls the size of Nebraska, and he's doing some insane double reverse psychology. The fact is no wolf would defend their partner this early on out of fear of people reacting exactly as you are reacting.

Plus, Smiler and Joxam are friends, so it's natural to assume he'd defend him. Also Joxam role claimed so we're pretty sure he isn't bad, which means Smiler can't be defending his bad partner.

To sum up, you continuing to press this avenue of attack against Smiler is actually making me suspicious of you.

Can someone just explain to me, for future reference, where I was being defensive? I mean, perhaps I'm defensive by nature, but I don't think I did anything in the two posts I've made so far in this game that just shouts "I am being defensive and I need to be killed." Of course, I made both posts in like the five minutes I had before I had to go to work both days, so perhaps I was just in a rush. I realize this post, by the way, is defensive, as I'm like one vote away from dying. I will note that I only voted for someone after they already had votes in their direction and as much as 'voting to get the ball rolling' is apparently reason enough to be suspicions of someone, it was exactly what I was doing. I ask about how you guys think I was being suspicious purely on grounds that people seem to always say this about me in wolf games and I'd very much like to know what I'm doing wrong if anything? Is it the verbose nature of my posts, or just how I word things?

Now the actual meat of the post, I am also very suspicious of smiler and guild both defending me over the course of the last few pages. I would not let my death and then proof of innocence (should it come to my death, which it is looking like it might) rule them out as possible suspects, as their defense of me seems to be a ploy, from this end.

Bold/emphasis added.

I'm not saying Smiler is wolf A protecting Joxam, wolf B. I'm not even saying Smiler's evil. I'm just saying I found it suspicious that he was defending Joxam, who already seemed pretty defensive at not a lot of pressure (Joxam has since lost most of my suspicion).

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »

If Smiler was honestly just trying to make sure his friend didn't die for having work to do between sessions at the computer, then it's not a problem. I just want to hear more people talk.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »

My opinion on the people hating on guild is that they can't handle the level of verbal spew he dishes out in these games.

I feel like it's OK to be suspicious of the non-Niku who played everyone for saps last game. I'm not worried enough to call for his blood, but I am aware of his skill at flim-flammery.

1. Why are there still votes for Joxam? Unless the real Thief is keeping quiet to see Joxam lynched, he's clear for today.
2. I'm still content with my no-lynch, but someone has to give or we'll stay deadlocked. Today's churned up some information, anyway.
3. Envy, I'll start turning my eyes Guildward if you turn out to be clean.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »

3. Envy, I'll start turning my eyes Guildward if you turn out to be clean.

Why? I know just as much as you do. Is there something suspicious about what I said about Envy? If so, why not state what it is that's suspicious instead of just saying 'if Envy's inno, guild's guilty!' that makes no sense!
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

Verde.
Kayma - I don't buy the "one word post means he's the oracle" thing. Laying low for some reason.

Shouldn't that say "I can't buy the 'one word post means he's the oracle' thing, because I'm not evil."?

Verde.
Guild made an absolutely excellent point. It is possible that verde just misspoke, but Verde's wording, to me, screams "I am evil and trying to discredit kayma's oracle-ness without drawing attention to the fact that I am, in fact evil"
I am glad you posted, guild. I would not have noticed that fine point of his wording had you not noticed it first.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »

Current tally is as follows:

Envy: 5
Verde: 5
no lynch: 3
Joxam: 2
Guild: 1
Kayma: 1

It takes eight votes to JUSTICE, and there is no statute of limitations.
...but is it art?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »

Staying on Verde. There's no magic behind this, just a hunch that I see no reason to ignore. Plus, his little defcon thing boils down to "You are either evil, or evilly quiet, or NexAdruin". That's... helpful.

The Smiler/Joxam thing I'm willing to take at face value here. If they end up being furbuddies or fangbros, I'm sure it will become apparent in the following days.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

Vote rescinded (from whomever it was on; I think Joxam). I'd like to hear an explanation for this discrepancy of Verde's before I vote for him.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »

Guild, reply 186 I changed to Verde. Also, there are only 3 names not crossed out on jox, not four, and one of them is me, which as i just said is actually verde

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »

The current vote tally, voters included, is:

Envy, 5: Friday, Joxam, Transportation, Verde, and Zach.
Verde, 5: G, Garrison, Kayma, Nickasummers, and Smiler.
no lynch, 3: Bleck, Friend, and jsnlxndrlv.
G, 1: Envy.
Joxam, 1: Classic.
Kayma, 1: McDohl.

I will count the votes. So long as nobody edits their posts, which is not allowed, my tally will be correct.
...but is it art?

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

Thanks Bongor!

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »

I guess right now it looks like either Envy or Verde is up?

I have no idea what either of them are doing, but I've flipped a coin.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »

Tell you guys the truth, there's so much metagame that goes in to day 1 I'm usually afraid to say much of anything at the risk of everyone going "OMG MURDER"  It makes Dohl sad when he dies.  Granted I've been evil more times than inno, I think.

rescinding vote on Kayma

Honestly, I'm thinking Envy is the more likely candidate.

My science for coming to this decision?  Eenie Meenie Mynie Mo.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »

I should probably add that I flipped for Verde

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »

After rereading the thread, I think I like Verde best for our Day 1 lynch. Someone's gotta die and Verde already has a pretty good bandwagon going on.

Ugh. This kind of thing disgusts me. See, I consider the no lynch a completely legitimate option while Garrison doesn't even see it as an option on the table. Someone does not have to die on day one. Second, it's completely idiotic to vote for someone simply because other people are voting for them. Garrison, I would feel compelled to vote for you if I didn't feel like it would be a complete waste of time, since most people are already set on voting for Verde or Envy and I don't think I could convince enough people to change their votes to lynch you.

Anyways, if we're going to kill Verde or Envy, I'm going to vote for the one I find more suspicious. At the point, I'm much more inclined to vote for Envy, because of this post:

18 people with a small chance of hitting a wolf. I really doub it's going to be 50/50 I think waiting for the first night actions and seeing who or what is killed or turned or whatever is a better idea. We did the lynch random people thing and it did not turn out very well last time. Also for this game I will not respond to anything in #FF so any scripted messaegs will here by be known as fabricated out the ass.

Why does he only specify hitting a wolf? Is it because he feels wolves are the only ones worth targeting? Is it because he's a wolf? Feels like an accidental confession to me. Not completely lynch worthy on its own, but there's more.

I'm gonna say No Lynch on this one.

Even though we have a 50/50 (roughly) chance to hit a bad? I know for a fact that people debate no lynching when the odds are 1/8th that! Tell me why you want to no lynch, please.

18 people with a small chance of hitting a wolf. I really doub it's going to be 50/50 I think waiting for the first night actions and seeing who or what is killed or turned or whatever is a better idea. We did the lynch random people thing and it did not turn out very well last time. Also for this game I will not respond to anything in #FF so any scripted messaegs will here by be known as fabricated out the ass.

Fair enough, but I don't really like your logic. It sounds like you aren't reading the thread, just kinda defending yourself when you're in trouble. Don't you WANT to catch manbearpires?

And then you bandwagon without giving a reason (however tenuous):

Just a reminder you gotta bold Joxam as well as vote for him in the poll for it to count.

I agree that he does come off a defensive, and he also blatantly bandwagons without even giving a reason.

I've seen and agree with some of the reasons for voting for Verde, but I feel like, of the two, Envy is probably more likely to be evil.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »

So does that put Envy at 7 votes?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »

Envy: 7
Verde: 6
no lynch: 2
G: 1

Takes eight to hang somebody. Or nobody, if that's your thing. No time limits yet.
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26